Pats schedule may not be as easy as ppl think

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81patsfan. Show 81patsfan's posts

Pats schedule may not be as easy as ppl think

looking at our team schedule, you would think that the pats should steamroll through it to 16-0 maybe 13-3 at worst right? well lets take into consideration that teams usually change from season to season some get better from the previous season some get worse or stay the same. Every Team entered the draft with a need and they adressed them for the most part along with free agency. Now im not saying that the bad teams from last year are dramatically improved for the better after one season, but they are improved and can be very tough to beat. I also think most ppl(Haters) are gonna dis-credit our season and team based off of our perceived "easy sschedule" Im not saying that we might lose alot of games if any, but I notice that ppl were making a "hot topic" out of our schedule and the fact that we just left the superbowl. The league makes the schedule we just play em.
    Your thoughts?

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Pats schedule may not be as easy as ppl think

No kidding, strength of schedule based on last years schedule is worthless. There is a 0% chance that those teams do the same this year as they did last year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I never bought this "easy schedule" thing.  There are a number of truly tough games on the schedule and a lot of games with teams that could be on the rise. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The only thing you can say is that they are facing the 2 worst division (you can argue 3, with the AFC east being the 3rd) historically for the last 3-4 years. Were are talking consistent top 20 pick teams across the board. Now of course they could all improve so it's no sure thing but given the consistency of the bad teams over the last 3-4 years it's less likely then a SB contender appearing out of the group.

Additionally they only have 2 long flights and different time zones, one of which they have the bye right after (Sea and Stl in London). Usually most teams will make multiple cross country trips so having basically all the games on the east coast in the same time zone is a marketable advantage

Another benefit is where the by is located. Not only is it right after a trip to London but it's smack dab in the middle of the season. That gives the players a good week of rest that isn't to soon in the season but also is early enough to let the coaches work on fundamentals without having to worry about the playoff push and messing up players routines.

They also play 3 of their last 4 at home which should get them momentum and fired up heading into the playoffs. Never discount the affect of closing out the season at home on a strong note can have on the players.

All in all on paper they travel less then any team, have a well positioned bye week, play the weakest divisions in the NFL over the last 3-4 years , and end at home. The stars are aligned for a strong season on paper. Doesn't mean it would be easy as we've seen the Pats fall into traps before, but they should have an easier path then going through the AFC North, NFC East, or NFC North

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

The biggest part of any 'strength of schedule' number is the three teams you play twice in your division, and it is the reason that the Jets, Miami, and Buffalo all have tougher schedules than NE - they each play NE twice and NE doesn't have to play themselves at all! The rest of the NE schedule by rule is tougher than the rest of the division because it is based on last years finishing positions.
    Now, who knows whether any of those three teams have really improved, but division games are never easy. If collectively those three teams improve by 4 wins, our SOS just got stronger by a total of 8 wins - that would be 9-7, 8-8, and 7-9, not exactly powerhouses, but would make a hug difference in the SOS calculation.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

For most bad teams in the NFL,  beating the Patriots is like winning the Superbowl for their fans.
       Bad teams always bring their A game to New England. 

The Jets, Bills and Phins are designed from the ground up to defeat New England.
       Not many other teams have  a target on their backs like New England.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

I had them 15-1 until Harbaughs spygate comments and the Terrell Thuggs sissy injury he got without being tackled.  Clearly 16-0 now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

19-0

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

There is no such thing as an easy schedule in the cap era NFL. Does not exist.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: Pats schedule may not be as easy as ppl think:
    19-0
    Posted by tcal2-

18-1 would actually be better.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In Response to Re: Pats schedule may not be as easy as ppl think : 18-1 would actually be better.
    Posted by BassFishing

Uhhh, they tried 18-1, it was definitely NOT BETTER than 19-0...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Uhh, no one has gone 19-0 and no one ever will mosty likely, which is why another way to 18-1 with a ring would be the ultimate justification for a failed 19-0 in 2007.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

19-0
    Posted by tcal2-

Yes

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

in the reg season, i'd be happy with a 12-4 if they gain >120 yards on the ground against each of the following...

ravens
    bills
    jets
    texans
    and niners

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

I'd settle for 12 -8 if it means they win the Super Bowl
     ( 8-8 regular season + 4 - 0 in playoffs )

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

In Response to Pats schedule may not be as easy as ppl think : no it's easy...waaaay too easy for a SB team
    Posted by JintsFan

Again - the only reason it is 'easy' is the division games, and those could be much tougher this year, and are never truly easy any year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Pats will have to earn every win...no team is going to lay down against them...if they make it through the 1st 8 games undefeated then I can see them winning out the rest of the way...as long as key players stay healthy,& the D plays middle of the pack well in ALL aspects they look tough to beat....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

Uhh, no one has gone 19-0 and no one ever will mosty likely, which is why another way to 18-1 with a ring would be the ultimate justification for a failed 19-0 in 2007.
    Posted by BassFishing

Yes please.  I was absolutely sick to my stomach throughout the 2007 playoffs; I can't imagine what the players were feeling.  I have no issue whatsoever with one hard fought loss early in the season.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

in the reg season, i'd be happy with a 12-4 if they gain />120 yards on the ground against each of the following... ravens bills jets texans and niners
    Posted by seattlepat70

They'd be lucky to get 50 yards against defenses of the likes of niners, texans, ravens and maybe even the jets. It will be TB throwing again.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Polonium. Show Polonium's posts

The Patritos can only play the schedule that is handed to them, and they are not responsible for other teams to imrpove themselves.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

There's a chance that the Patriots can lose any particular game.  The football takes funny bounces. 

Also, the mob likes to fix games by buying refs, specifically where the home underdog is scheduled to lose by less than 7 points.  One part of BB's game plan is immediately benching any player who shows the slightest whiff of wanting to throw a game for the mob.  This is 100% opposite from Belichick's preseason game plan, where some of the Patriots stalwarts will deliberately throw easy interceptions or drop fumbles in the second or third preseason game on BB's direct orders.  Just watch!  But don't expect the same thing to happen in the regular season.  These deliberately horrid plays are designed to statistically make the Patriots look average and they tend to lull the other teams to sleep just a bit.  Excuse me for speaking my mind but I call things as I see them.  If I were coaching I'd do the same thing.

In any case, there isn't any game where I would favor the other team.  14-2, because stuff happens sometimes.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: Pats schedule may not be as easy as ppl think : They'd be lucky to get 50 yards against defenses of the likes of niners, texans, ravens and maybe even the jets. It will be TB throwing again.
    Posted by GEAUX-TIGRES

BJGE ran amuck on the Jets in Week 5 and he had 50 yards on 8 carries at halftime in the AFC title game.

Don't let the facts get in your way, though.

Sections
Shortcuts