Pats see Ravens again?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Pats see Ravens again?

Blat has head to head wins against both Fins and Chargers - so either loses next week and Ravens win in Cincy, Ravens get 6th spot....I can see that happening.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: Pats see Ravens again?

Here's the AFC. Only the 6th seed is up for grabs and seeding of the 5 already in.

DENVER BRONCOS

Denver can clinch home-field advantage throughout the AFC playoffs with:

1) DEN win or tie

2) NE loss or tie

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

New England can clinch a first-round bye with:

1) NE win or tie

2) CIN loss or tie + IND loss or tie

New England can clinch home-field advantage throughout the AFC playoffs with:

1) NE win + DEN loss

CINCINNATI BENGALS

Cincinnati can clinch a first-round bye with:

1) CIN win + NE loss

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Indianapolis can clinch a first-round bye with:

1) IND win + NE loss + CIN loss or tie

MIAMI DOLPHINS

Miami can clinch a playoff berth with:

1) MIA win + BAL loss or tie

2) MIA win + SD win

3) MIA tie + BAL loss + SD loss or tie

4) MIA tie + BAL tie + SD tie

BALTIMORE RAVENS

Baltimore can clinch a playoff berth with:

1) BAL win + SD loss or tie

2) BAL win + MIA loss or tie

3) BAL tie + MIA loss + SD loss or tie

4) BAL tie + MIA tie + SD loss

5) MIA loss + SD loss + PIT loss or tie

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS

San Diego can clinch a playoff berth with:

1) SD win + MIA loss or tie + BAL loss or tie

2) SD tie + MIA loss + BAL loss

PITTSBURGH STEELERS

Pittsburgh can clinch a playoff berth with:

1) PIT win + MIA loss + BAL loss + SD loss

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

good info NMPL, thanks for taking the time to post it all.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

If Ravens, Dolphins and Chargers all win, then the Dolphins make it through.

Dolphins are playing the Jets at home.

Ravens are playing Bengals away.

Chargers are playing Kansas City at home.

If all three lose, and the Steelers win against the Browns, then the Steelers make it through.

The sixth seed in the AFC is coming to a crazy end. Any of these four teams could make it through. Steelers have the easiest game though. How crazy would that be if the Steelers end up in the playoffs?

If the Patriots get second seed, they most likely play the Bengals (who will beat any of the contenders for the 6th seed) after the bye week. Broncos most likely play the Colts at home.

The Colts have a realistic chance of beating both the Chiefs and the Broncos in the playoffs on the way to meet the Pats in the AFC championship. Wouldn't that be nice? Home field for the Patriots all the way to the Super Bowl.

Well, one can always dream...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to neinmd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If all three lose, and the Steelers win against the Browns, then the Steelers make it through.

The sixth seed in the AFC is coming to a crazy end. Any of these four teams could make it through. Steelers have the easiest game though. How crazy would that be if the Steelers end up in the playoffs?

If the Patriots get second seed, they most likely play the Bengals (who will beat any of the contenders for the 6th seed) after the bye week. Broncos most likely play the Colts at home.

The Colts have a realistic chance of beating both the Chiefs and the Broncos in the playoffs on the way to meet the Pats in the AFC championship. Wouldn't that be nice? Home field for the Patriots all the way to the Super Bowl.

[/QUOTE]

Not so sure Bengals would want to see division rival Ravens 2 weeks in a row. Not only is it tough game but with Ravens style of punishing football, its best chance of injury...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Count me in as one who would be very happy if we were done with the Ravens for this season...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Ravens were more punished than punishing yesterday. Flacco was horrible. Cincinnati and Dalton looked very strong yesterday. I think Cinci bumps the Ravens out.

Pats won't lose.  I think the supposedly weak AFC East will have two teams in the playoffs...Do any of these talking heads bother to check stats?  AFCE has more combined wins in the Conference than any other Division in the AFC except with the AFCW (tied).  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Blat has head to head wins against both Fins and Chargers - so either loses next week and Ravens win in Cincy, Ravens get 6th spot....I can see that happening.....

[/QUOTE]

All Pittsburgh needs to do is win next week and they are the 6th seed.  Short of that, too many other things need to happen for the Ravens to be in the dance. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Pgh win and Miami/SD/Bal  losses.  They only have an adv over the Jets.  Right now Miami is in the drivers seat.  They only need to win.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to croc's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pgh win and Miami/SD/Bal  losses.  They only have an adv over the Jets

[/QUOTE]

And jets eliminated last week....LOL....Looking slim for Pittsburg

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Miami is likely the 6th seed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

...Baltimore beat Miami so they would get in with Chargers loss if Miami/Bal tied (it's the 3 way wins tie that gets Miami in)...But I think Cinci is handing them their heads again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Count me in as one who would be very happy if we were done with the Ravens for this season...

[/QUOTE]

May I join you? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

May I join you? 

[/QUOTE]

Certainly may...we took care of business yesterday, that's all we had to do. However lets keep the game in perspective relative to the week to week ebb and tide.

Flacco was clearly hurt and not at 100% and the Ravens offensive suffered for it.

Great win but lets remain humble and lets resist the urge to break out in a verse of ding doong the Witch is dead....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

May I join you? 

[/QUOTE]

Certainly may...we took care of business yesterday, that's all we had to do. However lets keep the game in perspective relative to the week to week ebb and tide.

Flacco was clearly hurt and not at 100% and the Ravens offensive suffered for it.

Great win but lets remain humble and lets resist the urge to break out in a verse of ding doong the Witch is dead....

[/QUOTE]

A healthy Flacco certainly would have made for a more difficult task.  The Ravens play tough and they always seem to play the Pats tougher.  Let's simply leave them in the rear view mirror and recognize that the Pats were just the better team yesterday. 

Next up - Buffalo.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

From SI -

If Steelers, Jets, Chargers, Dolphins and Ravens all win.....

In a five-way playoff tie, you first break ties within divisions. The Jets would eliminate Miami by virtue of a better division record (3-3 to 2-4). Pittsburgh eliminates Baltimore by having a better division record (4-2 to 3-3). That narrows it to Pittsburgh, San Diego and the Jets.

We go to conference-games tiebreaker. Pittsburgh would be 6-6. San Diego and the Jets would be 5-7. That’s it. And Pittsburgh would make it … after being 2-6 at the midway point, losing to Minnesota in London and Oakland in the Black Hole, and giving up 55 points to the wounded Patriots. Crazy league.

Seems Steelers have the inside track

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

May I join you? 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A healthy Flacco certainly would have made for a more difficult task.  The Ravens play tough and they always seem to play the Pats tougher.  Let's simply leave them in the rear view mirror and recognize that the Pats were just the better team yesterday. 

Next up - Buffalo.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly, it's like Ali versus Frazier...one fight had no bearing on the next...

I'm a Miami and SD fan this week...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

From SI -

In a five-way playoff tie, you first break ties within divisions. The Jets would eliminate Miami by virtue of a better division record (3-3 to 2-4). Pittsburgh eliminates Baltimore by having a better division record (4-2 to 3-3). That narrows it to Pittsburgh, San Diego and the Jets.

We go to conference-games tiebreaker. Pittsburgh would be 6-6. San Diego and the Jets would be 5-7. That’s it. And Pittsburgh would make it … after being 2-6 at the midway point, losing to Minnesota in London and Oakland in the Black Hole, and giving up 55 points to the wounded Patriots. Crazy league.

My only problem with SI's read on this is that since the Jets play the Dolphins they all can't win so I guess I'm still not as clear as I'd like to be on how it all can play out.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

[QUOTE]

From SI -

[/QUOTE]

The Steelers are a game back and need a miracle

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Kansas City is locked into the #5 slot.  They will almost certainly rest their starters against San Diego, and their coaches might not even plan for San Diego Who.  The big game is two weeks from now. 

So, assuming a San Diego win, the team in control is Miami.  They have to beat the New York Jets in Miami to advance. 

I assume that the Patriots are going to win at home versus Buffalo.  Would you rather beat Buffalo at home and go deeper into the playoffs or would you rather play on wild card weekend?  I have New England by 6.1 points.  They play at 4:25.

What is the possibility of New England losing worth to Cincinnati, playing the early game?  Will Cincy mail it in, giving the Ravens a freebie?  After a bit of thought, no, Cincy would rather grab the #3 slot and face Miami, a pretty lousy team all in all, on wild card weekend than be stuck in the #4 slot against potent Kansas City.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

From SI -

[/QUOTE]

My only problem with SI's read on this is that since the Jets play the Dolphins they all can't win so I guess I'm still not as clear as I'd like to be on how it all can play out.

[/QUOTE]

The premise is these 5 teams all finish 8 - 8..  Miami wins they are 9 - 7.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

doubt it. its gonna go down like this

1. Patriots

2. Donkos

3. Colts

4. Bungles

5. Chiefs

6. Dolphins

Bungles - Patriots

Colts - Donkos

Colts-Patriots

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to neinmd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not so sure Bengals would want to see division rival Ravens 2 weeks in a row. Not only is it tough game but with Ravens style of punishing football, its best chance of injury...

[/QUOTE]

Punishing? Really? I saw nothing punishing yesterday. They can't run the ball to save their lives, and they aren't very good passing it either. The Pats ran it pretty easily yesterday. 

Baltimore has been living on the edge all year, they're finally about to go over it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

If Ravens get the sixth seed and they win in the first round, they'll play the first seed, which is most likely to be Denver.  In that scenario, they face New England only if they win their wildcard game on the road, then defeat Denver in Denver and end up facing New England in the AFC Championship game in Foxboro.  Maybe that happens . . . but it seems pretty unlikely.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

May I join you? 

[/QUOTE]

hope 3's not a crowd...   reminiscent of 45-3...  not wanting to revisit that vibe...  If ever a team that won the superbowl was looking ready to make tee times ... baltimore was it yesterday...   flacco was so flaccid...  no sense of urgency...  D.U.N.   (hopefully...lol)