Pats Should Be Preparing For Rough Game This Sunday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Pats Should Be Preparing For Rough Game This Sunday

Make no mistake, this Sunday's game with the hated Jets will be a blood bath. The Pats should fully expect that Jet defenders will be diving at Tom Brady's knees every chance they get...regardless of what fines and/or penalties might result: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4480639

This new intimidation, take no prisoners, blitz from everywhere mentality of the Jets that Rex Ryan has imposed can be tracked back to his father, Buddy...who, in 1985, perfected this style of play with his Chicago Bears' defense. We all have painful memories of how it turned for for the Pats when they faced that squad. 

Faced with these Green Goblins, right out of  the "Lord of the Rings" lore, the Pats, rather than fight the Goblin's war, must be like Gandolf...wiser, cooler, smarter...and execute to near perfection.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from benBlev. Show benBlev's posts

Re: Pats Should Be Preparing For War This Sunday

I have a feeling Kevin Faulk and the screen pass is what is going to beat this defense

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

The key to this game will be the Pats' ability get pressure on Mark Sanchez, and to vigorously contain RB/KR Leon Washington...on runs, screens/swing passes, and on kickoff returns.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

The Pats aren't really a "Let's get all worked up over this opponent" team.  Our MO is to stay calm and act like professionals.  I think our "cool" philosophy has demonstrated its superiority this decade to the "Let's get hopping mad" Ray Lewis mentality.  The ultra-emotional swaggerlicious stuff works as long as you're winning, but in the face of adversity it breaks down into blind temper tantrums (like the Ravens at the end of our victory in 2007). 

Our stoic professionalism will keep our team focused and strong throughout the season.  The Jets will be emotionally exhausted by November. 

And Brady eats blitzes for breakfast.  Let them blitz 8. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I'm psyched up for this game.  I think it will be a great game.  It will be a good measuring stick for our team; at least where it stands this early in the season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Should Be Preparing For War This Sunday:
    I have a feeling Kevin Faulk and the screen pass is what is going to beat this defense
    Posted by benBlev

Was just thinking the exact same thing. Even if the numbers aren't huge, I think Faulk has a huge impact.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

Wilfork and gang.....need to maintain composure........Jets may be trying to get them all fired up that they start making mistakes......I trust Bill will drive this home though. They just need to dispatch of the Jets in a businesslike manner.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I hope TB singles out Rhodes and Revis by throwing right in their direction all day long. If we learned one thing, TB does not take kindly to these words. He can say talk is cheap or it does not bother him, but he is an ultra competitive player that will take it out on certain players who call the Pats out like he did in 2007 against Clark from the Steelers. 
    As long as the Pats Oline can buy TB a little time and identify the rush, I think TB and the offense will have a productive day. THe question becomes, "Can we stop them on Defense"? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

"Faced with these Green Goblins, right out of  the "Lord of the Rings" lore, the Pats, rather than fight the Goblin's war, must be like Gandolf...wiser, cooler, smarter...and execute to near perfection."

I think you're referring to The Army Of The Dead. 
    The Green Goblin is a Spider-Man character.
    Ok...The Army Of The Dead was green and looked like goblins.
    Go Pats!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

As far as composure. I hope Thomas rips Sanchez legs (above the waist of coarse) out from under him. I hope they have quiet steely resolve. If they come out with mamby pamby cr*p they did against the Bills , I'm turning the TV off!

I really wish Harrison was there to fire them up!!

Geez you can't post cr*p??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

When did the Jets become the 85 Bears?  Somehow a victory over an established underachieving team with a cowardly lion QB has transformed the Jets into the greatest defense of all time.  It's the Jesters, regardless of which fat guy is coaching them.  Have no fear, Pats 24-13.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Contain Washington, develop pass rush. The Jests O Line is comprised of good players from other teams (sorta like the Yankees) and some homegrown talent. They have more experience fending off the Pats blitz than most. BB will use a # of disguised blitzes and other s--t he can dream up to mess with Sanchez' head. I mentioned that Ryan could use the Ol man's 4-6 D, and he might, in keeping with the everything including the kitchen sink philosophy. 1) He doesn't have the personel to do it successfully for 4 quarters 2) Brady will be protected and thus shred any 8 man fronts|blitzes......eventually....even if the Pats lose (even more bloody unlikely) Belichick will crush them, next time, at the Razor when playoff positioning really matters. Time to put a bounty on Sanchez.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Posted by benBlev

Not to sound cliche, but it's going to take more than just Faulk.  It's gotta start with our offensive line protecting Brady; regardless of what the Jets throw at us. It'll be up to Brady to do well with his reads and adjust at the line.  Many have already said that a decent run game, screen passes, play action, and changes at the line of scrimmage accordingly is going to be very important.

Defensively, we don't have Mayo for at least 6 games (or more). Who is going to be the Mike? AT, GG, or someone else?

I hope the Pats get pumped up and show a little emotion on the field. It would be nice to get a win and shut the jets up for a week....lol. Otherwise, if we lose (and we will lose if we play like last week) - we'll be eating crow for a little while.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Should Be Preparing For War This Sunday : Not to sound cliche, but it's going to take more than just Faulk.  It's gotta start with our offensive line protecting Brady; regardless of what the Jets throw at us. It'll be up to Brady to do well with his reads and adjust at the line.  Many have already said that a decent run game, screen passes, play action, and changes at the line of scrimmage accordingly is going to be very important. Defensively, we don't have Mayo for at least 6 games (or more). Who is going to be the Mike? AT, GG, or someone else? I hope the Pats get pumped up and show a little emotion on the field. It would be nice to get a win and shut the jets up for a week....lol. Otherwise, if we lose (and we will lose if we play like last week) - we'll be eating crow for a little while.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

If the Jets beat the Patriots this weekend, which I sincerely hope will not happen, there is still no comparison between the two teams.  Let the Jets brag that they have finally beaten the Patriots after losing eight straight home games to them.  The whole rivalry is still completely lopsided.  How can you compare a team that has not been to the Super Bowl in forty years to the Team of the Decade?  Once the Jets come close to matching the historic achievement of the Patriots, which will never happen, they might have a right to gloat.  Until then, any claims of equality are pathetic.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

if we lose (and we will lose if we play like last week) - we'll be eating crow for a little while.

Quit being such a downer.  If we play like we did last week, we'll win, by definition.  The Jets s uck.  Rex is a tool.  Rhodes will get burned.  Brady won't be touched.  Just enjoy it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Pulling out the lord of the rings stuff for this one ah? the big guns lol making me want to smoke some middle earth weed lol

I am not convinced that the Pats are going to be as fired up as us fans are cause they are pros and they realize this is not the super bowl. But as fans this is going to be one of teh biggest games of the year. We want to watch the f*cking Jets eat their words. I dont think a single Jet takes a shot at the knee, thats just a silly thing to say. First guy who goes near the knee gets fined. Plain and simple. The NFL will not go another year with out Tom Brady. Wont happen.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Folks...I don't sense much confidence here. Tom Brady is not Matt Schaub. BB is not Gary Kubiak. Mark Sanchez is not Ben Roethlisberger or Peyton Manning. He's a promising rookie QB, coming off one good game. But, he's still a rookie. Finally, the NY Jets are not the Pittsburgh Steelers. 

Pats will win Sunday...take it to the bank. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

"Faced with these Green Goblins, right out of  the "Lord of the Rings" lore, the Pats, rather than fight the Goblin's war, must be like Gandolf...wiser, cooler, smarter...and execute to near perfection."

I think you're referring to The Army Of The Dead.  The Green Goblin is a Spider-Man character. Ok...The Army Of The Dead was green and looked like goblins. Go Pats!!

Actually, the "Army of the Dead" were the hillmen who refused to fight for Gondor 3000 years earlier. When they were summoned by Aragorn they helped destroy the enemy ships at Pelargir thus fulfilling their old oath, so they could then rest in peace. The army of the "Goblins" was the Orcs of Mordor, who alongside the trolls fought against Gondor and their allies at the Black Gates. But in this case it's Belichick who is "Gandalf", and the game will be won like Aragorn cutting through the black horde (Orcs and Trolls) without so much as a scratch. In this analogy Aragorn would be Tom Brady. The rightful King (for so long unrecognized) will lead his army (team) to victory though all the "seers" (morons in the media) may doubt it possible! Fear not! Tom may have been a bit tentative at the beginning of the Bills game, but we saw what happened in the 4th quarter. Old Rex (the biggest, dumbest troll of them all) will be eating his words come Sunday!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Re: Pats Should Be Preparing For Rough Game This Sunday

Win, lose or draw, the game is not as meaningful as many people are making it out to be.  Bragging rights are nice, and all division games are important, but ultimately games don't mean that much during week 2.  I'd rather see New England play pretty good early in the yr but get better as the season progresses like in some of the Super Bowl winning yrs.  I really think the Pats peaked too early in 2007.  They smoked everyone in their path the first 10 - 12 games but weren't as dominant down the stretch.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

It's going to be a very physical game, low scoring too I think. Much like the Baltimore game. I'm actually very nervous about that defense they got...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Never have I seen the 2nd game of the regular season hyped so much.  If the Jets win?  So what, doesit clinch anything?  If the Jets lose?  What was all the hype about, still 14 more to go.  I don't mind Ryan trying to set the bar for his team, but all this trash talk b.s. and war of words doesn't mean a thing.  I think the Pats will bring a little extra, but they know it's only 1 game out of 16.  These Jets yahoos better win for all the talking that's going on.   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

The line dropped from Pats -5 1/2 to -3 1/2. It takes a lot of money in Vegas to move a line 2 points.The talking heads are really suckering people in with their predictions of a Jet's win.There's going to be a lot of broke NY'ers Sunday night.Every week there's one game that,against all logic,the "experts" predict a chump team will beat a good team that may have stumbled a bit the week before.They show a few good plays from the chumps,say a few good things about some players, and somehow convince most of America to believe them.The only reason many talking heads are picking the Jets is to raise the ratings.They want borderline fans to think this game is one for the ages,when in reality it's just another beatdown for an organisation with a tradition of losing.
    Do you people REALLY think a rookie in his 2nd NFL game is ever  going to beat a HOF living legend? A rookie HC defeat HOF'r coach BB?Anything can happen,but the most probable outcome is the usual Meadowlands smackdown.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jaxxon. Show Jaxxon's posts

A Message For All You Patriots Pink Shirt Fans And NY Jets Loser Fans....

Do you idiots have any idea how many "game of the season" the Patriots have played in the last 5-6 years?  EVERY game they play is the "statement game" for the team they are playing.  They always get the opponents best effort, best scheme, and best punch. 

And, you know what?

About 80% of the time they come out with a win.

God....you people are so limp.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonJetsLeon. Show leonJetsLeon's posts

Siesta-That's it prepare yourself for the loss!It's a 16 game season...every game counts!

You must be new here!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeepguy2358. Show jeepguy2358's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Should Be Preparing For Rough Game This Sunday:
    Siesta-That's it prepare yourself for the loss!It's a 16 game season...every game counts! You must be new here!
    Posted by leonJetsLeon

Not directly pointing to Siesta, but everyone who is saying "this is only the second game of the season" - remember last year?  Every game matters - especially division games.

Sections
Shortcuts