Pats Should Be Preparing For Rough Game This Sunday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Pats Should Be Preparing For Rough Game This Sunday

In Response to Re: Pats Should Be Preparing For Rough Game This Sunday:
    Siesta-That's it prepare yourself for the loss!It's a 16 game season...every game counts! You must be new here!
    Posted by leonJetsLeon

Peon.
    Apparently the last game of 08 didn't mean much to the Jest.  Didn't they intentionally throw it after they found out the Pats won?  C' mon, admit it!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from _008_. Show _008_'s posts

Whether the Jets blitz like crazy or not, the pats are gonna score.  Tom Brady had THREE mediocre quarters and ended up with 378 yards.  There are just too many offensive weapons on the team.  But we MUST establish a better running game early. 

The big question is whether the defense can get off the field.  I think we see more 4-3 to take away the run and try to get the rookie QB to beat us through the air. 

I think Chris Baker, Joey Galloway will have a big game and Bodden comes up big in the secondary.  Go pats!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dboss. Show dboss's posts

I watched a reply of Pats Bills on NFL network.  It was a good tune up for the Jets because Brady and company spent a lot of time working that short passing game which thwarted the pass rush once they got the timing down.

An attacking defense can  sometimes miss a play that is developing because of being overly agreesive.  Brady is a master at reading the defense  and will not be rattled.

On defense if the Pats shut down the running game they win!  If Sanchez throws one or two INT's, they win! 

The jets will have to play a near perfect game to win but as we saw against the Bills, the Pats can play a very below average game and still put of 25 pts/

I am not predicting who wins this game but I would not bet  against NE.

Brady & Co will play significantly better than they did Monday night.  The safeties will need to help in run support and why not design some blitz packages for Mr Sanchez.

I love the tight lipped approach of the Pats.  Let the jetskis do all the talking

Look for NE to either go vertical early or establish a short game to force the Jets to gamble on beng beat down the field.

dboss

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LadyBradyFan. Show LadyBradyFan's posts

I hope Ryan and his mouth get fined.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stanwell. Show Stanwell's posts

I agree. Aragorn definitely let his actions do the talking :-P

Honestly, I'm happy to be in 'maybe we can win one more game' mode, as in the runup to the 2001 superbowl. Those 2007 expectations were inhuman.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ush. Show ush's posts

Thanks to Texas Pat for talking some sense into this board. The Jets look great against the Longhorns JV team and we struggle against what I think is an underated Bills team in Brady's first game back and without our star defensive player...so everybody is scared? Please. Add in the fact that the Jets should've just kept their mouths shut all week and this adds up to rollicking good time for Pats fans at the end of the day.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

No huddle offense keep them on the field tire their a**es out early!!!  Jenkins will need oxygen after we score the first TD!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Has anyone heard of these people:

Mike DeVito
    Marques Douglas
    Bryan Thomas
    David Harris
    Jim Leonard

How about these:

Aaron Schobel
    Marcus Stroud
    Kawika Mitchell
    Chris Kelsay
    Terrence McGee

We sliced through the second bunch like butter on Monday night, and people are worried about the first group?  Adding Chris Jenkins, Bart "Temper Tantrum" Scott or ... gasp ... Vernon Gholston to the first group isn't a whole lot.  Save the best offensive plays for week 4 against the Ravens, Bill. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

It's nice to know there are no homers on this board.  I was thinking myself last week that we faced a team that could be the 2nd best team in the AFC.  The Jets beat the lowly Texans who shouldn't be in the NFL.  Anyone even the least bit nervous about this game must be crazy.  :^)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Has anyone heard of these people: Mike DeVito Marques Douglas Bryan Thomas David Harris Jim Leonard How about these: Aaron Schobel Marcus Stroud Kawika Mitchell Chris Kelsay Terrence McGee We sliced through the second bunch like butter on Monday night, and people are worried about the first group?  Adding Chris Jenkins, Bart "Temper Tantrum" Scott or ... gasp ... Vernon Gholston to the first group isn't a whole lot.  Save the best offensive plays for week 4 against the Ravens, Bill. 
    Posted by themightypatriotz

Did you just pick the worst Jets players and the best Bills players?  Somehow you left off their secondary.  Revis is one of the top CB's in the NFL and Lito Sheppard was a pro bowler.

Always respect your opponent.  You gain nothing but a beating telling yourself how inept they are.  Give the Jets their dues.  We're better, and we will show it.  However, in the same manner some are over hyping them, some are equally under hyping them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Should Be Preparing For Rough Game This Sunday : Did you just pick the worst Jets players and the best Bills players?  Somehow you left off their secondary.  Revis is one of the top CB's in the NFL and Lito Sheppard was a pro bowler. Always respect your opponent.  You gain nothing but a beating telling yourself how inept they are.  Give the Jets their dues.  We're better, and we will show it.  However, in the same manner some are over hyping them, some are equally under hyping them.
    Posted by carawaydj

Yeah Mighty I agree with Caraway. You can't leave out Jenkins,Scott,Revis and Lito. Also David Harris is pretty good.(Not to mention Calvin pace) They look like a top half defense for sure. I do think the Bills are a little underated this year and I think there offense will be better then the Jets but at the same time jets D looks pretty good. With all of that said I think our offense will give them a rude awakening!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

I'm just glad it's at 1:00

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Titling a post "The Pats are in for a rough game" is silly. Of course they are in for a rough game, and so are the Jets. Anyone who is confused about that isn't paying attention. I have seen many pundits picking the Jets on this game, and they may end up being right, but I think they were reading too much into the first game for each time. We don't know if the Texans are any good. They might...uhhh....be terrible. But equally foolish is the "this game isn't a big deal" mantra. This game is a big gut check for both teams. As we learned last year, claiming an AFC wild card berth ain't easy. You gotta aim for the divisional crown which means, beat down your divisional opponents. Go Pats!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I'm sure the Patriots are well prepared for a war.  They don't need us to remind them that this is going to be a hard fought battle.  I'm curious how Sanchez will look going into his first heated rival big game.  Go Pat's!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WarriorAssassin. Show WarriorAssassin's posts

I thought most games are rough. Look at the games versus the Bills and ask Mayo how he feels about the game. It's any given Sunday and some Monday nights.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

They've got one good player in their front 7:  Jenkins.  Bart Scott is nobody without the rest of the Baltimore Ravens defense to make him look good.  A good secondary?  And Terrence McGee and Leodis McKelvin weren't a good secondary last week?  Asomugha is better than all of them.  How'd he do against Randy Moss last year? 

It takes an elite front 7 to beat Brady.  The Giants had one.  The Bills, with Schobel, Kelsay, Stroud and Mitchell, had a much better front 7 than the Jets.  Calvin Pace ain't playing, and even if he does, he stinks. 

Down, down, down, Jets are goin down.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

There are some Pats fans who are taking the brash talk from Ryan and Rhodes as something to worry about.  It is a game and both teams will be prepared and are confidence they will win this game.  I think what also worries some fans, the play of the Pats from last week and wondering if any of it carries over to this game.  What we do know, if history is our guide, the Patriots always seem to rise up and play big in games getting this much hype, games in which there are many in the media who pick them to lose.  Either way, it is just the SECOND game of the season!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

• In Response to Re: Pats Should Be Preparing For Rough Game This Sunday:
      In Response to Re: Pats Should Be Preparing For Rough Game This Sunday : Did you just pick the worst Jets players and the best Bills players?  Somehow you left off their secondary.  Revis is one of the top CB's in the NFL and Lito Sheppard was a pro bowler. Always respect your opponent.  You gain nothing but a beating telling yourself how inept they are.  Give the Jets their dues.  We're better, and we will show it.  However, in the same manner some are over hyping them, some are equally under hyping them.
      Posted by carawaydj
    • Sorry mate,I usually like your posts but the Jet's secondary is horrible.They were ranked 29th in passing defense last year.Noone outside of the AFC East even knows who Revis is.Averaging 1/2 sack and 4 INTs a year isn't all that great,not bad,but not great.As for Rhodes,LOL, 2.25 sacks and 3 INT a year average for 4 years isn't something to tweet about.Lito Shepard WAS a pro-bowler but produced 1 INT and 0 sacks last year before Phily dumped him.Meriweather in his first season starting last year had 4 INT's and 2 sacks.
    • They don't stand a chance against Moss,Welker,Galloway,Watson, ect.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Should Be Preparing For Rough Game This Sunday : Sorry mate,I usually like your posts but the Jet's secondary is horrible.They were ranked 29th in passing defense last year.Noone outside of the AFC East even knows who Revis is.Averaging 1/2 sack and 4 INTs a year isn't all that great,not bad,but not great.As for Rhodes,LOL, 2.25 sacks and 3 INT a year average for 4 years isn't something to tweet about.Lito Shepard WAS a pro-bowler but produced 1 INT and 0 sacks last year before Phily dumped him.Meriweather in his first season starting last year had 4 INT's and 2 sacks. They don't stand a chance against Moss,Welker,Galloway,Watson, ect.
    Posted by cowtherabbit-

OK, I'll give you that Lito Sheppard is a big if.  Revis however, is known beyond the AFC East.  You will have no problem finding national sports writers (for what it's worth) listing him among the elite CB's in the NFL.  His stats are not stellar because few teams throw at him anymore.  It's hard to defend a pass or make an interception when the ball does not come your way.  Considering the offseason pickups by the Jets, and their new scheme, I don't know if much or anything about 2008 applies to them.

All that said, I expect the Pats to win.  We have too many weapons.  The only way they have a chance is if they can generate pressure without blitzing.  We are in for a good game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Revis is a great CB, so is Jenkins at Nose.

I haven't seen anything from Bart Scott to tell me he is elite. He is above avg, and the Jets overpaid to get one of Ryan's 'guys' into his system. Pace is average. Sheppard is average.

All told NE has more talent on defense than NJ though. I would take Fork, Warren, Green, Burgess, Thomas as a five man front over Jenkins, Pace, Ellis, etc.

All told, they are pretty evenly matched defenses. Too bad their offense is a shell compared to NE's offense, which is the huge difference maker.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mr310. Show Mr310's posts

Ummmm........Why are you people talking about Lord of the Rings and Spiderman???  I came to read some football posts to get myself fired up for tomorrow morning.  Instead, I'm reading posts debating Brady being more like Gandolf the wizard or a green goblin??  Guys, pull it together.  You're better than that, at least I hope you are.  Put the costumes away long enough to talk a little football.....

The Pats DO NOT lose in NY.  Ever.  They are not intimidated by Jet fans i.e. grown men who sit on other men's shoulders.  The fact that the Jets are actually talking smack is mind blowing.  What is the streak, 8 years in a row?  Rookie QB?  BB & TB are being personally provoked?  Line dropped all the way to 3.5???

All signs point to a convincing win followed by the media jumping right back on the Pats bandwagon.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rimfire. Show Rimfire's posts

All this talk about past history and the "law of averages" appears to be over looking some fairly well established history IMO.  Ever since BB and TB have been with the Pats, whenever they have a bad game (either a loss or a narrow win when they were expected to dominate) they have tended to come back the next game with an intense effort.  I agree that they didn't play as well as we had hoped they would have during the first three quarters last week, but I also agree with those who say the Bills may well be a better team than most people think.  And I do think the Pats will come out very focused this week and play up to their abilities.  I don't think the efforts of these two teams in their first week games are necessarily an indication of what we will see this week.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ltpm3. Show ltpm3's posts

Seems like the Jets have done little more than concentrate on "embarrassing the Patriots". Even Ryan has had Belichek and his rings on his mind so far this year!  You will be playing several other teams Ryan, you better spread the hate out, they will be coming after you!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

no question this will be a tough, up and down game. i think that overall these 2 teams arent that far apart in talent, other than at QB and WR, and of course coaching. so in the end it should come down to Brady vs Dirty Sanchez and Bill vs. Ryan the Hut. if i was a jests fan i wouldn't be feeling too good about that. luckily, i'm a pats fan so i'm feeling pretty good. just remember what bill did to a young payton manning and ben rothlisberger and pretty much every other coach in the league. dirty sanchez will be on the phone with carroll by halftime begging to come home to usc to get his diapers changed.

Sections
Shortcuts