Pats should have traded for Kerry Rhodes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wingman23. Show Wingman23's posts

Pats should have traded for Kerry Rhodes

Kerry Rhodes was just traded to the Cardinals for only a 4th and 7th round pick!!!!!  That is crazy!  Rhodes is one of the best safety's in the league, but didnt like the way he was being used in the new Jets defensive scheme.  Why didnt the Patriots call up the Jets and offer them Adalius Thomas and a 4th round pick for Rhodes.  Would have been perfect.  Rhodes is better than any safety the Patriots have, and they could have gotten rid of Thomas. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Re: Pats should have traded for Kerry Rhodes

we have great safeties on the team.we need corners.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

why?? we're loaded at the safety position

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wingman23. Show Wingman23's posts

umm our safeties are ok, not "great".  Merriweather had a great first 6 or 7 games last year but then fell off big time in the 2nd of of the season, making big mistakes, and James Sanders lost his job to McGowan, who played well for a couple of games to start the season but he started playing poorly in the 2nd half of the season, then James Sanders was brought back for the final few games after not even playing in several straight games(and he wasn't hurt). 

Kerry Rhodes is one of the top Safeties in the league why wouldn't you want him on the Patriots if all it costs you is a 4th and 7th round pick!!!??? Then one of our safeties. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

rhodes isn't as physical as mcgowan or as instinctive as sanders and his upside isn't as great as merriweather or chung... if he's so good how come he got benched for lack of production??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jazzpelli. Show jazzpelli's posts

It would of cost the Pats even more than a 4th and 7th provided the Jets would even trade him to the Pats.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Rhodes has not been traded. In today's NY Daily News, it is expected that unless something monumental is offered, the Jets will be keeping him. His play after his benching showed that he is still one of the top defensive backs in the league.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

absolutely not ...

1. No need for the position, doesn't represent an upgrade just a detriment to the development of Chung

2. No way Jets trade w/in division w/o making it incredibly painful

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Im sorry , but your nothing short of a moron if you think the PATS have great S's , LOL! Are you kidding me? I hate to be that guy , but you know nothing about football if you think we have great S's , their not even close to being great. WOW , I really cant believe you guys actually think that. Please tell me why...PLEASE , because I really must be missing something. Meriweather made some athletic plays...THATS IT! He was terrible at diagnosing and reading plays and even worse at tackling and wrapping up. Saying he was anything more than a decent player would be foolish at best and hes had plenty of time to become an impact player and failed to become one. Hes much closer to a bust than an impact player , the mere fact that were having this conversation is proof. Im sorry , but if your a good/great player then theres no debate. Its not like people are saying hes a good player , not a great one. No , everyone I know , even the people in his corner admit hes been a huge disappointment. The guy was a freakin first round pick for goodness gracious steps and paces sake. Hes an athletic player who at times makes athletic plays , calling him anything more than...well that and your just showing your lack of F.B.I. , football intelligence. McGowan was OK , I actually like Sanders the best at this point. I think hes a "good" player. McGowan was good the first half , but did fade in the second half and looked slow and sometimes lost. 81pats12...Meriweathers upside? You serious? Sorry but if you know your stuff than after THREE YEARS you can tell what kind of player you have and Meriweather is what he is and thats not that good. Listen I really liked him coming into the year and was hoping for a big year , a couple int's doesnt mean anything. Terrible tackling , when he did get there he was terrible at wrapping up , and the angles he took were putrid. Id take Rhodes over him anyday. Im not sure how much football and how much PATS football you watch , but theres a reason the PATS didnt go after Rhodes and it had nothing to do w/ why he was benched. I bet you have no idea either!  For years the PATS have used both of their S's interchangeably and Rhodes is primarily a FS. LOL , LMFAO , I cant believe you guys said we have "great" S's!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

LOL...no hes gone Jesseyeric.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

this is exactly the stupidity im talking about. lets trade for Kerry Rhodes!!

oh yea because Meriweather, Sanders, McGowan, and Chung are not enough.  and we have so many holes to fill

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I think Meriweather will be a better FS than Kerry Rhodes in a couple of years. And Chung, did you see the way Pat shot the gaps last year? The guy is going to be special. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

the Pats need WR's first!  Then TE, and maybe RB before a safety.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

They don't need a S, particularly not Rhodes. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

The Patriots and Jets always trade players back and forth..............they have always been very nice to each other and always do business............

Sections
Shortcuts