Pats should make a trade for Vincent Jackson.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: Pats should make a trade for Vincent Jackson.

I would not trade for a WR until Gronk's ability to free up WRs currently in the roster is determined on the field

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

The Pats aren't going anywhere with this group of WR's, as the season wears on the Pats are going to need too score points.  Vincent Jackson makes a ton of sense as a legit deep threat WR.  Tampa would make a deal for a low draft pick.

They would???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

And Jackson would pick up the system instantly, right? Like Ocho, Galloway and Torry Holt, right?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

He blows...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

The Pats aren't going anywhere with this group of WR's, as the season wears on the Pats are going to need too score points.  Vincent Jackson makes a ton of sense as a legit deep threat WR.  Tampa would make a deal for a low draft pick.

The WR's are not great yet, but they ARE talented. Your offense is not gonna look good when you have NO Tigh end on the field. look around and see all the teams having success with their tight end. S.F with Vernon Davis. Peyton with Julius...Luck with Fleener,. Rivers with Gates... Romo and Witten, Geno Smith and Winslow(wasnt he done with a knee), I mean I could go on and on. Weve played 5 week with NO tight end which affects the rest of the field. It took till week 5 to lose because of it due to us playing weak defenses.

They will look better when Gronk gets back but how long is Gronk back. There in lies the bad planning. We thought we had a lot of options at TE but now.,,,,not so much. MY biggest fear is Gronk returning only to be hurt again and we have NO backup plan? Forget Vince Wilfork, try playing a whole season with Hooman as your starter. Too bad Sudfeld didnt live up to his preseason hall of fame status.

So in short...We dont need V.J. We need a tight end. Wow...wasnt Dallas Clark in here...smh

BB you got some 'splaining to do

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

He blows...

Ummm, yea thats about right on with the rest of your football analysis. VIncent Jackson Blows.....that was insightful and Sudfeld has the best the hands on the team?? I mean Had....lol

Sorry Wozzy, I couldnt resist. I dont want the pats trading for him but if you really believe that, you really are an uninformed homer. I hope you were joking.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Newsflash.  V. Jackson is one of the more physically talented WRs in the league.  There is no way Tampa would let him go for a low pick.  He would probably cost at least a 2nd, and at that price I wouldn't do it.  If he didn't have DUI history, maybe, but you can't give up a chip like that for a guy with plenty of baggage.  I feel the same way about Cleveland's Josh Gordon.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Vincent Jackson is a one trick pony, a gimmick player, he is a tall tight end who runs fly routes and that is all.  In 9 seasons he has 45 TD's most of which came in the sunny confines of San Diego where all he had to do was run downfield and play jump ball, Brady threw more than that in one season, Jackson only had four 1K seasons.  Not only would he not make it in our system like so many tall receivers haven't in the past but he is now football "old" and even when he was in his prime could easily be neutralized.

And Triple you keep bringing up Sudfeld's hands because in passing I said he might have the best hands on the team, guess what genius, the fastest Patriot of all time was likely Bethel Johnson, it doesn't make him the best Wide Receiver we've ever had now does it?  Time to remove head from azz.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeFoyFan. Show JoeFoyFan's posts

If I recall correctly, BB was smitten with V Jackson and tried to deal for the receiver when he was with the San Diego Chargers. At that time (2009 or 2010?), there were lots of rumors of Jackson coming to Pats. I think the cost was second and third round choices. I would think the cost would be much cheaper now. Anyone else recall this situation?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Vincent Jackson is a one trick pony, a gimmick player, he is a tall tight end who runs fly routes and that is all.  In 9 seasons he has 45 TD's most of which came in the sunny confines of San Diego where all he had to do was run downfield and play jump ball, Brady threw more than that in one season, Jackson only had four 1K seasons.  Not only would he not make it in our system like so many tall receivers haven't in the past but he is now football "old" and even when he was in his prime could easily be neutralized.

And Triple you keep bringing up Sudfeld's hands because in passing I said he might have the best hands on the team, guess what genius, the fastest Patriot of all time was likely Bethel Johnson, it doesn't make him the best Wide Receiver we've ever had now does it?  Time to remove head from azz.

What? You made the comment and now I got my head up my azz? Ok,. just find some others who agree outside of rusty. I know I can find a quite a few who agree you are a homer. YOu got giddy in preseason and made comments like Sudfeld is gonna be better than hernandez. the guy was released in 4 weeks after not making a single catch. We have struggling WRs and somone posted to trade for V.J. I dont think we should, but to say he blows when just weeks ago you said Sudfeld was great...Ummmm,  YOU need to remove YOUR head out ur azz. I call it straight. I like you as a poster, but you are a homer dude. Admit it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to JoeFoyFan's comment:

If I recall correctly, BB was smitten with V Jackson and tried to deal for the receiver when he was with the San Diego Chargers. At that time (2009 or 2010?), there were lots of rumors of Jackson coming to Pats. I think the cost was second and third round choices. I would think the cost would be much cheaper now. Anyone else recall this situation?

Nope, Wozzy sais he blows...so thats that. BB must be crazy to want that kid in here....lol

Give me all the 9 routes, 7 routes, etc. Moss was the same. How did that work out? 23 TDs...lol

Whats wrong with a one trick when its getting deep for TDs!???  Wow...Fans here are losing brain cells fast....

I think im gonna call it a day. I can tell I wont be welcome here today with all  my context and facts and common sense. This is a place for Dreamers.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

What? You made the comment and now I got my head up my azz? Ok,. just find some others who agree outside of rusty. I know I can find a quite a few who agree you are a homer. YOu got giddy in preseason and made comments like Sudfeld is gonna be better than hernandez. the guy was released in 4 weeks after not making a single catch. We have struggling WRs and somone posted to trade for V.J. I dont think we should, but to say he blows when just weeks ago you said Sudfeld was great...Ummmm,  YOU need to remove YOUR head our ur azz. I call it straight. I like you as a poster, but you are a homer dude. Admit it.

I have Rusty on ignore so I don't know or care what he thinks, moreover you're trying to associate me with the most reviled poster on this site to empower yourself and weaken my stance, fine work.

The "others" you'll find who will call me a homer are all depressed head cases who will likely have slit their wrists after one more loss and even when we're winning they're waiting for the other shoe to drop.  I'm sure at the psychiatrists office you can find a lot of depressed people who would call me optimistic, more fine work.

On another thread I very clearly state that Joe Vellano isn't a starting caliber defensive tackle, I've been pretty consistent that way, see it's that kind of pragmatic analysis that differs from your "everybody sux until they don't" analysis.

I don't know what "homer" means, I won't sit here at 4-1 and whine that we don't have Jerry Rice waiting on our practice squad or wish for trades that wouldn't likely help us, it isn't realistic and unlike you I have to assume that some of these young players are going to get better because history has shown us they can.  I can't recall but I bet a few years back you were clamoring to get Chad Johnson on the team, how'd that work out?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

while we are at it , lets trade for Julio Jones! Come on man, what makes you think teams want to "give" their best players to the Pats?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Didn't Sudfeld muff that onside kick?  Yeah, great hands.

As for Jackson, his TDs vs. the current Pats roster's TDs.  I'll take Jackson over guys no one wants because they're not good NFL players.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Report: Pats, Chargers talking Vincent Jackson trade Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on October 7, 2010, 9:12 PM EDT

So with receiver Randy Moss shipped from New England to Minnesota, the Patriots could use a receiver.

And amid reports that the Pats could be pulling a Randy Moss with Deion Branch, whom they traded away in 2006 and could re-acquire from the Seahawks, Tom Curran of CSNNE.com reports that the Patriots have “looked into the possibility” of trading for Chargers receiver Vincent Jackson.

Per Curran, preliminary discussions have involved the possibility of Jackson, an unsigned restricted free agent, being swapped for holdout guard Logan Mankins, another unsigned restricted free agent.

The asking price, according to Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune (via Curran) is a second-round pick and a third-round pick for an NFC team, and a first-round pick and a second-round pick for an AFC team. 

Curiously, any team could have signed Jackson to an offer sheet in March and April, giving up only a first-round pick and a

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Dude.......I didn't say BB was "smitten"

I posted article just to show that they only had expressed interest...like any other team.

Rusty stop overreacting to everybody's post.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Someone needs to be brought in.  The Austin Collie signing is a head scratcher. His health is in serious danger, I can not believe the Patriots would even take a chance with this guy.  Makes me wonder if it's due to Danny A not what we thought he was.  I was excited about Dobson, they say he never dropped a pass in college last season.  He must have left his hands at marshall, he has been bad.  And someone please work with Thompkins.  I don't think I have ever seen so many bobbles or double catches in my life.

Back in '82, I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile.

How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" It's why Ocho took a 50% paycut to come here. It was budget-friendly AND compensation-friendly."

And yet it was still a terrible terrible signing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Collie said that his health is on him. Obviously he wants to play and has ability.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

don't need to clarify my point.....the article was perfectly clear. Just don't jump the gun that you are being attacked. You know who the trolls are....go after them.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

" It's why Ocho took a 50% paycut to come here. It was budget-friendly AND compensation-friendly."

And yet it was still a terrible terrible signing.

Yep.  It was friendly to everything except the win column.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Jackson has salaries of $10 mil and cap hits of $12 mil each of the next three years, period, end of thread.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Wozzy acts so Rusty-like when challenged. If you are going to make ridiculous predictions be a man and stand by them. Still waiting for AJ Francis to play like a stud, wozzy. Or even play for that matter lol

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

PhatRex/PhatVirgin/Bustchise/whodeawhodat/Fletcherbrook/DontQuestionBB/fatsam/BungaloBill and a host of others are all the same lame Jets Troll...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hows the dynamic duo at QB for those Jtes, Mark "who hid my scrunchie" Sanchez and Geno  "I look like Donatello" Smith?