Pats Should Not Rush Welker Back

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Pats Should Not Rush Welker Back

Who really knows the severity of Wes Welker's knee injury...save Welker and his doctors. But, under no  circumstances should the Pats rush him back. He is, next to Tom Brady, the most important offensive player on the team. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DYBLITZ. Show DYBLITZ's posts

Re: Pats Should Not Rush Welker Back

In Response to Pats Should Not Rush Welker Back:
    [QUOTE]     Who really knows the severity of Wes Welker's knee injury...save Welker and his doctors. But, under no  circumstances should the Pats rush him back. He is, next to Tom Brady, the most important offensive player on the team. 
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

I agree!!!  Julian Edelman did a good job last week replacing him and will only get better.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Agreed. I think they are desperate to get everyone on the same page.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wreford1. Show Wreford1's posts

Welker and Edelmann should share snaps on Sunday. Any thoughts?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DYBLITZ. Show DYBLITZ's posts

Heck!!  I'm waiting to see the 4 wide formation of Moss-Galloway-Welker-Edelman!!!  Tell me that wouldn't be hard to cover....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

It's not severe if Belichick lets him play. I'm positive that Belichick wanted to play Welker on sunday but he didn't want to aggrivate Welker's injury. If he plays him, Welker's fine. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Should Not Rush Welker Back:
    [QUOTE]Heck!!  I'm waiting to see the 4 wide formation of Moss-Galloway-Welker-Edelman!!!  Tell me that wouldn't be hard to cover....
    Posted by DYBLITZ[/QUOTE]

I only count 3 WR's in your 4-wide formation :^)  I know Galloway needs more time before we can definitely say he is washed up, but what does it say when a rookie QB converting to a new position can come in an show up a good vet?  Is Edelman that special or is Galloway just not into this anymore?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wreford1. Show Wreford1's posts

I think Galloway is done. I would like to see what Terrance Nunn could do given the opportunity.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]It's not severe if Belichick lets him play. I'm positive that Belichick wanted to play Welker on sunday but he didn't want to aggrivate Welker's injury. If he plays him, Welker's fine. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

On the one hand, BB sends signals that he's very cautious with injuries, and on the other hands you hear what Hobbs has had to play through, and dancing Maroney had to play through, and you wonder about that.  I think it is fair to say that the most critical players get protected a little more this early in the season though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I think Galloway is done. I would like to see what Terrance Nunn could do given the opportunity.
    Posted by Wreford1[/QUOTE]

I agree. Besides, why waste time teaching the system, and having the guy develop a working relationship with Brady...when Galloway is a one and done rent-a-player?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I agree we cant afford to lose Welker got ot keep him healthy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats Should Not Rush Welker Back :     ...when Galloway is a one and done rent-a-player?
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

So, supposedly, was Randy Moss.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DYBLITZ. Show DYBLITZ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats Should Not Rush Welker Back : I only count 3 WR's in your 4-wide formation :^)  I know Galloway needs more time before we can definitely say he is washed up, but what does it say when a rookie QB converting to a new position can come in an show up a good vet?  Is Edelman that special or is Galloway just not into this anymore?
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

Oops....  you're right. But I do think Edelman has the makings of being a Welker type player. All he needs is the reps.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Pretty sure BB's philosophy is you don't game plan to prevent injuries.  Players are just hardware.  When they wear out, you toss them aside.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LovelyLeon. Show LovelyLeon's posts

Is it a prerequisite to be  5 foot nothing to play reciever for the pats.

Hey there's always next year for the pats.

How are ya!?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

Nunn didnt get drafted and couldnt break this roster. Why do people think this guy is the answer? He doesnt have much speed and his hands are just ok. He is another slot guy. So who does he take time from Welker? Edleman? I doubt either

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]Is it a prerequisite to be  5 foot nothing to play reciever for the pats. Hey there's always next year for the pats. How are ya!?
    Posted by LovelyLeon[/QUOTE]

How are you doing today Leon?  Still waiting for that one serious post.  I know you'll write one before I die.  See you're point on our short receivers.  Who the heck would want Welker on their team?  Maybe we should just cut Welker and Edelman.  Wait, we can't do that because they'll just end up on the Jets roster the next day, and be captains for our next meeting.  I'll guess we'll just have to keep them.  How many former Pats are on your roster now?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I have to go with the Pats on this one, they have the medical staff and if they think he's cleared to play, then he must be fine.  Hey, it's football, guys have to play injured.  Something the Jets will find out soon enough, and then let's see how good that D and team really is.