Pats should part with Wilfork.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

Re: Pats should part with Wilfork.

Big Vince will re-structure, especially since he was not playing well to begin with before his achiles injury.  An achilles injury would affect a WR or DB MUCH, MUCH more than a player such as Vince.  He is a run-stuffing NT who does not rely as much on speed and explosion.  With that said, he does probably have to lose some weight in order to relieve stress from his repaired Tendon.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

In response to Footballexpert45's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

I'd rather them rework his deal, I don't want to see this guy end up on the jets or Miami under a cheap contract and then hold our average running backs to 2 yards a carry, because that's what will happen if he's healthy. He will destroy guys like Connoly, Wendell and Mankins...you can bet on that...and never mind if he falls on Brady.

But man 7.5 million in cap space is a big amount, but lets say you could have both Vince and a younger talent for 7.5 million...wouldn't that be better, because if you can get him to restructure that is what you may have. If you cut him and sign someone (and they don't work out), it wasn't worth it.

I think they like Vince a lot, if not they'd cut him in a second, but Vince means something to the locker room.

I see too many holes on this defense, the Pats need Talib and another cover corner.  Safety is and issues and I still don't see a pass rush.

I'm not even talking about the WR position.  Quality players won't come cheap, and the Pats did get to the AFC championship without Vince.

With Aaron Hernandez counting over 7 mill agains the cap next season, the Pats can ill afford putting too much money in one player on the downside of his career.

I'm not so convinced they need another WR. I believe Dobson, Boyce, and Thompkins are going to get better with a full offseason of pro training and regiment.  The Pats will keep Edelman and DA should have his groin back by next year, although hearing that he's declined surgery for rest worries me little. He should go see Adrian Petersons doctors. He's had several major injuries and always seems to get the correct treatment for a quick, full recovery. 

As as far as Vince goes, he's the Pats version of Big Papi. He a leader in the clubhouse and in the community. Like Papi, his charity work is something he's taken upon himself to raise the bar for athletes to model themselves after. It's in this light that I believe VW and NE will work something out for him to finish his career in NE. Not to mention, when he's healthy he eats opposing OL alive. Sometimes two at a time. Besides, do you really want to see Vince play one or two more years in another jersey over money?  Seeing McGinnest(CLE) was just a damn shame. Should have never been allowed. I could make the same argument for Seymour. Go Pats. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

In response to theshinez's comment:

Big Vince will re-structure, especially since he was not playing well to begin with before his achiles injury.  An achilles injury would affect a WR or DB MUCH, MUCH more than a player such as Vince.  He is a run-stuffing NT who does not rely as much on speed and explosion.  With that said, he does probably have to lose some weight in order to relieve stress from his repaired Tendon.

I couldn't disagree with you more. Getting off the line to stuff two OL is ALL ABOUT speed and explosion. Line up on a three point stance agiants a wall and then lunge forward and push. Youre telling me he's not putting strain on his tendon?  Sorry Shinez I'm not seeing it. 

Sections
Shortcuts