Pats Should Say NO to Tebow

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

Re: Pats Should Say NO to Tebow

I agree with all your points Tex, the only way I could see Tebow being worth a shot would be no higher than a 3rd rd pick, mostly because the Pats are stacked in the 2nd rd along with the #1.

And despite what most poster think, the Pats are a very flaw team right now.  The draft alone is not going to solve their problems.  Finding a quality pass rusher is probably the hardest position to fill as it not only involves talent but also a player that would fit into BB scheme.  However, WR is a position that can be filled and the Pats have had no excuse not to get decent veteran talent at this point in the offseason.  Torry Holt is one player that would certainly be more suitable than David Patten.  He's not going to break records in 2010, but he's serviceable and can run routes and catch the ball consistently, something Aiken cannot do and something Patten should not be relied on to do.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

I don't know--if Indy takes Tebow in round one,  I may doubt my current view that we shouldn't take him till that 4th rounder we have.  Anyone else can take him in the first few rounds. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Should Say NO to Tebow:
    I don't know--if Indy takes Tebow in round one,  I may doubt my current view that we shouldn't take him till that 4th rounder we have.  Anyone else can take him in the first few rounds. 
    Posted by jcappy

Funny how all this works in our heads, we covet what our competitors do. I mean Tebow is not right for the Pats because as Tex and others have said we have too many other needs. It matters little what Indy does; he is not right for us.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Posted by jcappy

Well, we all know how Jim Sorgi turned out to become an outstanding QB after learning from Peyton his whole career. Sorgi's not even good enough to beat out Eli. Tebow is a worst prospect than Sorgi. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Posted by jcappy

I bet they take COLT McCoy instead. you have the futrue QB of the Colts named Colt what a great PR that would be for those chokers. LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 3SB-rings. Show 3SB-rings's posts

The numbers say otherwise......TAKE A SHOT!!

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_3171_A_tale_of_six_quarterbacks.html

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

I actually laugh at how many in here say Tewbow is not a good fit. Let me ask, how many of you own a NFL team, or even coach one? Not 1 of you. I hope whoever this guy goes to he becomes one of the most sucessful players there ever was just so I can look back and laugh at all of you for posting such foolish statements.
    I will never forget when Bledsoe went down how everyone was saying get a real quaterback, this kid Brady is worthless. HAAAAAAAAAAA

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

First of All I will be shocked if we draft Tebow... that being siad here is a question for you... if Clausen was available at 22 (could happen, probably won't but could) and you wouldn't draft a guy who played in a Weis style offense who is NFL ready to eventually replace Brady then you would be nuts to draft Tebow.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Geez! Those are COLLEGE NUMBERS! You can't judge based on that. Use your eyeballs. Tebow can't throw. 

Using the assumptions of that article Kliff Kingsbury would be the best QB ever.

Stop using dumb logic to support drafting Tebow.

The numbers say otherwise......TAKE A SHOT!! http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_3171_A_tale_of_six_quarterbacks.html
    Posted by 3SB-rings

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

why must people compare brady and tebow? A. brady is a once in a lifetime, low draft pick, future hall of famer
    B. tebow, in all likely hood, would be somewhere around the 3rd round and has never played in a pro-style offense
    C. great...tebow has a great work ethic, doesnt mean jack if you dont have talent or the athletic ability to get it done...which he doesnt

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

why must people compare brady and tebow? A. brady is a once in a lifetime, low draft pick, future hall of famer B. tebow, in all likely hood, would be somewhere around the 3rd round and has never played in a pro-style offense C. great...tebow has a great work ethic, doesnt mean jack if you dont have talent or the athletic ability to get it done...which he doesnt
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Talent, who needs talent when you have "leadership"? I'll tell ya who, Tim Tebow. Some people see the writing on the wall and still don't care.

Work ethic is nice, but Talent is what makes a great NFL player.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

why must people compare brady and tebow? A. brady is a once in a lifetime, low draft pick, future hall of famer B. tebow, in all likely hood, would be somewhere around the 3rd round and has never played in a pro-style offense C. great...tebow has a great work ethic, doesnt mean jack if you dont have talent or the athletic ability to get it done...which he doesnt
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

So Jimmyjack, when Tewbow was just a highschool lad did you say he would in no way ever make it as a college football player because he didnt have the athletic ability to get it done?? I guess you would have been wrong there. ANd have you compared Brady and Tewbow at the end of their college football careers? Im guessing Tewbow looked much better at this poing in time. See the point really is you have no idea how Tewbow will do in the Pro's the same way no one else does. Lets see, BB says he likes the kid and feels he has tremendous talent, now I gotta ask you, where were you a football scout again?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

somebody likes tebow, he's getting a Nike deal.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Should Say NO to Tebow : So Jimmyjack, when Tewbow was just a highschool lad did you say he would in no way ever make it as a college football player because he didnt have the athletic ability to get it done?? I guess you would have been wrong there. ANd have you compared Brady and Tewbow at the end of their college football careers? Im guessing Tewbow looked much better at this poing in time. See the point really is you have no idea how Tewbow will do in the Pro's the same way no one else does. Lets see, BB says he likes the kid and feels he has tremendous talent, now I gotta ask you, where were you a football scout again?
    Posted by Stompper

tebow broke every major passing record in the state of florida when he was coming out of high school...great

it doesnt mean that his high school and college game translates very well to success in the NFL

tim tebow has roughly the same arm strength as ken dorsey coming out of college...and how many NFL games has dorsey won as a starter? i dont think its even 5

great bill belichick is a convicted cheater...i am not...but we both know an average football player when we see one and an average football player falls somewhere in the 4th round and probably doesnt see alot of time unless he is able to more fully develop and adapt to the pro game...tebow's skill set shows me that he may be able to adapt to the pro game fairly well because he has a good head on his shoulders(even if he is crazy IMO) but his development will be hindered by his lack of arm strength

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

If BB really loved Tebow why would he publicize it? Because he really really really loves him? No. It's a smokescreen. What would BB gain from having people think the Pats wanted Tebow? Nothing if they want him. 

Name a player BB has drooled over pre-draft that they have selected? Having teams know you want a player puts them at a COMPETITIVE disadvantage. 

Plus, use your eyes. Tebow has the running skills and the arm of a fullback. You can't coach talent. Brady was overshadowed at Michigan bc of Drew Henson, but he fit the mold of a pocket passer. Tebow is a disaster in that regard. 

In Response to Re: Pats Should Say NO to Tebow : So Jimmyjack, when Tewbow was just a highschool lad did you say he would in no way ever make it as a college football player because he didnt have the athletic ability to get it done?? I guess you would have been wrong there. ANd have you compared Brady and Tewbow at the end of their college football careers? Im guessing Tewbow looked much better at this poing in time. See the point really is you have no idea how Tewbow will do in the Pro's the same way no one else does. Lets see, BB says he likes the kid and feels he has tremendous talent, now I gotta ask you, where were you a football scout again?
    Posted by Stompper

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

And it's TEBOW, not TEWBOW.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Pats Should Say NO to Tebow:
         I'm getting frustrated at reading the speculation surrounding the Pats and Tim Tebow.... Posted by TexasPat3

The speculation is being drummed up by the Pats and is intended to get people thinking they're interested in him.  They aren't.  But they benefit from people thinking they are, like Jacksonville.  Parcells is playing the same game.  He has no interest but says he does.  That's just how this game goes.  Misdirection.

In my view, the Jags cannot afford to miss out on Tebow and will end up picking him in the first round, somehow.  Maybe with their current pick if they can't figure out how to trade down.  That franchise is in a bad way and they need Tebow.  It has very little to do with football, but signing Tebow will sell 10,000 season tickets and 100,000 Jaguar jerseys, and just maybe prevent them from moving.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

tebow cannot prevent the jags from moving when he wont be in the nfl in 5 years...he isnt going to sell jerseys and any NFL team that has to rely on jersey sales...is f_ _ _ed anyways

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

tebow cannot prevent the jags from moving when he wont be in the nfl in 5 years...he isnt going to sell jerseys and any NFL team that has to rely on jersey sales...is f_ _ _ed anyways
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Believe what you want.  Believe that winning is the only thing in the NFL if you want.  These are businesses and you obviously have no idea how much pressure there is on the Jags to pick this guy or how popular he is in that part of the state.  It has precious little to do with Xs and Os.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Should Say NO to Tebow : Believe what you want.  Believe that winning is the only thing in the NFL if you want.  These are businesses and you obviously have no idea how much pressure there is on the Jags to pick this guy or how popular he is in that part of the state.  It has precious little to do with Xs and Os.
    Posted by Muzwell

im from florida dude...my step mother and step sister both attended UF and all i hear about is how even most of the people in that region realize he wont be a good pro

floridian football fans might be fanatics of the game...but they arent stupid either

if tebow is taken before the 4th round...it would be an absolute shock

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Should Say NO to Tebow...if tebow is taken before the 4th round...it would be an absolute shock
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Then I suspect you will be shocked.  But time will tell...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Maybe Tebow can play outside Linebacker.....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Unbelievable how some Pats' fans are calling for their team to use one of their high draft picks on a developmental QB, with less NFL passing skills than Jim Sorgi! With gaping holes at DE, OLB, TE, and WR...and needs at ILB, and the OL, the Pats don't have the luxury to take a flier on Tebow.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Your exactly right on your points Texpat!  I don't see the Pats taking him (tebow) anyways - but maybe they are just in the mix for teams to 'think' they are gunning for him....who knows.  As you know, it's a time when no team tells the truth!

Sections
Shortcuts