PATS (should) SIGN SIDNEY RICE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

PATS (should) SIGN SIDNEY RICE

EmbarassedIS THIS TRUE?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

Re: PATS SIGN SIDNEY RICE

SORRY I was caught by the headline--yes sign him

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

read the article! it says they need to pursue rice. not that they have.  stop misleading us with thread names! although it would be amazing to sign him to a long term contract.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

it would cost us a 1st round pick to sign him due to the first round tender that was placed on him a few days ago.  if FA is after the draft it might be worth it due to the fact that we would be giving them next years 1st or essentially a 2nd round pick value.  If we take into account the randy moss trade with them netting us a 2011 3rd round pick the net change from moss to rice would be 1 round between the 2 players.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

The further the Pats stay away from this guy, the better I'll like it.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Not sure how the subject line can fool anybody, ha.   There is a transactions freeze due to the CBA negotiations, no?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm with you MB I saw the headline and took a double take cause I know no players can be signed right now even with the extension.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

In Response to Re: PATS SIGN SIDNEY RICE:
    Harleyyyyyyyyyyy, now I have to go back and tell two co-workers they didn't. That deal would totally depend on what they had to give up
    Posted by Sam-Adams

sorry Sam...I'm a dope

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

I can't stand people who initiate provocative threads!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

why dont you just edit the thread title?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

The thread title is weak, but compelling nevertheless.  I'd be happy either way as the pros and cons go both ways.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I thought he signed his franchise tag? I guess I was wrong. I would give up a 1st rounder for this guy in a heart beat, he is a 24 year old beast. He is Randy Moss except he runs routes. I wouldnt give up the #17 for him but I would be ok with the Pats giving up their 2nd 1st rounder for him. P Mike why do you not like this guy?
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

I do not like this guy because he's lazy and his motivation is all wrong. He's had one good year in four -- a year in which Brett Favre also had a career year -- and he purposefully delayed his hip surgery so actually playing games would not detract from the value of the career year he had in 2009, as he headed into free agency. He's made of glass and has shown an aversion to rehabilitation; his work ethic blows and he's got an inflated idea of his own skill and value.

Other than that, I have no strong feelings one way or the other.

Cool

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

If we are giving up a first rounder for the guy.. we might aswell trade up for Julio Jones and not have to pay him as much.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

it would cost us a 1st round pick to sign him due to the first round tender that was placed on him a few days ago.  if FA is after the draft it might be worth it due to the fact that we would be giving them next years 1st or essentially a 2nd round pick value.  If we take into account the randy moss trade with them netting us a 2011 3rd round pick the net change from moss to rice would be 1 round between the 2 players.
    Posted by natesubs

The RFA tender won't have any impact once the new CBA is reached.  I don't see any reason to believe the RFA system will change from the old CBA.  Rice has completed 4 seasons and as such will be an unrestricted FA.

As for signing him, it would depend on the money.  I'd much rather build up both of the lines.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigChiLE. Show BigChiLE's posts

he posted a question on the mailblog on espnboston this afternoon asking mike if the pats would sign him

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

If they get a deal done, and if they can sign him for a reasonable amount I'd be OK with them giving up #28, they pick at 33 anyway.  He's got the talent. As for only one good year, that's true. But the Vikings had NO QB until Favre came along. If he was that good with Brett, imagine how it could be with Tom! Of course, if what p-mike says is true about his poor work ethic, BB would not sign him in the first place. But if they did trade up in the draft I would want a Von Miller rather than Julio Jones!

Sections
Shortcuts