Pats Sign Bodden

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Pats Sign Bodden

This was a great pick up....but the Pats are filling holes like crazy....what are the going to use the draft picks for??? LOL!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

Pats Sign Bodden

Yeah, I am really excited at the look of the secondary now. Next up in the draft maybe the Pats can grab a guy or two for long-term depth.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

Pats Sign Bodden

Also... cap room left for Jason Taylor?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

Pats Sign Bodden

Bodden's 6"1" 193, good size. Played well for old friend Romeo, good signing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Pats Sign Bodden

Given that it is a one year deal, NE seems like they are positioning themselves to develop some guys, and Bodden gets to be a talented rental. I doubt they look down the road and anticipate resigning him, because one year in this defense and his value will skyrocket again.

But . . .

Look at the bright side. Bodden, Springs and Hobbs is *lightyears* better than last year's secondary. All of a sudden a total weakness has turned into a potential strength.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinniSoxFan. Show MinniSoxFan's posts

Pats Sign Bodden

Add Jason Taylor to rotate with Adalius and Shawn Crable and I guarantee this defense will be steady enough to go to a super bowl.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from campp. Show campp's posts

Pats Sign Bodden

sounds like bodden wanted out of detroit. he`s an experienced cb and young on top of it. probably would like a SB ring as well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrislb. Show chrislb's posts

Pats Sign Bodden

Hobbs going to be running back kicks and playing in nickel and dime packages now(where he belongs)?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

Pats Sign Bodden

Wait, could someone answer this for me... Is next season uncapped? If so, does this make a difference with a one-year deal, his 'rights' and what the Pats could do to retain him if he panned out?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Pats Sign Bodden

Yes, if 2010 season remains uncapped (which is no safe bet) it would mean that each team gets TWO franchise players to claim. LOL.

That would mean NE could slap a couple players with the tag, and use it to try and broker a deal.

As far as the one year deal, I am sure Bodden wants to rehabilitate his stock,and I view it as a way to have a Bodden v Hobbs playoff, where NE can decide which if either they like going down the road.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from No1BadGuy. Show No1BadGuy's posts

Pats Sign Bodden

Since Bodden is still young I think that it's a 1 year deal as the two parties try to work out a longer length agreement.

While I think that Jasaon Taylor would help compensate for the loss of Vrabel on the defense, I am not sold that he is ready to be a 3 down OLB in our 3-4.

I also think that unless a very highly rated db falls to #23 we will now target an OLB with our 1st pick.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FranklynDR. Show FranklynDR's posts

Pats Sign Bodden

I was hoping they would sign Bodden since he visited. I thought that the Springs signing might mean that they wouldn't. This gives Wheatley and Wilhite time to develop... both could be very good (better chance that at least one will pan out).

Now they can play the draft in a lot of different ways, since they have experienced and young CBs on the roster. I think this means they draft LB if the right one is available, but if not they can go TE (Pettigrew), DE, S, or even OL.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Pats Sign Bodden

Even without replacing Vrabel this defense is already better.

I am sure a younger pair of legs will get more rushing done than Vrabel did last season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattadlard. Show mattadlard's posts

Pats Sign Bodden

I LOVE this signing! The guy flourished under Romeo who is a poor mans BB! If we could pick up Jason Taylor or possibly trade for Julius Peppers i would be stoked!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Pats Sign Bodden

springs usually has t.o,s number,but with the bodden signing.I LIKE IT! to bad its for one year. at least two yrs i say.watch him have a break-out year,and the compensation turns out to be like samuals.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Pats Sign Bodden

Absolutely perfect! Flourished under Crenell, who runs a similar system. Agreed that 2-3 years would be better but I'm glad he's here. Now focus on drafting some pass rush.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Pats Sign Bodden

Taylor has said himself that he is most likely a part time player at this point in his career. Just guessing, but unless we are talking vet min here, NE is likely done in Fa.

I think as far as helping our draft boards, it really just singles out OLB for the time being, other than that it kind of opens things up, because NE isn't going to be pressured to get quality bodies at any spot, save OLB.

Given the upcoming FA in 2010, it opens up the 2009 draft to more consideration for that season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from reamer. Show reamer's posts

Pats Sign Bodden

I really wish this was a longer contract. Two years would be ideal, but even so I'm excited that we have corners bigger than 5'9! And I say that grudgingly, because I'm a hair under 5'8, but I like to think I'm a decent player.

Now if we can snag another corner in the draft--a bigger guy, with physicality and instincts--I think we'll be all set for the future. I still think Wilhite will turn out, but adding a guy like Davis would be phenomenal.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Pats Sign Bodden

this is phenominal we now have two backs that are 6'0 or 6'1 with size that can participate against the run just as well as the pass...

I think the Bodden Deal means that the Patriots have bought into Wheatley and Wilhite and that they may be going a differnet dirrection than we anticipated with this draft

I can see us comming out of day one with a OLB/ILB TE and a RB...

I have seen some updated Mocks that have the Patriots cutting bait with Maroney and taking a RB at 34 in the event Chris Wells falls to 34 and some mocks have him falling farther we may see B Pet out of OSU at 23 and Wells at 34... if Barwin falls and we can grab him with our next pick we would have a OLB in the making, a replacement RB and TE....

Asuuming we can fulfill O-line with our third road picks i think we would be all set moving forward....... baring any more busts

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bunchofpixels. Show bunchofpixels's posts

Pats Sign Bodden

1 year for the veteran min of 750,000? He mustnt have gotten much interest from other teams.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bunchofpixels. Show bunchofpixels's posts

Pats Sign Bodden

[Quote]I think the Bodden Deal means that the Patriots have bought into Wheatley and Wilhite and that they may be going a differnet dirrection than we anticipated with this draft[/Quote]
    Wheatley will be a good player if his wrist holds up.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Pats Sign Bodden

Vet Min!!!

That is a steal. Even if he doesn't work out.

Oh man, this just keeps getting better. Super low risk, and very high reward. I hope if he is really playing well mid-season they try to lock him up for a couple more seasons. Maybe a modest three year deal would be enough, and set him free when he still has value at 30 years age.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Pats Sign Bodden

Sweet I am so glad we signed him, Adam Shefter of the NFL network said that if the Pats signed either Bodden or Springs we would be a super bowl team again and we signed both! Now we have three solid CBs in front of our youngsters and that is a good situation for us to be in. And if Springs plays FS then we will have Bodden, Hobbs and Wheatly/Wilhite and that as well is a good set of CBs. Now we as fans can stop b*tching and moaning about our DBs and focus on other stuff. I am so happy about this.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Pats Sign Bodden

DiD I SAY THAT?mvp- you never heard me complain.well alls they need now is one of those big offensive linemen to shore up the roster.orlando pace has just been released,but im sure his tag will be high.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Pats Sign Bodden

[Quote]This was a great pick up....but the Pats are filling holes like crazy....what are the going to use the draft picks for??? LOL![/Quote]

On youth,

great signing.