Pats Sign Browner

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxCsBruins. Show SoxCsBruins's posts

Pats Sign Browner

@RapSheet: Source: Ex-#Seahawks CB Brandon Browner has reached a two-year agreement with the #Patriots.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: Pats Sign Browner

Yes! Nice move bb.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Before I say good signing would like to see how the contract is structured. This guy is one step away from being out of the league.

If he stays clean this is  great signing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Boomshackalacka

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

Wow our secondary is looking stacked!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Nice depth move if the cost isn't too high.  Still need to get DT taken care of though.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Goodbye Adrian Wilson.  This guy is built Ram tough and I can definitely see the mad scientist that is BB thinking about converting him to a SS. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nice depth move if the cost isn't too high.  Still need to get DT taken care of though.  

[/QUOTE]

He was a starter last year through like 8 games.

do you think he has enough to start over Dennard? Move Dennard or Ryan to slot with revis and browner on the outside? Or, browner at SS?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yes!  Add another problem child to the Pats!

December 18, 2013, 7:24 PM EDT Brandon Browner AP

Cornerback Brandon Browner, who has started 36 regular-season games in the last three seasons for NFC West-leading Seattle, has been suspended for an indefinite period for violating the NFL’s substance-abuse policy.  The league announced the suspension on Wednesday.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to.ot-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Cornerback Brandon Browner, who has started 36 regular-season games in the last three seasons for NFC West-leading Seattle, has been suspended for an indefinite period for violating the NFL’s substance-abuse policy.  The league announced the suspension on Wednesday.

[/QUOTE]

Yawwwwwwwwwwnn  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

Browner is still a free agent

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

1st round.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero 2m
    I'm told Brandon Browner does not have a deal with #Patriots. He is on way to visit #Redskins. Plans to visit #Saints and #Raiders next.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Adam Schefter         @AdamSchefter Follow

Brandon Browner's agent, Peter Schaffer, said his client is in negotiations w/ "four teams and we do not have a deal. We arent even close."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He is already going to miss the first 4 games due to the suspension. We probably got him on the cheap, so this is a gamble worth taking for potentially huge upside. Think about this...browner is a starter. If we don't do something more than 1 year with revis, browner slides in to start as we got him locked up for 2 years. Good revis insurance.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Conflicting reports.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet   4m

Brandon Browner has spread the word to those close to him that he has agreed with the #Patriots. Thus, my report that he has agreed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Hmm

so where are the anti Bb guys? 

we are a DT and a depth lb away from having a pretty stout D

next is the Oline and a wr depending on JE and how bad dobsons injury is

i am hoping for a TE so Gronk doesn't have to start the season

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

Hope this is like what happened with Revis. His manager refutes it for a few hours then finally admits it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]Adam Schefter         @AdamSchefter Follow

Brandon Browner's agent, Peter Schaffer, said his client is in negotiations w/ "four teams and we do not have a deal. We arent even close."

[/QUOTE]

Interesting I just got an alert from NFL.com about the signing... someone has some bad info. Rapoport may have jumped the gun.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Hmm.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer   1m

Agent Peter Schaffer said Raiders, Saints, Redskins still in running for Browner. As @RapSheet said, Browner told teammates he's got a deal.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/13/agent-blasts-report-of-browner-deal-in-new-england/

Just as the evening was beginning to slow down, it has picked up.  In a big way.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reported via Twitter that the Patriots agreed to terms with free-agent cornerback Brandon Browner.  Browner’s agent begs to differ.  Strongly.

“It’s 100 percent untrue,” agent Peter Schaffer told PFT by phone, moments after the report landed on Twitter.  “I’ve got four teams to negotiate with.  I’ve got irresponsible journalists who don’t check their facts putting this stuff out there, and my phone is blowing up when I’m trying to play hockey.”

Schaffer plays in an adult hockey league in Denver.

“I’ve got very little patience for irresponsible journalists who put this stuff out and ruin my night,” Schaffer said.  “My phone is going nuts.  I just wanna play hockey.”

All Browner wants to do is play football.  Schaffer has made it clear that Browner has not yet picked a team, in one of the most colorful ways we can recall.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hmm

[/QUOTE]

Don't worry,  we will now hear words like "red flags".

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter 52s

A well-placed Patriots source: "Browner wants to be in NE, I think we are close, but it's a tough deal to do because of suspension, etc."

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Follow Adam SchefterVerified account@AdamSchefter

A well-placed Patriots source: "Browner wants to be in NE, I think we are close, but it's a tough deal to do because of suspension, etc.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hmm

[/QUOTE]

Well, it IS a BB issue to address the glaring problem at DT.  Vellano, Jones, Siliga may be OK, but that's 1.5 extra run yds-per-carry given up without Vince.  

TE = BIG question mark on Gronk. 

WR = no one is a sure bet weapon for Brady.  Edelman at the top of the depth chart?  Heck, I like the guy a lot, but that's not his role.

OL = has another year of being effective, but that also has to do with the brady's targets (see above)