Pats Sign Browner

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Pats Sign Browner

In response to TravisBean's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Word breaking that Browner wants NE but the agent wants to milk it out, to where Browner hs has had it with the agent.

Interesting.

Sounds like BB has sold Browner on the Pats and the agents is trying to get a higher comission by going to the Skins and Raiders, with Browner knowing better.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, maybe stop playing hockey and do your f ing job pal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

In response to TravisBean's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Word breaking that Browner wants NE but the agent wants to milk it out, to where Browner hs has had it with the agent.

Interesting.

Sounds like BB has sold Browner on the Pats and the agents is trying to get a higher comission by going to the Skins and Raiders, with Browner knowing better.

[/QUOTE]

+1

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

How can the agent play hockey and negotiate contracts at the same exact time?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

Brandon Browner - DB - Seahawks

A "well-placed" team source tells ESPN's Adam Schefter that free agent CB Brandon Browner is close to an agreement with the Patriots, but that it's a "tough deal to do because of suspension, etc."

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports that Browner has "spread the word to those close to him" that he's agreed to terms with the Pats, but his agent vehemently denies it. Browner's rep has spoken directly with many reporters. As such, the deal can't be considered official, but it likely will be some time in the next 24 hours. Related: Patriots   Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Mar 13 - 10:48 PM

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Funny someone already changed his wikipedia page saying he's a New England Patriot

New England Patriots [edit]

Revis and Browner: Legion of Boom II.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hannahman. Show Hannahman's posts

Why wouldnt he want to be here......of course he does...he is gonna have Revis locking down half the field and is gonna make his job alot easier

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hannahman. Show Hannahman's posts

If this gets done this secondary is gonna be scary good.......far cry from recent years

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Well I hope we get him, I remember watching him in that secondary in Seattle and thinking...why can't we get a secondary like that? One of the games I watched had a replay camera showing the view of the quarterback as he would try to throw the ball, I couldn't believe the size of this guy or his atheticism. He was all over the receivers..it wasn't even fair for a quarterback to try to complete a pass against that secondary.

To think we may end up having him, Revis, Dennard and another physical kid in Ryan? Add another pass rusher and defensive tackle to the mix and this defense will look a whole lot better than it has in years. Throw in Jaime Collins in coverage underneath and we may end up with something similar to what Seattle was able to put out onto that field.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

Sherman tweeted out wishing Browner Congratulations.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I'll take back half of any negative things I've said if we get this guy and a quality DE.  I'll take back the other 1/2 if our Defense helps us win a Super Bowl.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hannahman. Show Hannahman's posts

Now bring in LaFell and Jared Allen and it should be enough to grab the elusive 4th ring

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'll take back half of any negative things I've said if we get this guy and a quality DE.  I'll take back the other 1/2 if our Defense helps us win a Super Bowl.

[/QUOTE]

lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to JohnnyLefty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I just read it too him and Sherman are close I guess..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

If we have signed both Revis & Browner, WOW, but I just read Browners agent denied the signing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Great news if true. Now hopefully they look for a receiver and some pass rush help.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

He would be a nice fit.  I could definitely see him being converted to SS.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to Tydog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Browner is still a free agent

[/QUOTE] Technically you are right, his Agent Shaffer is denying any such deal is in place, however the family members of Browner's are the ones who leaked Browner's intentions of becoming a Patriot. So we will see how it all plays out.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

Didn't Revis's agent deny a contract last night also and look how that turned out!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nice depth move if the cost isn't too high.  Still need to get DT taken care of though.  

[/QUOTE]

depth move????? are you serious? hes the second best corner on the team and was a starter in seattle. they will draft a dt in the first round too. id like to see them draft two dt and a guard or center. the defense is going to be great. jamie collins looks like he may become a star too.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to JohnnyLefty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I just read it too him and Sherman are close I guess..

[/QUOTE] Played in the same secondary for 3 years how much closer can you get? His family seems to think he's a Patriot and his Wikipedia seems to think the same, good luck to him if this is so, stay healthy and ped free!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Hmm so where are the anti Bb guys?"

I'm not anti-BB, think he's a good, sometimes great GM (who had a very rough year last year) but there are those who think he is Godlike as a GM and that his way of handling a roster is the only way. It's not. 

I wanted him to be open to spending a premium on a free agent, which even some of his supporers like yourself claimed was outside his current philosophy. Obviously he's done it before but not since AT. 

So, I'm happy with the aggressive moves being made. Wanted to see some urgency - if that ungency takes place within the confines of BB's system, that's fine by me. 

Then again I never believe you can win an offseason - we can make snap judgements but the verdict must wait. 

I believe he should have been more aggressive signing Edelman but I'm willing to admit Edelman could be replaceable on many levels if not all...

happy for now...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hmm

so where are the anti Bb guys? 

[/QUOTE]

Congratulating BB for bringing in Lombardi to end his dumpster diving ways.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hmm

so where are the anti Bb guys? 

[/QUOTE]

Congratulating BB for bringing in Lombardi to end his dumpster diving ways.

[/QUOTE]

And may have  jumped too soon lol, did he sign?

Its always about the mix of talent and who is available ar what price for how long. With what guaranteed $ . And who else is willing to pay more

On the way he has rebuilt while staying in the playoffs.

we have had bad luck and injuries and a few bad games 

never a sure shot of winning any SB

But on one side you cream Elway for his pickups and in the past you have beat Bb for not

iCan u give me you logic????

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

If indeed the Pats land Browner not only is the secondary going to be really good and deep, it will be amazing to see the kind of combos that take the field.  I will feel better once I see it confirmed.

Sections
Shortcuts