Pats Sign Browner

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

Re: Pats Sign Browner

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hmm

so where are the anti Bb guys? 

we are a DT and a depth lb away from having a pretty stout D

next is the Oline and a wr depending on JE and how bad dobsons injury is

i am hoping for a TE so Gronk doesn't have to start the season

[/QUOTE]

that is a myth.  Although there are 1 or 2 fans who don't care for his role as GM, there are also 1-2  fans who think BB can do no wrong.  The rest of us are in between.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I'm pretty sure Browner would play SS first, I mean Dennard and Logan are going to get some snaps, but Browner would be the emergence CB if the need arises.

We know that BB likes to use his safeties to cover TEs and, occasionally, slot WRs. Browner being a CB can cover better than any safety and has the size needed to man up a TE. Similar to what Talib did to Jimmy Graham, but Revis will be employed on the WR.

I'm thinking, against Denver, BB puts Revis on Thomas, Browner on J. Thomas and then use Collins to take out Welker.

Go BB, GO!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 2m

CB Brandon Browner is visiting Washington today, then plans to visit N.O. while his agent Peter Schaffer talks with New England and Oakland.

I think this would fall under the heading of 'not so fast'.  Hopefully he still signs with NE.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Boomshackalacka

[/QUOTE]

!

Someone else uses that word!

NBA Jam was awesome.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to TravisBean's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]Adam Schefter         @AdamSchefter Follow

Brandon Browner's agent, Peter Schaffer, said his client is in negotiations w/ "four teams and we do not have a deal. We arent even close."

[/QUOTE]

Interesting I just got an alert from NFL.com about the signing... someone has some bad info. Rapoport may have jumped the gun.

[/QUOTE]

SOunds like Rapoport is using his inside NE info and others are jealous. Ink needs to dry.

[/QUOTE]

Understand this...

ESPN fancies itself the center of the sports world.

They stole Shefter from NFL Network, I'm assuming with big dollars when he started making 'draft guru' Mel Kiper look like the fool he is.

Ian Rapareport took his slot at NFL Network.

ESPN/Shefter do NOT want to be scooped by someone they deem lesser. ESPN and NFL Network have had a quiet fight for a while. NFL Network always gets the first interview during the draft, and other things that I know irk ESPN, who would prefer to be hand-in-hand like they are with MLB and Selig. NFL is too big for that, and they know it.

In short: ESPN s u c k s. Shefter IS very good at his job, but since he went to ESPN, I'm always aware of their underlying agendas.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I guess this is where I differ from your truly hardcore football guys.  I care if the guy is druggie, a criminal or a cheat.

It seems most of you guys just care about wins.

Maybe Christian Peter is still in shape?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hmm

so where are the anti Bb guys? 

we are a DT and a depth lb away from having a pretty stout D

next is the Oline and a wr depending on JE and how bad dobsons injury is

i am hoping for a TE so Gronk doesn't have to start the season

[/QUOTE]

Don't worry,  we will now hear words like "red flags".

[/QUOTE]

True this is actually a good red flag signing if true. Remember I told you you can take on some depending on the red flags? Well this is one of those cases and here's why:

1) We don't need to count on him to start. We got Revis, Dennard, and Ryan which means if he fails out not a big loss and you don't have to replace him

2) Provided it's basically no guaranteed money there is no real risk

3) He's not a low character guy so he won't hurt the club house

4) He's just icing if he gives you anything at all which basically means it's a bottom half of the roster signing that could give you more.

These are exactly the depth type of moves that could pay off just as long as you only have a couple of them on your team at a time. The problem comes into play when you do count on them to start, give them upfront guaranteed money, they could hurt the locker room, or you fill your roster with them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Great....   A false report to stir up all the anti- patriot mechanations in the league.  This just made the likelyhood of signing him around nil,  IMO.

YOu think other teams aren't scheming right now to deny BB..?   Rex just called his Robby-bro and promised him 5 NY hookers if he somehow steals browner.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

This is getting wierd with all the signed, not signed business. Seems guys are anxious.

Looks like BB is following Peteys Carrols mode again. Just like Tebucky Jones, BB will end up moving Browner to SS to fill a position he could not in the draft. Hope it works out the same...

Ty Law , Tebucky Jones.

D.Revis, B.Browner.

Some much needed toughness injected to our secondary and gives us better flexibility and ability to be agressive.

If signing a CB to 12 million on a one year deal aint "Going ALL IN" I dont know what is. Glad they finally realized the urgency but werent we told BB doesnt do that?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

According to Albert Breer and Ian Rapoport on Twitter, Browner canceled his trip to Washington for the Redskins because they believe he is going to sign with the Patriots.

http://nesn.com/2014/03/report-brandon-browners-meeting-with-redskins-canceled/

The Brandon Browner drama from Thursday night continued into Friday morning. The free-agent cornerback was reportedly scheduled to visit with the Washington Redskins on Friday, but it appears that is no longer the case. NFL Media’s Albert Breer quotes a Redskins source saying that Browner is not in Washington, and that the team thinks Browner might sign with the New England Patriots, as was originally reported Thursday.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2014/03/report-brandon-browners-meeting-with-redskins-canceled/

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

Great....   A false report to stir up all the anti- patriot mechanations in the league.  This just made the likelyhood of signing him around nil,  IMO.

YOu think other teams aren't scheming right now to deny BB..?   Rex just called his Robby-bro and promised him 5 NY hookers if he somehow steals browner.

Who is going to foot the bill?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In the ongoing saga of the Browner signing/non-signing:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 3m

#Intrigue RT @AlbertBreer: From me & @RapSheet: Per Skins sources, Browner's visit to Ashburn, called off this AM, is now back on for today

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Just heard Rapareport on WEEI...

According to him...last night, and still today, and I quote, "Browner has agreed to a deal with NE."

Asked multiple times, he was perfectly clear every time.

Also reported Browner's agent lost his adult men's hockey game. And wasn't wearing a cup.

The agent is really coming off looking like the biggest a s s out of all of this...shocking.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just heard Rapareport on WEEI...

According to him...last night, and still today, and I quote, "Browner has agreed to a deal with NE."

Asked multiple times, he was perfectly clear every time.

Also reported Browner's agent lost his adult men's hockey game. And wasn't wearing a cup.

The agent is really coming off looking like the biggest a s s out of all of this...shocking.

[/QUOTE]

agreed to a deal and signing one is different. Maybe thats it. They gave him an offer and agreed but hasnt signed...??  Idk, just get er' done already

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

It Is What It Is >> Adam Schefter on D&C: Brandon Browner ‘very well may wind up in New England’

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

All these reporters trying to "out scoop" eachother is getting ridiculous. Unfortunately, thats what the media has become. Report first, worry about validity later.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Signed or not signed it seems Schefter  and Rapoport are having themselves a media catfight.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Decided to google Peter Schaffer...the agent in question. I copied this straight from Wiki:

"Schaffer is highly regarded as an expert on the business of sports, appearing on ABC Nightly News,[7] Fox Sports,[8] the Dan Patrick Show,[9] HBO Real Sports and 60 Minutes"

Hm. The past 24 hours seem to fly in the face of that statement. I may need to update wikipedia for them under career highlights:

Elected to leave client Brandon Browner at the NE facility to go play in men's adult hockey game. Proceeded to critisize report of signing;

“I’ve got four teams to negotiate with.  I’ve got irresponsible journalists who don’t check their facts putting this stuff out there, and my phone is blowing up when I’m trying to play hockey.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/13/agent-blasts-report-of-browner-deal-in-new-england/

HAHAHAHA!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:
    [QUOTE]

All these reporters trying to "out scoop" eachother is getting ridiculous. Unfortunately, thats what the media has become. Report first, worry about validity later.

[/QUOTE]

It seems likely that he'll be a Patriot...but it's still unofficial. But, since he cancelled his visit to Washington, it looks good: http://www.patspulpit.com/2014/3/13/5506956/patriots-sign-cb-brandon-browner-to-two-year-deal

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

It seems likely that he'll be a Patriot...but it's still unofficial. But, since he cancelled his visit to Washington, it looks good: http://www.patspulpit.com/2014/3/13/5506956/patriots-sign-cb-brandon-browner-to-two-year-deal

Awesome!  Thanks for posting that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Awesome!  Thanks for posting that.

[/QUOTE]

I guess it all boils down to which is the most current entry: the last edit of the above entry or this last tweet from Rapoport which is about 40 minutes old:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 3m

#Intrigue RT @AlbertBreer: From me & @RapSheet: Per Skins sources, Browner's visit to Ashburn, called off this AM, is now back on for today

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I really don't care where he is, for that matter.  I care who he signs with.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Didn't someone just post on another thread that the Washington trip was back on? I can't keep track of all this crap these knuckleheads keep tweeting (which I don't tweet or follow tweets).....it all ends up here anyway!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Didn't someone just post on another thread that the Washington trip was back on? I can't keep track of all this crap these knuckleheads keep tweeting (which I don't tweet or follow tweets).....it all ends up here anyway!!

[/QUOTE]

That was me - posted the tweet twice on page 3 - once in the middle and once at the end.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I guess this is where I differ from your truly hardcore football guys.  I care if the guy is druggie, a criminal or a cheat.

It seems most of you guys just care about wins.

Maybe Christian Peter is still in shape?

[/QUOTE]

You still hate Rusty that bad that you have to attempt a giant crap in ANY thread he's in?...LMAO...I pity you...and you do this in such an obvious way everyone knows it....they may hate Rusty too, but they have ZERO respect for you...and you care about that...that's what's so sad...