Pats Sign Browner

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: Pats Sign Browner

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I guess it all boils down to which is the most current entry: the last edit of the above entry or this last tweet from Rapoport which is about 40 minutes old:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 3m

#Intrigue RT @AlbertBreer: From me & @RapSheet: Per Skins sources, Browner's visit to Ashburn, called off this AM, is now back on for today

[/QUOTE]

My guess is that Browner's agent is trying to play off the Redskins against the Patriots, in order to score a bit more money for his client.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I guess it all boils down to which is the most current entry: the last edit of the above entry or this last tweet from Rapoport which is about 40 minutes old:

#Intrigue RT @AlbertBreer: From me & @RapSheet: Per Skins sources, Browner's visit to Ashburn, called off this AM, is now back on for today

[/QUOTE]

My guess is that Browner's agent is trying to play off the Redskins against the Patriots, in order to score a bit more money for his client.   

[/QUOTE]

That sound you just heard was me calling 'Bingo' - I think you are absolutely correct.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Well...Let's just wait until it's finalized...I hope he shows here...that cleans up a HUGE hole in the D and makes them very versatile....explains the Woodyard departure....they have plenty of guys now who can cover mid-field, backs and TE's....this is starting to shape up...

They still need A bona fide pass rusher...they can take care of the int. D LIne in the draft...also, they need to bring in a decent vet WR for TB to play catch with

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to tanbass' comment:
    [QUOTE]

All these reporters trying to "out scoop" eachother is getting ridiculous. Unfortunately, thats what the media has become. Report first, worry about validity later.

[/QUOTE]

It seems likely that he'll be a Patriot...but it's still unofficial. But, since he cancelled his visit to Washington, it looks good: http://www.patspulpit.com/2014/3/13/5506956/patriots-sign-cb-brandon-browner-to-two-year-deal

[/QUOTE]

Awesome!  Thanks for posting that.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Fuuuu.....dge!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'll take back half of any negative things I've said if we get this guy and a quality DE.  I'll take back the other 1/2 if our Defense helps us win a Super Bowl.

[/QUOTE]

TCAL - I believe the "negative things" you said have been right on spot. The BRONCOS and PATS are the elite of the AFC with the RAVENS and COLTS not that far behind. I really believe that Elway's bold moves have forced BB's hand. Clearly Belichick has changed his FA strategy and is FINALLY becoming more aggressive. Which is what most fans have waited for years. It's exciting to think the PATS may have an elite secondary. BUT if BB doesn't field a unity that is good at consistently rushing the QB, much of his effort will be wasted. Just my opinion, but I don't think you need to take back your criticisms. It's just that BB, the GM, finally may have changed his strategy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Raporeport used to be a beat writer with the Pats...now he's the NFLN's headline guy during free agency. 

He's busted his a s s to get where he's at...he has a long, and recent history with the Pats.

Until Browner sings elsewhere, I see no reason to NOT believe what Raporeport has to say.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

One of my favorites.. takes out 3 guys and the punt returner is like W-T-F?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

^^ roid rage LOL!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

AM supposed to be too busy to post today. But W-T-F... that was an amazing play. I hope he does get signed. I hope he works out great. It will ahve a long-term impact on how BB assesses talent.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

he put the third guy flat on his back

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

If it helps, a friend of mine just told me he seen Browner at Mass General Hospital but I wont say the source is great. Also not sure how he recognized him unless he had an entourage so thats all I get. maybe he took a physical while up here....Who knows but we do know there is smoke so stay tuned. no games being played this w/e so no biggie

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This guy hits everything moving!  Def. has SS potential....Check his p*ss and bring em' him. Isnt he one more strike from a year suspension? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk 35s

Brandon Browner's visit to the Redskins was never canceled. It was postponed. It's happening today. Pats, Saints, Raiders in mix too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If it helps, a friend of mine just told me he seen Browner at Mass General Hospital but I wont say the source is great. Also not sure how he recognized him unless he had an entourage so thats all I get. maybe he took a physical while up here....Who knows but we do know there is smoke so stay tuned. no games being played this w/e so no biggie

[/QUOTE]

Physical, and maybe a test for substances.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This guy hits everything moving!  Def. has SS potential....Check his p*ss and bring em' him. Isnt he one more strike from a year suspension? 

[/QUOTE]

I am sure several here would volunteer to follow him around just to make sure he does not get that strike.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

That play vs Arizona, WOW is the only thing that comes to mind. Would be nice to have a physical presence like that in the secondary again. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Um ... with a guy that hits this hard, why is Seattle letting him go? PEDS?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to NYC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Maybe for the price, they do not need him?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That play vs Arizona, WOW is the only thing that comes to mind. Would be nice to have a physical presence like that in the secondary again. 

[/QUOTE]

S version of beast mode?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

not PEDs not Money, the other CB they played, had a great end of the season.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to auchhhhhhhhhhh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

For the right price, why not have him still and have great depth? You never have enough good CBs in today's NFL.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

auchhhhhhhhhhh...was hoping that post #100 in this thread would provide confirmation that Browner has signed with New England.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

auchhhhhhhhhhh...was hoping that post #100 in this thread would provide confirmation that Browner has signed with New England.

Sorry Bro... this is all i have

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet   43m

I know the contract details. Will hold until officially signed

[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

For the right price, why not have him still and have great depth? You never have enough good CBs in today's NFL.

[/QUOTE]

I guess we are just needy. Look at Miami. They came up on 2 great young CBs in 2 years. Smith and Davis. Both were traded before their contracts were up.

We on the other hand cant find a real DB without trading for one so our NEED is greater. I really dont think Seattle will miss Browner. He was a CB. They are set. We will probably play him at safety because we have noone to intimidate on D right now. Seattle has plenty.