Pats sign Collie

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Pats sign Collie

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

We should trade for Hartline and Jordi Nelson, then we'll corner the market on the white WR. 

W T F ????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

I liked Collie...when he wasn't a hit away from being a veggie. He's done now though.

Not exactly. Good signing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Relax guys, he wasnt signed here to  play. He was bought in to mentor the injured players.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

[QUOTE]

We should trade for Hartline and Jordi Nelson, then we'll corner the market on the white WR. 

W T F ????

[/QUOTE]

That's just one example of why I have him on ignore.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

when he been able to stay on the field, he has produced.

I have to think this might be something with Amendola or Dobson? Why Collie if Edelman and Amendola are active? Why Collie if Boyce, Thompkins and Dobson need snaps? I dont see the Slater connection, as it would seen Collie's prior health issues preclude ST play? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

W T F ????

[/QUOTE]

It's a joke, not a harmful one either. It's just Welker, Amendola, Edelman, now Collie...the white WRs we haven't had in New England are Nelson and Hartline...and we were linked to Hartline as the most likely landing spot if he doesn't resign with the Fins. 

Just observational humor, like Sienfield.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:

[QUOTE]

I liked Collie...when he wasn't a hit away from being a veggie. He's done now though.

Not exactly. Good signing

[/QUOTE]

Couldn't stick with the Colts, couldn't make the WR needy 49ers either. The guy is done, maybe they want to rest Dan the Man a couple more weeks, but Collie is done.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

i wouldn't be surprised if he was cut within 2 weeks. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he is gone by the end of the weekend.

Perhaps an insurance policy if  Dobson/Thompkins/Amendola all can't go. all 3 are on the injury list for this week.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I believe they had an open roster spot.

He'll be good for a game or two.

"The worse New England has gotten on defense, the better Brady has been forced to become -- with 109 touchdowns, 20 interceptions and a 39-9 record the past three seasons. "

CLARK JUDGE______7/13/13_____________________________________

Trying to gain some ability to go into a shootout against the Saints?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Report: Patriots take flier on Austin Collie

Patriots signed WR Austin Collie.

Danny Amendola (groin), Aaron Dobson (neck), Kenbrell Thompkins (shoulder) and Matt Slater (wrist) were all on the injury report Wednesday. Collie is being added to the roster as depth, not a savior for the receiving corps. In fact, it's hard to see him getting many snaps -- or even being active -- with Amendola and Julian Edelman hogging the slot role. Collie has had his own laundry list of health problems, missing 22 games over the last three seasons due to concussions and a ruptured patellar tendon. Only owners in the deepest of leagues need to consider a speculative add.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

one would think they'd be looking to find an inside DL instead....why a WR w/ strong hx of concussions?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

BB waiting in the weeds on this this one. Weeds so deep and thick he couldn't see what was in front of him. Does everyone see now why we need al the extra cap space? For pickups like this.

Sorry couldn't resist Tongue Out

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

I thought Collie is pretty good - you guys confuse the c... out of me. Everyone is an expert

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

Follow Field Yates@FieldYates

The Patriots have signed veteran WR Austin Collie, according to a league source.

I hate to be negative (don't need to be - plenty of that here) but I'm not thrilled with this signing. Oh well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to NYPat's comment:

I thought Collie is pretty good - you guys confuse the c... out of me. Everyone is an expert

Maybe because the guy has had so many injures and concussions the last 3 season that people question if he remembers how to tie his shoes at some point? And please don't say he's not injury prone and they were freak injures. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to Section136's comment:

[QUOTE] Follow Field Yates@FieldYates

The Patriots have signed veteran WR Austin Collie, according to a league source.

I hate to be negative (don't need to be - plenty of that here) but I'm not thrilled with this signing. Oh well.

[/QUOTE]

Why? What's the downside?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

In response to Section136's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE] Follow Field Yates@FieldYates

[/QUOTE]

Why? What's the downside?

[/QUOTE]

Valid point - just want some defensive attention, that's all - maybe I'm not patient enough with the team building method. I have been a fan for a long time and haven't been this psyched about the potential of this team since 2001.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

Peyton Manning ruined Collie's career.  He continually led him directly into hard hitting safeties and linebackers.  I had never seen anything like it; it's like Manning had a vendetta against the guy.

As others have said, he's probably only here as a 4th WR for the next game or 2; until either Dobson or Amendola are ready to go.  He basically takes Boyce's spot from the first 3 games, since Boyce is moving up to #3.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to APpats22's comment:

Hope this doesn't mean Dobson is too b@nged up.

"I don’t know. I think Tom is probably the best leader I’ve ever been around so I wouldn’t be too critical of him. " - BB

He was limited for practice, not out.. so I hope he's ok...  I don't think this is an IR thing.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

Great vertical........

"Don't touch my Leatherhelmet!!"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

Excellent 40 time...

"Don't touch my Leatherhelmet!!"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Follow Field Yates@FieldYates

Big deal. The poor guy suffers a concussion ervey time he steps out of bed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I'm guessing that Dobson will be out this week. That hit last Sunday night was pretty nasty. Collie is a nice player to fill a void for a few games, nothing more.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Good. This was something I suggested weeks ago.

I'd be more impressed if something were done to address the glaring need at DT. How does wasting that 48th overall pick in 2012 on Tavon Wilson look now...when BB passed up a chance to add a good, young DT?