Pats sign Collie

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

Re: Pats sign Collie

Oft injured.....

"Don't touch my Leatherhelmet!!"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

High five!!!!!

"Don't touch my Leatherhelmet!!"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Egad - a 3 page thread on a back-of-the-roster insurance signing.  Impressive.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

I don't care what you all think - Collie is going to help. One mre person to throw to.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Collie is a very good receiver, but admittedly, I would rather not see him play. 

Fans in Indy were seriously concerned about this guy's life after the concussions he had.  They didn't just wobble him, they knocked him stiff and out. 

The guy is fearless in a not so smart way.  I hope he helps you guys and manages to stay away from hits. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to NYPat's comment:

I don't care what you all think - Collie is going to help. One mre person to throw to.

Solid depth regardless.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Collie is a solid vet who played with success under Manning. He knows how to learn a difficult offense. He'll produce if he gets on the field

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I don't care what you all think - Collie is going to help. One mre person to throw to."

Sounds like the makings of a real championship offense!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

I think this is a solid move personally.  He is a very good player when healthy.  You can't get much off the scrap heap at this point in the season and he was the best of the unemployed WRs out there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Good. This was something I suggested weeks ago.

I'd be more impressed if something were done to address the glaring need at DT. How does wasting that 48th overall pick in 2012 on Tavon Wilson look now...when BB passed up a chance to add a good, young DT? 

All I want BB to draft with picks 1 and 3 from now on is DL. When he does that we win. The rest can be filled with FA, UDFA and draft. This is if he drafts D. The O works just fine with Brady here.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

i wouldn't be surprised if he was cut within 2 weeks. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he is gone by the end of the weekend.

Perhaps an insurance policy if  Dobson/Thompkins/Amendola all can't go. all 3 are on the injury list for this week.

Or perhaps the veteran presence BB should have went with right out of the gate, instead of relying on clueless rookies.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Good. This was something I suggested weeks ago.

I'd be more impressed if something were done to address the glaring need at DT. How does wasting that 48th overall pick in 2012 on Tavon Wilson look now...when BB passed up a chance to add a good, young DT? 

BB has a bushel basket of terrible picks to choose from.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

Collie is a very good receiver, but admittedly, I would rather not see him play. 

Fans in Indy were seriously concerned about this guy's life after the concussions he had.  They didn't just wobble him, they knocked him stiff and out. 

The guy is fearless in a not so smart way.  I hope he helps you guys and manages to stay away from hits. 

That's exactly what worries me. Another WR that can get hurt on the next big hit. 

so where's he at ?  Recovered fully from the patella tendon tear ?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

I really do not understand this signing.  The Jets took him in for a look, they didn't even want the guy.   With all the injuries the Patriots have, you would think they would sign a more  durable player.

Back in '82, I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile.

How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Sounds like a stop gap if Amendola, Dobson, and Thompkins are all out. I don't expect him to stick for the season unless some of our receivers are headed for IR. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

In response to UD6's comment:

That's exactly what worries me. Another WR that can get hurt on the next big hit. 

so where's he at ?  Recovered fully from the patella tendon tear ?

as far as I know.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:

I really do not understand this signing.  The Jets took him in for a look, they didn't even want the guy.   With all the injuries the Patriots have, you would think they would sign a more  durable player.

Back in '82, I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile.

How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

Sounds great, Bustchise. Maybe it's because the Jets are morons? They signed David Nelson who Buffalo and Cleveland didn't want.  

Collie has talent, he's just had a rash of injuries.

I don't think anyone said he does not have talent, have they?  Can he stay on the field?  He is one hit away from being a veggie salad, that is the issue.   You seem to always dodge the real issues.  But that seems pretty normal for you.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

No way he can learn "The Super Hard" playbook well enough, in 3 days, to provide any sort of insurance other then running simple routes.  Probably would of been better to sign Sims, at least he's been in the system and doesn't have brain injury issues.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

No, Bustchise.  There are many WRs in this league who have concussions. I am well aware of his bad luck in his career.

David Nelson also has injury issues.  There aren't many FA WRs available on the market, which is the point of this.

DeAndre Hopkins already had a concussion and has faded in his last couple of games. If he aggravates it again, so quickly, he could end up like Collie.

You act like every single injury is only a Pats related problem, Bustchise. It's not.

Your own WR, Santonio Holmes is out a month and maybe for the season with that Lisfranc injury hidden underneath his hammy problem.

Enjoy!

I don't care about Holmes or Hopkins, I only care about the Patriots.  I think it is a very bad decesion to sign him in the first place, you don't?  Maybe you should read these:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1344983-austin-collie-must-retire-or-indianapolis-colts-must-force-decision-for-him

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/19883912/why-is-concussionprone-austin-collie-still-in-nfl-hes-like-his-dad

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2012/8/20/3255179/after-latest-concussion-austin-collie-must-seriously-consider-hanging

I cannot believe you would spin this any other way.  Bad decision by the Patriots to sign this guy.  Why do they sign so many players who get hurt all the time? 

And why do you care so much about other teams players, Holmes, Hopkins?  Do you feel the need to have to always bring up other players and teams in order to defend our team and  cover up our teams questionable decisions?  Why do you have such a hard time accepting that our team does have some shortcomings?  

I bet you set at home by yourself every Sunday and watch the game, I certainly don't see why anoyone would want to be around you.  

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to nyjetsssucc's comment:

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:

No, Bustchise.  There are many WRs in this league who have concussions. I am well aware of his bad luck in his career.

David Nelson also has injury issues.  There aren't many FA WRs available on the market, which is the point of this.

DeAndre Hopkins already had a concussion and has faded in his last couple of games. If he aggravates it again, so quickly, he could end up like Collie.

You act like every single injury is only a Pats related problem, Bustchise. It's not.

Your own WR, Santonio Holmes is out a month and maybe for the season with that Lisfranc injury hidden underneath his hammy problem.

Enjoy!

I don't care about Holmes or Hopkins, I only care about the Patriots.  I think it is a very bad decesion to sign him in the first place, you don't?  Maybe you should read these:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1344983-austin-collie-must-retire-or-indianapolis-colts-must-force-decision-for-him

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/19883912/why-is-concussionprone-austin-collie-still-in-nfl-hes-like-his-dad

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2012/8/20/3255179/after-latest-concussion-austin-collie-must-seriously-consider-hanging

I cannot believe you would spin this any other way.  Bad decision by the Patriots to sign this guy.  Why do they sign so many players who get hurt all the time? 

And why do you care so much about other teams players, Holmes, Hopkins?  Do you feel the need to have to always bring up other players and teams in order to defend our team and  cover up our teams questionable decisions?  Why do you have such a hard time accepting that our team does have some shortcomings?  

I bet you set at home by yourself every Sunday and watch the game, I certainly don't see why anoyone would want to be around you.  

How about the two great leaders of the NY Jets, Mark Sanchez (BUTTFUMBLE I) and Geno Smith (BUTTFUMBLE II) ???

Bustchise/Uncle Rico/Fletcherbrook/section136/phatrex/fatsam/whodeawhodat/BungaloBill/DontQuestionBB are all the same Jet Troll...BEWARE OF THE FAILURE THAT HE BRINGSSSSSSS, AFTER ALL, HE'S A JETS FAN......BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

You are wasting your time and space in every thread.  I am not a jets fan, I am not bustchise, funny that you and rusty think I am, shows how much that guy is in your heads.  Sad, very sad that you would let someone like that get to you like he apparently does.  the two of you are mental midgets letting him get the better of you.

Sections
Shortcuts