pats sign Deltha O'neal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wheaty2. Show wheaty2's posts

pats sign Deltha O'neal

i think this is a good signing at least now we have more than ellis hobbs. not trying to bash hobbs but i cant see him being our #1 corner so hopefully o'neal will work out well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

pats sign Deltha O'neal

Pats sign O'Neal; other moves too
    Link|Comments (1) Posted by Mike Reiss, Globe Staff September 1, 2008 10:50 AM

The Patriots announced the signing of free-agent cornerback Deltha O'Neal this morning.
    The team released tight end Stephen Spach to make room for O'Neal on the roster.
    The Patriots also announced the signing of guard Jacob Bender and tight end Tyson DeVree to the practice squad, and confirmed that tight end Jason Pociask and offensive tackle Mark LeVoir were claimed on waivers. Pociask and LeVoir are now on the 53-man active roster.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nicks120. Show nicks120's posts

pats sign Deltha O'neal

The pats are now the team to beat!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from u240robert. Show u240robert's posts

pats sign Deltha O'neal

Ehh, Im not a O'neal fan at all.
    Although he did play a big part in
    one of my all time Patriot wins,
    the safety-come from behind victory
    over Denver several yrs ago.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulK3. Show PaulK3's posts

pats sign Deltha O'neal

This is an easily damaged backfield, with tiny flyweight corners such as Wilhite who play well while they're on the field but they don't last. Cornerback health has always been an issue with the Patriots. That's why Troy Brown had to play so much nickel. That's why three-way Matthew Slater made the team. Then there are the Patriots' complete walk-on cornerbacks.

Safety Tank Williams is gone. Can't remember which CB is on the PUP list. BB has holes to fill.

So, even if O'Neal is a bit old and banged up, he can still fit into the big vending machine. I have no idea if he'll start but he's much better than calling in Hank Poteat from some non-football job.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tedyaz2. Show tedyaz2's posts

pats sign Deltha O'neal

who cares?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NatickPats. Show NatickPats's posts

pats sign Deltha O'neal

I do!!!! We F'n nEDDED him...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

pats sign Deltha O'neal

[Quote]who cares?[/Quote] Troll Away

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from codered43092. Show codered43092's posts

pats sign Deltha O'neal

wilhite has 24, and players could care less about numbers

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

pats sign Deltha O'neal

very happy with the O'Neil signing, shocked and happy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

pats sign Deltha O'neal

What worries me is Delta was the number 4 CB on the Bangles depth chart...the #4! We did not sign some stud 1st string CB but hopefully he still has something left. I like Delta but when i heard he had fallen to #4 on their depth chart that was a big red flag. Anyone else find it funny that we are a week away from the opener and all of a sudden the trolls come out from under their rocks?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinniSoxFan. Show MinniSoxFan's posts

pats sign Deltha O'neal

Finally, a corner who is physical enough to provide effective press coverage. THANK YOU.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

pats sign Deltha O'neal

I think Wheatley is #3 and O'Neal starts in the nickel. He has been very good in the nickel. That is his strength.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

Re: pats sign Deltha O'neal

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I beleive this is a bogus report,for not one sport outlet recognizes it.not to mention why would they sign this guy.he stunk last season.i would  rather see them sign ty law.here is the latest pats twitter.

http://nwe.scout.com/a.z?s=121&p=2&c=870305

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Moss,  sday4x45 bumped a thread from 9/1/08.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

I beleive this is a bogus report,for not one sport outlet recognizes it.not to mention why would they sign this guy.he stunk last season.i would  rather see them sign ty law.here is the latest pats twitter. http://nwe.scout.com/a.z?s=121&p=2&c=870305
    Posted by mosseffect43

lol check the date on the other posts... 2008

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Got me.ive never thought to look at the date,figureing it would be something new.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Is there any reason why these random old threads keep poping up?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

It's funny to look at this though.  I really thought it was a good deal - him and Fernando Bryant...and Duane Starks.

I think we've learned the Pats are better off siging free agent wide receivers, running backs and linebackers.  Other than that the Pats are money in the draft.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

i think this is a good signing at least now we have more than ellis hobbs. not trying to bash hobbs but i cant see him being our #1 corner so hopefully o'neal will work out well.
    Posted by wheaty2
    This just validates that the Pats have huge problems in the secondary. O'Neal stunk last year. He has been a flop most of his career. We have the worst secondary in the division.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Is there any reason why these random old threads keep poping up?
    Posted by MVPkilla

Someone has to "bump" them. Probably a troll. It's sad that some people have no life and go digging through all these old threads just to bring them back to the top!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

This just validates that the Pats have huge problems in the secondary. O'Neal stunk last year. He has been a flop most of his career. We have the worst secondary in the division.
    Posted by BostonBobBlowhard

HAD....The Pats have vastly improved this year....trust me.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Someone has to "bump" them. Probably a troll. It's sad that some people have no life and go digging through all these old threads just to bring them back to the top!
    Posted by bubthegrub2

Actually, I looked up the guy's posts that bumped this thread.....he looks to be a Celts fan....I would assume that he is a Pats fan as well and was just being funny.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

I feel like i've been rick rolled...

Sections
Shortcuts