Pats sign FB Polite

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Re: Pats sign FB Polite

I think we now know why they signed Polite.  With Brady playing injured yet again, and needing to get hit less often, Polite will presumably block on passes and allow the Pats to run the ball more to take pressure off of Brady.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Remembering that they could find fault with the guy and dump him tomorrow, I'll say a couple of good things:

Polite is a Dolphin.  Right now the Fins are playing better than the Jets, and could easily be the Patriots' main contender next year.  Their discards are probably pretty good.  Always steal from your rivals.  Try him out now, sign him soon and then nobody else can sign him away in February.  Ask him next September what he knows of various Phin player weaknesses.

In addition, Polite is a Tuna guy, and Belichick is a Tuna disciple.  Polite couldn't be that bad to stick around so long.  As was pointed out above, he has stats.   

Polite has experience so he can play on Sunday.  There's a decent chance that Polite was cut in September because he was injured.  After 3 months, maybe he's not so injured right now.  Maybe there's nothing wrong with him except he hasn't been given a chance.  What has BB to lose?  Not a draft pick, not a big signing bonus, maybe an airline ticket and a week's NFLPA minimum wage salary for a vet.

Aaron Hernandez is a big wide receiver who can block OK, which is great but at the NFL level he's not quite a fullback and barely an H-back.  Behind Gronk and Hernandez there's nobody big, in case New England wants to go quite big against some shrimpy but fast defense.  An experienced backup for Hernandez doesn't hurt either.

Polite is different than Hernandez.  He's one more changeup pitch in the arsenal, something else to throw the defense's timing off.  He's a hard-blocking hole hitter.  It's the changing up from play to play that destroys a defense's timing, that puts the defense back on their heels.

It's supposed to be winter.  Maybe a huge methane release cancelled this winter, but the calendar says it's time for sleet and snow games in Foxboro.  That means get the running game going.  So, for those third and short situations, get an experienced all-around fullback, someone who can hit with a running start, can run-block a linebacker in the hole, can pass-block for Brady, can maybe slide out for a 6 yard screen pass, can bounce an underweight free safety against the turf like a paddleball. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Let's hope his blocking isn't like his last name we don't want Polite we want rude and nasty.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: Pats sign FB Polite:
    I think we now know why they signed Polite.  With Brady playing injured yet again, and needing to get hit less often, Polite will presumably block on passes and allow the Pats to run the ball more to take pressure off of Brady.
    Posted by chrisakawoody

and brady with 1 arm may not beallowed to sneak for teh rest of the year (injured left arm. cant even raise it)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

I see said the blind man.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbear3915. Show mbear3915's posts

Hope he still has the skills ... we'll see on Sunday!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Polite and Ridley would be a tough running backfield.

+1 Thats the first thing I thought.

Sections
Shortcuts