Pats sign free agent running back Bolden

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from funinCA. Show funinCA's posts

Pats sign free agent running back Bolden

Brandon Bolden will make the team and will turn out to be a faster and stronger Ben Jarvis. Bolden likes contact and is shifty enough for long gainers. Addai if healthy will be a asset.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from funinCA. Show funinCA's posts

Re: Pats sign free agent running back Bolden

In Response to Re: Pats sign free agent running back Bolden:
    [QUOTE]I said the same thing before the draft. I just want someone to comfirm he is signed. I kept hearing conficting reports about him signing w/ the skins. Any have a link saying he DID sign here?
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from funinCA. Show funinCA's posts

Extra points same article that has Addai signing,  The Patriots signed Mississippi running back Brandon Bolden to a free-agent contract after the draft.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Addai won't make the cut, if he does, Vereen will be IR or PUP. I see 4 RBs. Ridley, Addai or Vereen (only one, not both and Vereen only locks a spot if he can pass protect), Woodhead and Bolden.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

I know they brought in two fullbacks as FAs, but I am not convinced either makes the cut. I think they take the best five backs into the season, and it could be 4/1 or 5/0. Bolden and Ridley are both big enough to provide a modified FB look in a two back set if they were to go 5/0, and you always have LB, TE, OL, or DL for the jumbo packages.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from funinCA. Show funinCA's posts

[QUOTE]I know they brought in two fullbacks as FAs, but I am not convinced either makes the cut. I think they take the best five backs into the season, and it could be 4/1 or 5/0. Bolden and Ridley are both big enough to provide a modified FB look in a two back set if they were to go 5/0, and you always have LB, TE, OL, or DL for the jumbo packages.
    Posted by mia76[/QUOTE]

If the Pats had a 1200 yard running back{s}, they would be tough too stop. I like Ridley, I think Bolden is a sleeper, if his head is on straight. I don't see the fullback working in this offense. Your right about the jumbo packages. Superbowl victory is a very strong possibility.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

In Response to Pats sign free agent running back Bolden:
    [QUOTE]Brandon Bolden will make the team and will turn out to be a faster and stronger Ben Jarvis. Bolden likes contact and is shifty enough for long gainers. Addai if healthy will be a asset.
    Posted by funinCA[/QUOTE]
    For Bolden to make the team, he will have to have an extraordinary pre-seasom. If he is only on par with Woodhead, Riddley Vereen, he will be cut.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from funinCA. Show funinCA's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Pats sign free agent running back Bolden : For Bolden to make the team, he will have to have an extraordinary pre-seasom. If he is only on par with Woodhead, Riddley Vereen, he will be cut.
    Posted by viewer222[/QUOTE]

From looking at some film and reading, it looks like Bolden and Ridley. Woodhead and Addai, Vereen on ir. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from funinCA. Show funinCA's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats sign free agent running back Bolden : From looking at some film and reading, it looks like Bolden and Ridley. Woodhead and Addai, Vereen on ir. 

From Bleacher report: Bolden wasn't nearly as accomplished as Green-Ellis, but he is built like Green-Ellis, measuring in at 5'11", 222 lbs at the combine. His surprising 38-inch vertical was second best among all backs at the combine, indicating rare explosiveness for a bigger back. The combine invitation itself is a sign that he was considered draft worthy and was one of the top undrafted free agents. 

Bolden had 27 career rushing touchdowns, which could put him in the running to be the Patriots' short-yardage back if he can make the team. Stevan Ridley got in the doghouse with fumbles late last season, and head coach Bill Belichick won't tolerate that problem for much longer. Bolden's eight career fumbles in under 600 career touches in college isn't a reassuring number, but at least they didn't come in a Patriots uniform.

With Green-Ellis having no fumbles during his run as a Patriot, ball security will be a must for anyone looking to earn a job in the backfield. If Bolden can show more consistency in that area than Ridley, while generating just as much power, he might make the final roster, or at least the practice squad, which was where Green-Ellis ended up after his first camp with New England.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Keeping a FB with some decent blocking skills that could contribute on special teams or be part of a goaline set would be a good idea. I like this signing. Dennard in the 7th surprised me. I expected him to fall, but not nearly as precipitously as he did on draft day.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats sign free agent running back Bolden : From looking at some film and reading, it looks like Bolden and Ridley. Woodhead and Addai, Vereen on ir. 

Why would Vareen be put on IR?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

BB is really doing his due diligence this season. helps to have JMcD back reloading the offense too

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats sign free agent running back Bolden : Why would Vareen be put on IR?
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Agree, why would Vereen (our 2nd round pick last year be put on IR this year to bring on JA....Vereen will probably be our feature back this year...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Just a word on Vereen. Don't count him out. I watched him play n college, he is fast, sneaky fast, explossive around the corners. He's got MVP type of abilities. He played in the PAC 10, before it was the PAC-12, its not an easy place for running backs like him to play.