Pats sign Kendall Simmons

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from munichpatsfan. Show munichpatsfan's posts

Pats sign Kendall Simmons

just reported on rotoworld

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

Re: Pats sign Kendall Simmons

thats an interesting move

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

in case there is an injury down the road

I thought maybe they brought him in to evaluate him since his achilles injury

I am surprised by the signing

think the pats trade away any olineman?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

I have not seen this confirmed anywhere yet.. The Pats are already carrying 6 interior lineman why sign another??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from munichpatsfan. Show munichpatsfan's posts

In Response to Re: Pats sign Kendall Simmons:
    in case there is an injury down the road I thought maybe they brought him in to evaluate him since his achilles injury I am surprised by the signing think the pats trade away any olineman?
    Posted by steve1581

Good question. Simmons can play center and guard. So maybe they have an offer for Wendell or Conolly. Don´t think they are trading one of the starting five.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

I agree and those were my thoughts exactly

This has been reported on Rotoworld and Nfl.com

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

Kendall Simmons? Who is next...Pete Kendall??? We lose Seymour and add Kendall Simmons??? Who is minding the liquor cabinet at BB's office?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

Just reported by ESPN that NE and K.Simmons have agreed to a deal.The formerly out of work Simmons was unavailable for comment as he was attempting to upgrade his Labor Day pic-nic menu from chicken dogs and Schaeffer to lobster and Dom Perignon.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

lol

I disagree. I loved Seymour/Bruschi/Vrabel/Rodney/Izzo/Paxton but its time....

Bill is ushering in a new era

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

there is going to be more wheelin and dealin

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

We need to trade on OL or two for a stud OLB or corner or both.  I see us in a 4-3 next year for sure with Warren, folk, wright, burgess/green starting, and pryor, brace TBC and burgess/green backing up.  A stud OLB would make the transition complete in short order.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Solid pickup, looks like the Pats want to revamp this O-Line!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Jason La CanforaJasonLaCanfora-Kendall Simmons deal with the Patriots is for 3 years

That seems like a long time for a "backup"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Kendall Simmons? Who is next...Pete Kendall??? We lose Seymour and add Kendall Simmons??? Who is minding the liquor cabinet at BB's office?
    Posted by BostonBobBlowhard

Cleveland Brown bob Blowshard why dont you go back to Ohio and tinckle with erics mangina

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

lol I disagree. I loved Seymour/Bruschi/Vrabel/Rodney/Izzo/Paxton but its time.... Bill is ushering in a new era
    Posted by steve1581
    nothing wrong with adding new parts,but if you rush it in to fast,or to much,it can back fire.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Simmons was a good player in Ptittsburgh. If he's fully healed, he'd be the top back-up at guard.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from iclaudius. Show iclaudius's posts

I disagree with the idea (and presented almost as a given) that keeping the starting 5 o-line is sacrosanct.

We let through a LEAGUE HIGH sacks last year (42 or 47) with that starting 5.

They are definitely upgradeable. They are guarding precious property.
    I have seen a marked decline in their performance - in a way - echoing Seymour's trajectory.
    We did ourselves a service by adding a superior blocking TE. Yet the starting 5's game performance this preseason was not improved over last year, and it is beginning to get me nervous.

Last time I shared a cold one with him, BB said that he would think about it, and lemme know later.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

Anybody think they are trading neal or mankins who are both FA's?  Love to get another CB or OLB for a starting OG.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from iclaudius. Show iclaudius's posts

Anybody think they are trading neal or mankins who are both FA's?  Love to get another CB or OLB for a starting OG.
    Posted by adam4522

That would be a tough one.
    They are both solid B+ to A- players, and yet they both are giving up sacks-a-plenty.

Is it concentration?

Is it that they are consistently overpwered?

Does anybody else see this?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

People need to stop obsessing with CBs and at this point.... olbs as well.

Linebackers are not readily available and this is a 4-3 defense. IN a 3-4 the pats could have used reserves in a 4-3 the line is more important and the pats can get by with what they have. A 4-3 allows mayo to roam. He will have huge year. Adalius thomas has never really stood out but he is no slouch and Guyton will surprise this year.

As far as CBS

The pats have a solid group. They just need to tighten it up.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLACFAN. Show FLACFAN's posts

I think this means Wendell will be cut.  I'm surprised he made the roster anyways.
    He is too small 6' 2" 295.

Sections
Shortcuts