pats sign pass

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

pats sign pass

I dont understand this signing at all.and they cut DL kenny smith.which i thought was a solid back-up.

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/patriots/index.php/2009/06/04/pats-bring-back-patrick-pass-cut-four-others/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re: pats sign pass

This camp competition and with Taylor, Maroney, Faulk, Green-Ellis and Pass that is plenty of camp competition. Always pays to have two FBs that can pick up the blitz and kill the clock.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

I busted out laughing when I saw that the Pats had signed him up again.  He's just one whammie hammie pull away from the dawg house again.....

IMHO, pats should be doing other stuff apart from the RB game....like signing Wilfork to a long-term contract. Guys like Wilfork are hard to replace.  I'm ok w/ letting Seymour go.

LOL :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Haven't seen the wire. This is a head scratcher.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

i agree with the pass thing seriously wth? I think Kenny Smith kinda got displaced by brace and some of the other rookies, he was a fringe roster guy anyway. Just cause its interesting the pasts have 11 D-men thats pretty much 4 deep on the depth chart (thats a lot), they usually carry 6 on game day and 1 on the practice squad so thats probs another reason smith got the axe

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Kenny Smith is behind Wilfork, Warren, Seymour, Green, Wright, Le Kevin Smith, Brace, Pryor, Richard, and Adams. His roster spot is certainly expendable.

In any case, Pass was replacing Cuff who was released. Pass may make the team as the fifth back or not. He at least brings back experience in the system and some success. This acquisition isn't exactly going to hurt the cap or take over a roster spot for someone more deserving. There isn't much to question with this.

The one move that was surprising was the release of safety Marcus McClinton, one of the Pats priority undrafted free agents. That may say something about Matt Slater's progress at the position.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Agree with everything you said Kyle, I'd also say the only place Slater has looked good in his short time with the PAT's has been on defense as a safety.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

they just signed pass for the preseason so he can retire as a patriot, thus ending his illustrious career back where he started. the past two seasons playing "elsewhere" he has been legendary. look for his number to be retired and at least two patrick pass fan appreciation days this season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

This is a perplexing move.  The Pats are a great team, and BB is a true Jedi of football, but they do occasionally make some real strange moves.  Sometimes those seemingly strange moves make sense later on, and other times they simply do not; even after time passes.  This would seem to be one of them.  I learned in the Army that usually when someone you respect and consider intelligent makes a seemingly "strange" decision, there is often some piece of information you do not know.  I'd love to know what the "Paul Harvey Rest of the Story" is on this.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

he's training camp fodder. no more than that. we need to keep taylor, morris, faulk, and maroney fresh. these guys are all fragile or old and need to keep their reps down. pass can come in and provide training camp depth as he knows the system, thats that. there is no jedi roster trick going on here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

You don't need to see his papers.

This is not the fullback you are looking for.

He can go about his business.

Move along.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Pass will probably be competing with Law-firm for the last roster spot.  Or he was picked up to take Evans' old spot.

As I recall, Pass was a good player.  He can run ok, catch well and block well....he will help the Pats this season with the spread offense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

thats just it the pats have never really had a true fullback.the guys we had were small,and used in the passing game.most fullbacks are used for leading the runningback,or in pass protection.how many times have we seen the pats bring in seymour,or another DL man to clear a path for the runningback?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

The Pats are just throwing some names in the mix at H-Back.

They always carry one.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Pass has been out of football for like 3 years, he was not playing anywhere and he is not importent enough that we would sign him just so he could retire a pat that is a bad theory. we signed him cause we dont have a pure FB on the team and he is a FB and he knows the system or he know the old system. He wont make the team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I dont understand this signing at all.and they cut DL kenny smith.which i thought was a solid back-up. http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/patriots/index.php/2009/06/04/pats-bring-back-patrick-pass-cut-four-others/
    Posted by mosseffect43
    im still not understanding this whole scenario.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2009/06/patrick_pass_re.html

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joshkp55. Show joshkp55's posts

he just got cut after spending 6 1/2 days with the team, well that expieriment went well...

Sections
Shortcuts