Pats Sign Vollmer, and Richard

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Pats Sign Vollmer, and Richard

The Globe has reported that 7th round pick Darryl Richard, and 2nd rounder Sebastien "Sea-bass" Vollmer are just about done deals: http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2009/07/16/richard
    _vollmer_land_patriot_deals/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Re: Pats Sign Vollmer, and Richard

You would think late rounders would be rather eager to sign just about anything.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

In Response to Pats Sign Vollmer, and Richard:
    [QUOTE]     The Globe has reported that 7th round pick Darryl Richard, and 2nd rounder Sebastien "Sea-bass" Vollmer are just about done deals: http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2009/07/16/richard _vollmer_land_patriot_deals/
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Tex, I wouldn't be surprised to see Vollmer starting this season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

What's the story on this kid. All I know is he's a 6'8" monster. Has anyone out there seen this kid play? If so, let's hear it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

If he starts its at right tackle not left. no way he beats out Matt Light in his first year as a pro.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Sebastian Vollmer

Sebastian Vollmer

Player Profile

Class:
    RS Senior

Hometown:
    Kaarst, Germany

High School:
    Quirinus Gymnasium

Height / Weight:
    6-8 / 315

Position:
    Offensive Lineman

Birthdate:
    07/10/1984

Experience:
    3L

• 2008 All-Conference USA First Team
    • 2007 All-Conference USA Honorable Mention (Coaches)

SENIOR (2008) 
    One of only eight players to start all 13 games... one sack allowed in 610 passing attempts... 52 knockdown blocks... started each of last 26 games at left tackle... member of offensive front that piled up more than 40 points and more than 560 yards of total offense per game... helped offense record nine games with more than 500 yards of total offense, six games with more than 600 yards and one 700-yard game against C-USA rival UTEP... opened holes for rushing attack that racked up nearly 2,100 yards and 23 touchdowns.

JUNIOR (2007) 
    Member of offensive line that compiled more than 500.0 yards of total offense and more than 34.0 points per game... started all 13 games at left tackle... one of 12 players to start all 13 games... Cougars recorded at least 400 yards of total offense in 11 games and at least 500 yards in seven games... helped lead team to season-best 748 yards of total offense against C-USA rival Rice... made his first career start at Oregon during the season opener.

SOPHOMORE (2006) 
    Was forced to miss the entire season with a back injury.

REDSHIRT FRESHMAN (2005) 
    Appeared in eight games as a reserve... played both tackle and tight end... was on special teams as well... made his first collegiate appearance as a reserve on the offensive line against Sam Houston State... appeared in the backfield and on the offensive front against Tulane. Fort Worth Bowl: Saw action against Kansas.

FRESHMAN (2004)
    Sat out as a redshirt.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Thanks Harley. One sack allowed in 610 attempts. I don't care which conference you play in, that's quite a stat.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I'll be watching sea bass very closely in the pre-season. With all the contracts up at the end of the season some one will have to step up. Signing and drafting a versatile player like Edelman also a smart move. Tate, as previously stated, will start on the PUP, but has huge upside both as return man and eventually #3 or 4 receiver. NOW LET"S SIGN CHUNG AND BRACE!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Here's the line on Louis Vasquez of SD-
    56 pancakes and no sacks allowed during senior season ... Excellent size, good strength ... second-team all-district honors following junior season ... clocked at 5.2 in the forty ... benches 385, squats 450 and has a power clean of 310
    benched 39 times at the combine

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

Jbolted- that also is pretty good, not going to lie. One must also take in to consideration that Vollomer really never played a down of football until college, so he is still raw, and if that is raw, well I really want to see refined.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I expect nothing out of this week except a bunch of rookies all signing, with no holdouts for the Patriots.

This year I expect little enough out of Chung, Butler and Vollmer.  They all need at least a year before they can tie their shoes.  Brace might start pushing and grunting in September, as part of the rotation.  Brandon Tate might break through after he gets off of the PUP list in late October.  Edelman is a tough young wild card, but really he's a seventh rounder who can't play quarterback in his first year.  Edelman and Butler might return kickoffs.  Every other rookie has no chance of making a splash, not this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Excellent hopefully Chung and Brace will sign within the next few weeks. Been a great week so far for rookie signings.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Sign Vollmer, and Richard:
    [QUOTE]Tex, I wouldn't be surprised to see Vollmer starting this season.
    Posted by Grogan77[/QUOTE]

I believe that this guy is going to be huge...no pun intended.  Obviously, he just needs to learn the league, etc...  Perhaps, he's another Mankins, so to speak?  Methinks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Here's the current Rotoworld write up on Vollmer. Awesome if he can be future LT and play for a decade.

Patriots signed rookie OT Sebastian Vollmer, the No. 58 overall pick, to a four-year contract.
    More proof that the Pats will keep their throw-heavy approach for a long time, Vollmer projects as a superb pass protector once he develops. He played in a pass-first spread at Houston, and the converted tight end possesses ideal athleticism. He could replace Matt Light at left tackle by 2011.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]Jbolted- that also is pretty good, not going to lie. One must also take in to consideration that Vollomer really never played a down of football until college, so he is still raw, and if that is raw, well I really want to see refined.
    Posted by thejoshuatree28[/QUOTE]
     If Vollmer is 'coached up', could be an excellent find for the Pats. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Whoever said that Sea Bass had not played a down of football till college is way wrong! I dont know hwo you missed this as they have been talking about him in depth for weeks now but the guy won two high school championships in Germany before he went on to Houston to play ball. He deffently played football before college. The knock on him is that he didnt start playing till he was 14 years old but that just mean he didnt play pee wee football it has ntohing to do with his high school game or his college game. This kid will be a beast. I know its crazy early but with his size and talent and teh coaches around him I think he has Hall of Fame LT writen all over him but I am getting ahead of myself he has not even played a game yet.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

[QUOTE]Whoever said that Sea Bass had not played a down of football till college is way wrong! I dont know hwo you missed this as they have been talking about him in depth for weeks now but the guy won two high school championships in Germany before he went on to Houston to play ball. He deffently played football before college. The knock on him is that he didnt start playing till he was 14 years old but that just mean he didnt play pee wee football it has ntohing to do with his high school game or his college game. This kid will be a beast. I know its crazy early but with his size and talent and teh coaches around him I think he has Hall of Fame LT writen all over him but I am getting ahead of myself he has not even played a game yet.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

Yea it's easy to get a little ahead of ourselves right now. But we'll coach him up and with his size..I mean cmon 6'8"! This kid is already a beast. A monster. VOLLENSTEIN!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

[QUOTE]Whoever said that Sea Bass had not played a down of football till college is way wrong! I dont know hwo you missed this as they have been talking about him in depth for weeks now but the guy won two high school championships in Germany before he went on to Houston to play ball. He deffently played football before college. The knock on him is that he didnt start playing till he was 14 years old but that just mean he didnt play pee wee football it has ntohing to do with his high school game or his college game. This kid will be a beast. I know its crazy early but with his size and talent and teh coaches around him I think he has Hall of Fame LT writen all over him but I am getting ahead of myself he has not even played a game yet.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]
    My bad, but German high school football is probably not comparable to US HS football especially the better teams, also he was a TE until he got to college, then played on the line, and being a TE is different from an OT so he would still have had a learning curve. There is a reason that scouts were calling him raw

Sections
Shortcuts