Pats sign Washington!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Pats sign Washington!

Wait a 31 yr old KR/PR... this signing couldn't wait a couple weeks but finding a LCB, SS, Z WR, DT can wait?

someone help me here...

Patriots signed KR/PR Leon Washington, formerly of the Seahawks.

Washington is going on age 31 and seems to no longer be viewed as a viable change-of-pace back on offense, but he can still break long returns. In 2012, Washington ranked second in the league in kickoff return average (29.0) among returners with at least 20 attempts. He also took a 98-yarder to the house. Washington was less effective on punts, averaging 8.7 yards per return.

Mar 14 - 6:21 PM

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Re: Pats sign Washington!

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Wait a 31 yr old KR/PR... this signing couldn't wait a couple weeks but finding a LCB, SS, Z WR, DT can wait?

someone help me here...

Washington is going on age 31 and seems to no longer be viewed as a viable change-of-pace back on offense, but he can still break long returns. In 2012, Washington ranked second in the league in kickoff return average (29.0) among returners with at least 20 attempts. He also took a 98-yarder to the house. Washington was less effective on punts, averaging 8.7 yards per return. Related:  Seahawks   Source:  Leon Washington on Twitter Mar 14 - 6:21 PM

I'm with you my friend

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

someone help me here...

Washington is going on age 31 and seems to no longer be viewed as a viable change-of-pace back on offense, but he can still break long returns. In 2012, Washington ranked second in the league in kickoff return average (29.0) among returners with at least 20 attempts. He also took a 98-yarder to the house. Washington was less effective on punts, averaging 8.7 yards per return. Related:  Seahawks   Source:  Leon Washington on Twitter Mar 14 - 6:21 PM

the brilliant one at work

get 2 top cbs and best pass rusher while still avail

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

it still fills a monster need. our kick returns havent even been high school level the last few years.

yes we have bigger needs, absolutely but this was a major one, now taken care of.

something tells me BB and the staff are aware we need cb and s help as well as dt help.... i think we will end up being fine. patience guys patience.

Sections
Shortcuts