Pats Signings

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Pats Signings

In response to pcmIV's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Sounds like Goldson to Tampa. Lots of good names coming of the board quickly. That's what I was afaird of. I know it's the Pats M.O. but they always overpay for mid teir players and never to get the big names. When was the last time that worked for the Pats (over paying for aging mid teir players)?

Are you serious?  This has been great so far.  A lot of money being thrown at players we didn't want anyways (offensive lineman, tight ends and high priced WR).  Almost all of the secondary depth is still there and one of our guys have been signed.  Not to mention a lot of DL still.

I want Goldson!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

As expected Mike Wallace has an agreement with Miami. This makes you guys nervous? Hes a burner and their QB has an arm.

not really ..they had Brandon Marshall and wallace is kind of same guy . only question is Tannnehill  a better QB.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Everybody can sleep better at night -- Hooman is back.  Whoohooo...

I know it's early in FA, was hoping for something a little more exciting. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Pats doing very well... imagine if we see tomorrow Talib sign with redskins too bad

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Rumor is the Colts making a strong push for Talib

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Rumor is the Colts making a strong push for Talib

ill be pretty p.issed if that happens....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

The good think is that the defenders aren't gone yet

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Sometimes I think the Pats are too smart for their own good underestimating the market and having the settle for pulling in a ton of camp bodies and hoping players can be coached up. Still a number of good players out there but I'd be pissed if they don't get a starting caliber WR, LCB, and SS and add depth to G now, another CB would be nice, and another WR 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Greg Toler sign with the Colts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I'm looking forward to next weeks value picks when we finally decide to get involved In the process. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Sean Smith, Brent Grimes, Aqib Talib, DRC, Nnamdi and Captain Munnerlyn(SP?) are still available so dont start panicking. We need one or maybe two CBs and there is some quality guys still out there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

LOL, Patriots asleep at the wheel. Jedi mind tricks

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

BB know what he is doing.

It's not flashy

he doesn't need to go about and over pay for gguys'll could see a Ed reed deal hhappening 

we will get a ccorner hopefully welker back

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Patience!  Pats never dive in right away.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:

Patience!  Pats never dive in right away.....

Patience is the key when it comes to the pats actually trying to sign players. I bet you could literally go crazy trying to anticipate when the pats will actually be buyers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Sources tell NFL.com that the Titans are shopping WR Nate Washington.

Washington is a gritty veteran and team leader, but he's owed $4.2 million in 2013 base salary. It's a lot to pay for someone that will play well behind both Kenny Britt and Kendall Wright. If the Titans can salvage a late-round pick for Washington, they'd be doing very well.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

Sources tell NFL.com that the Titans are shopping WR Nate Washington.

Washington is a gritty veteran and team leader, but he's owed $4.2 million in 2013 base salary. It's a lot to pay for someone that will play well behind both Kenny Britt and Kendall Wright. If the Titans can salvage a late-round pick for Washington, they'd be doing very well.

Id take washington as a welker replacement, especially at only 4.2 million for a year. He's a crafty veteran who knows how to get open.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

this is like waching the draft . pats draft 25+ . you watch for 4  hours and they trade back into the second round.

i am clicking off NFL network and going to local radio and listen to the b$%*&ing and moaning.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

Since 4 pm is closing in lets have one thread to announce all the signings and rumors.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Pats are always bargain shopping.  It works.  It's frustrating for fans, tho.

The "good" players, both blue chippers and role players alike, will come off the board early and at fat prices.  A few of the leftover "bad" players will be notably underpriced. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Show us some signings soon, BB.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

The Pats are always bargain shopping.  It works.  It's frustrating for fans, tho.

The "good" players, both blue chippers and role players alike, will come off the board early and at fat prices.  A few of the leftover "bad" players will be notably underpriced. 

The problem is it doesn't work. They spend a whole bunch of money on players that don't contribute every year and end up spending just as much for players they cut at the end of camp as they would have spent for their own players they lost. Just go down the years and how many of those FA's became starters or impacted the team? Lloyd? Gregory? Nink might be the only FA in the last 5 years to come on the team and have a significant impact on the team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I know noone is going to be happy with what I'm about to say but I think the Patriots are going to lose all 3 of the so called big three FA's of their own.Sorry to have be the one who says it but they will be outbid on all 3 players. Fortunately they only need to sign an above average DB and a wr or 2. If Vollmer leaves they will simply plug Cannon in at RT or Zuksevics plus the guy they draft will be an olineman. BB has been burned so many times in Free Agency he just doesn't like too spend big bucks on any FA's.It was fun watching WW but I fear he will be playing somewheres else next year. There is absolutely no way I invision BB coughing up 14 mil per season for him or 10 mil for Seabass and Talib though he's a very good player he ain't getting 8 mil plus per season in NE...C'est La vie!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I'm not too concerned with what happened (or didn't happen) yesterday, but I do hope we get at least one decent, somewhat proven CB and at least one decent WR before the free agency class is whittled down to JAGs.

I think it's important to be careful with the cap, but you also need talent, and BB may be a tad too conservative, at least based on playoff performance in recent years.  You also have to do a good job evaluating talent.  Ups and downs there over the past few years, with some good choices and some not too good.  We'll see this year.

25. This post has been removed.