Pats Soft = 1 and done in Playoffs.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SandyRowBelfast. Show SandyRowBelfast's posts

Pats Soft = 1 and done in Playoffs.

Take a good look at who they've played. Not 1 win against a top 7 team. And a creampuff schedule rest of the way. It's not the Pats fault for the schedule. WRs playing as safties isn't genious. It's because they are playing Div. 2 college football teams. I dare BB to put in Slater or Edelman as a safty against a top 7 team. Last years team was better and they got thier a** handed to them. Pats are soft and the regular season schedule that they played this year will ruin them in the playoffs. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: Pats Soft = 1 and done in Playoffs.

It must be lousy living a glass is half empty life. Sandy, the glass is half full!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

I agree with Sandy. I said it in 2007, don't let the record fool you. The defense will let them down. The genius coach is to blame for this mess...4 years to fix and it has gotten worse.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Pats Soft = 1 and done in Playoffs.:
    [QUOTE]Take a good look at who they've played. Not 1 win against a top 7 team. And a creampuff schedule rest of the way. It's not the Pats fault for the schedule. WRs playing as safties isn't genious. It's because they are playing Div. 2 college football teams. I dare BB to put in Slater or Edelman as a safty against a top 7 team. Last years team was better and they got thier a** handed to them. Pats are soft and the regular season schedule that they played this year will ruin them in the playoffs. 
    Posted by SandyRowBelfast[/QUOTE]

Well dillweed, they beat the Cowboys who are in 1st place in their division.
    The Packers beat one team in the top 7, Saints week 1
    The Saints beat one team, Houston.
    They are considered the leagues best...Looks pretty even to me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

The Pats are an excellent team.

But there is no denying that they play soft and lack intensity.

It's been that way for a few years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Quag and Pezz have their blinders on which is fine.  They are pats fans. 

Those pats fans that don't wear blinders understand the truth.  I don't care the method, a team can't win vs. a winless team by only 7 points and feel good about their prospects. 

Further, how are the pats going to get better playing the weak schedule they've got going forward? 

The good news for the pats is that all of the contenders in the AFC have serious flaws. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Soft = 1 and done in Playoffs.:
    [QUOTE]Quag and Pezz have their blinders on which is fine.  They are pats fans.  Those pats fans that don't wear blinders understand the truth.  I don't care the method, a team can't win vs. a winless team by only 7 points and feel good about their prospects.  Further, how are the pats going to get better playing the weak schedule they've got going forward?  The good news for the pats is that all of the contenders in the AFC have serious flaws. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Much rather have blinders than a bag over my head.
    Did you watch Eli play yesterday?  He's becoming quite the Qb.
    Certainly has a knack for coming from behind and embarrassing good teams.
    He might turn out to be the Best QB in his family.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

[QUOTE]Quag and Pezz have their blinders on which is fine.  They are pats fans.  Those pats fans that don't wear blinders understand the truth.  I don't care the method, a team can't win vs. a winless team by only 7 points and feel good about their prospects.  Further, how are the pats going to get better playing the weak schedule they've got going forward?  The good news for the pats is that all of the contenders in the AFC have serious flaws. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

I think your time would be better served reviewing the flaws of the team you root for.  You know, the team that is on the verge of going 0-16?  HOW the Pats beat the Colts is entirely irrelevant, they won the game and at one point were up 31-3.  Had they put their foot on the Colts throats - as they could have in this game (pretty sure they won't be relying on Edelman & Slater on D, mcCourty in his first game back in weeks and Jones in his first game with the team, once playoffs roll around), you would be here moaning about how classless BB is.  Truth is, you have no idea how the playoffs will turn out, and neither do we.  Your digs at the Pats are needless and a waste of time.  I feel a whole lot better about the Pats "prospects" then you should about the Colts.  But that's why you're here on a Pats board to begin with, isn't it?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Suck for Luck, then watch him turn into Ryan Leaf II.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]It must be lousy living a glass is half empty life. Sandy, the glass is half full!!
    Posted by Quagmire3[/QUOTE]

Unless the glass is in a vacuum then the glass is nether half full or half empty at any point. It's always full of something.

Sorry just the scientist in me coming out

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

I actually view the weak schedule as being a good opportunity to build continuity and confidence in basic zone and man concepts with all the replacements they have in the game lately.

If they got torn up on a week-to-week basis, all these young fill-ins would break and we'd have nothing, as in even worse off than we are now

And I'm okay with leading 31-3 for 50 minutes and slipping up.  Nobody's excited to play a winless team

Pittsburgh only won 23-20.  I heard nothing from you then.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats Soft = 1 and done in Playoffs. : I think your time would be better served reviewing the flaws of the team you root for.  You know, the team that is on the verge of going 0-16?  HOW the Pats beat the Colts is entirely irrelevant, they won the game and at one point were up 31-3.  Had they put their foot on the Colts throats - as they could have in this game (pretty sure they won't be relying on Edelman & Slater on D, mcCourty in his first game back in weeks and Jones in his first game with the team, once playoffs roll around), you would be here moaning about how classless BB is.  Truth is, you have no idea how the playoffs will turn out, and neither do we.  Your digs at the Pats are needless and a waste of time.  I feel a whole lot better about the Pats "prospects" then you should about the Colts.  But that's why you're here on a Pats board to begin with, isn't it?
    Posted by jeffab[/QUOTE]

I know very well the flaws of the team I root for.  the first is the absence of Manning. 

the second is that the colts have been very injured.  They are starting to get healthy again only to have 2 more important starters go down yesterday. 

the third is that the colts have coaching and management issues. 

I guess the thing is that with the wheels falling off our franchise, we still put a scare in your team.  I know what the colts prospects are, and they can only get better.  I am not so sure you can say that about your pats. 

As for feeling good about the future, you're team has that in spades for the rest of THIS year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats Soft = 1 and done in Playoffs. : Much rather have blinders than a bag over my head. Did you watch Eli play yesterday?  He's becoming quite the Qb. Certainly has a knack for coming from behind and embarrassing good teams. He might turn out to be the Best QB in his family.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

Eli's certainly playing better than any other pro QB in his family at this time.  Most people get that. 

Not sure what you mean about the bag over my head, but I am guessing you were trying to be cute. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats Soft = 1 and done in Playoffs. : I actually view the weak schedule as being a good opportunity to build continuity and confidence in basic zone and man concepts with all the replacements they have in the game lately. If they got torn up on a week-to-week basis, all these young fill-ins would break and we'd have nothing, as in even worse off than we are now And I'm okay with leading 31-3 for 50 minutes and slipping up.  Nobody's excited to play a winless team Pittsburgh only won 23-20.  I heard nothing from you then.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]
    Nick - you might be right.  My perspective might be wrong.  I'd just think that after this stinker, you'd want to see your team have to compete against some better teams to be prepared for what is coming.  Its a matter of perspective. 

As for Pitt.  I agree with you.  That's why I've said on this or another thread that the pats can win games in the playoffs.  No one in the afc scares anyone.  That said, I wouldn't be surprised if the pats go one and done either. 

They won't win the superbowl if they get there.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats Soft = 1 and done in Playoffs. : I know very well the flaws of the team I root for.  the first is the absence of Manning.  the second is that the colts have been very injured.  They are starting to get healthy again only to have 2 more important starters go down yesterday.  the third is that the colts have coaching and management issues.  I guess the thing is that with the wheels falling off our franchise, we still put a scare in your team.  I know what the colts prospects are, and they can only get better.  I am not so sure you can say that about your pats.  As for feeling good about the future, you're team has that in spades for the rest of THIS year.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

I love your logic.  Manning goes down and the wheels come off....Brady goes down and the Pats go 11-5 and Pats fans should be the ones concerned about the future of our franchise???  The Pats haven't consistently had top picks in over a decade and have still won the most games in the NFL in the last 10 years.  Don't bother trying to back up your reasoning with facts....because you can't.  Pats also have two young capable QB's as back-ups, drafted talent at TE and RB and are pretty much a young WR and a defensive stud or two away from being a perennial powerhouse, and that's with or WITHOUT Brady....who isn't going anywhere any time soon.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Pats Soft = 1 and done in Playoffs.:
    [QUOTE]Take a good look at who they've played. Not 1 win against a top 7 team. And a creampuff schedule rest of the way. It's not the Pats fault for the schedule. WRs playing as safties isn't genious. It's because they are playing Div. 2 college football teams. I dare BB to put in Slater or Edelman as a safty against a top 7 team. Last years team was better and they got thier a** handed to them. Pats are soft and the regular season schedule that they played this year will ruin them in the playoffs. 
    Posted by SandyRowBelfast[/QUOTE]
    So, Green Bay, with an even EASIER schedule, is also one and done by your standards!!!

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Yup, BB used this game like a pre-season game. 
    Getting some reps for back-ups, tinkering with the roster and scheme.
    Does any one really think BB is going to start PS players, special team and offensive players on defense, in a meaningful game?  Really?
    I don't know why this isn't more obvious to some.
    If anything, Colts's fans should be embarrassed that BB "played them" that way.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Lots of nonsense here; your specialty.

It was 31 to 3 against that winless team going into the 4th quarter. If you want to indict them as lazy slackers who rested on their lead the last 15 minutes, go right ahead. But don't try to make the case the final score was indicative of the comparative quality of the two teams. That is spin to the maximim degree.

The Pats are flawed, but so is everybody else. A good number of teams could win the SB.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

So The Steelers will be the worse team in the AFC playoffs. They beat the Colts by 3. Cool story.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Pats soft?

Four of their 9 wins are against teams with a winning record. Two of their losses were in the last minute. The other loss was on the road to a non-division opponent by 8 points.

Nobody is licking their chops to get the Pats in a playoff game.

Sections
Shortcuts