Pats Soft = 1 and done in Playoffs.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: Pats Soft = 1 and done in Playoffs.

In Response to Re: Pats Soft = 1 and done in Playoffs.:
    In Response to Pats Soft = 1 and done in Playoffs. : Well dillweed, they beat the Cowboys who are in 1st place in their division. The Packers beat one team in the top 7, Saints week 1 The Saints beat one team, Houston. They are considered the leagues best...Looks pretty even to me.
    Posted by pezz4pats

I dont agree with the poster, but I wouldnt be propping up any wins against Dallas, the coach is terrible and he made bondehead decisions in our game as well like handcuffing Romo when he could have thrown for 400 against us and Dez was in and out the game.

Did you see Dallas yesterday and how they lost a game due to mismanagement?

That being said we had a lot of duds in there yeserday but what worries me is who will be the starters come playoff time and how many games would they have played together before real bullets start flying. Our personnell is bad enough already and here we are starting different guys every week. You cant build up continuity that way.  The Texans, Ravens, Steelers, Bengals all have head n shoulders better defenses than we have and they arent trotting out different guys every week. This is what concerns me.

I am also concerned that just because we looked good against the Colts.( they played everybody 15 yards back and gave us what we wanted)  doesnt mean that come playoff time we wont get symied on offense. We all know what those teams will do. Press our WR's and pressure up the middle for Brady and flood the middle of field to stop TE's. Have we been able to beat a team that employs this defense yet???

Games like yesterday they should have been trying to impliment Ocho for the stretch run. Noone cares that you can get Wes 11 catches against Indy's stinky zone defense.

What will happen in January?  Are you really confident?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

A pre-season game? Are you serious? Trying out new things? Come on guys, thats just plain foolish. The Pats pass D is horrific. Regardless. Starters, backups or the back ups backup backup. It does not matter. BB thinks 4,5,6 steps ahead of most people in calculation possible scenarios in which an opposing team could possibly tie/win the game. THe score is irrelevant. We have all seen this for a decade. Yesterdays result was not due to BB conducting a "test" or a "trial" or a "pre season" situation. 21 points down BB knew a score, onsides recovery or stop followed by a quick score would result in a moment in the game which Indy would be afforded a chance to, with a O/S recovery be in position for a miracle game tying drive. Its a spade. Thats all it is.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

I never said he wasn't tinkering...to a point. You don't allow a 28 point lead to dissolve into a one possession game that is to be dictated by the bounce of an onside kick. Are you for real? He was desperately trying to find answers to a pathetic pass defense. Throwing stuff against the  wall in hopes that something would appear better than what he has.

However, just for the sake of the argument, do you feel that the evaporation of the lead was simply a result of getting a bit carried away with the "pre season" play? Then all of a sudden it snow balled?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Soft = 1 and done in Playoffs. : So The Steelers will be the worse team in the AFC playoffs. They beat the Colts by 3. Cool story.
    Posted by tompenny

I suppose it depends on whether you believe a team has defined itself more by the first week of december or the last week of september. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I never said he wasn't tinkering...to a point. You don't allow a 28 point lead to dissolve into a one possession game that is to be dictated by the bounce of an onside kick. Are you for real? He was desperately trying to find answers to a pathetic pass defense. Throwing stuff against the  wall in hopes that something would appear better than what he has. However, just for the sake of the argument, do you feel that the evaporation of the lead was simply a result of getting a bit carried away with the "pre season" play? Then all of a sudden it snow balled?
    Posted by Gravelten4

If you accept that Belichick was tinkering, then the real question is did he find anything that was going to help him going forward besides - "nope that won't work"?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Soft = 1 and done in Playoffs. : If you accept that Belichick was tinkering, then the real question is did he find anything that was going to help him going forward besides - "nope that won't work"?
    Posted by UD6

It's just as important to find out what doesn't work or what players  can and can't do.  Maybe none of these players will be used for the rest of the year in the capacity they played yesterday, but the experience is only going to make them better players in the long run, not worse.  Failures are crucial in the learning process.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Soft = 1 and done in Playoffs. : It's just as important to find out what doesn't work or what players  can and can't do.  Maybe none of these players will be used for the rest of the year in the capacity they played yesterday, but the experience is only going to make them better players in the long run, not worse.  Failures are crucial in the learning process.
    Posted by jeffab

Failure only occurs when you try something.  I would hate to have a player inserted into a game at a critical time and you have no idea how they will perform.  Better in a blowout game, like the Colts game, than a playoff game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Soft = 1 and done in Playoffs. : Failure only occurs when you try something.  I would hate to have a player inserted into a game at a critical time and you have no idea how they will perform.  Better in a blowout game, like the Colts game, than a playoff game.
    Posted by agcsbill

Exactly.....well put.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Hmm. But will the Jets even make the playoffs?

OOh, and how soft are they... that they were upended by a soft team twice.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Forget the Jets.  The OP is a Raiders fan.  They just got blasted by the dolphins.  Lmao.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Soft = 1 and done in Playoffs. : I know very well the flaws of the team I root for.  the first is the absence of Manning.  the second is that the colts have been very injured.  They are starting to get healthy again only to have 2 more important starters go down yesterday.  the third is that the colts have coaching and management issues.  I guess the thing is that with the wheels falling off our franchise, we still put a scare in your team.  I know what the colts prospects are, and they can only get better.  I am not so sure you can say that about your pats.  As for feeling good about the future, you're team has that in spades for the rest of THIS year.
    Posted by UD6

Grapes a little sour are they there in "Nap" town?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I agree, I would like to see N.Jones and Chung work together.  Maybe get 3 real CB's together for the playoffs.

I think Fletch' time is running out, but if he can get back, I'd like to see him, Spikes and Mayo play together as well. I think those combinations could work if they played together for atleast 2 games. I hope Slater wasnt in there for emergency because Chung is going to I/R. W/out him, I wouldnt expect much from this secondary. McCourty is gonna need an experienced safety to help over  the top.

I wonder if Molden will be here next year and they kick # 32 to other side or inside.

Does McCourty get the Bodden treatment next year in favor of Molden?? 

Naaaaa

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Quag and Pezz have their blinders on which is fine.  They are pats fans.  Those pats fans that don't wear blinders understand the truth.  I don't care the method, a team can't win vs. a winless team by only 7 points and feel good about their prospects.  Further, how are the pats going to get better playing the weak schedule they've got going forward?  The good news for the pats is that all of the contenders in the AFC have serious flaws. 
    Posted by UD6

Dude...your team is 0-12 and going nowhere fast!  Your QB has a serious neck injury that could very well be career threatening, and that indicates what your entire franchise is without Manning! Stop talking, typing, and posting. You have absolutely no grounds to stand on. In case you have forgotten, the Pats beat the Ponies last year...with Manning at the helm...remember the game ending pick to James Sanders? Your becoming like these Jets fans who continue to post here despite the Pats getting the season sweep!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

Fair points. Without a trace of malice or sarcasm I ask again, was this just a case of where the "trying new people/schemes etc" just got away from them at the end of the game?" 
    It just stunned me that a lucky bounce(the onsides kick) was all that stood between a win and a "miracle chance to tie" with BB being such an in game situational tactician... in my opinion the best there ever has been

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Soft = 1 and done in Playoffs. : Dude...your team is 0-12 and going nowhere fast!  Your QB has a serious neck injury that could very well be career threatening, and that indicates what your entire franchise is without Manning! Stop talking, typing, and posting. You have absolutely no grounds to stand on. In case you have forgotten, the Pats beat the Ponies last year...with Manning at the helm...remember the game ending pick to James Sanders? Your becoming like these Jets fans who continue to post here despite the Pats getting the season sweep!
    Posted by Rodimus77

Forgive me for being encouraged by a fair performance amidst an abyssmal season.  It proves to me again what this game would have been if Manning had played.  Maybe he'll never play again, but it looks like we've found a back up QB. 

Oh, and yes the pats did beat the colts last year with a hurt Manning (yep he had surgery on that neck prior to the season) and a team that lost more starter games than any other team in the NFL. 

How'd you feel about the pats performance yesterday?  did it give you confidence in their playoff prospects?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Soft = 1 and done in Playoffs. : Or he doesn't want to sit the bench for 3 years. Might force a trade. Poetic justice. John Elway II
    Posted by bobbysu

LOL, yeah, either way, the Colts are not exactly in a good position, even if they draw #1.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Soft = 1 and done in Playoffs. : So The Steelers will be the worse team in the AFC playoffs. They beat the Colts by 3. Cool story.
    Posted by tompenny

And looked sloppy for most of the game doing it, not just in the fourth quarter.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Soft = 1 and done in Playoffs. : Forgive me for being encouraged by a fair performance amidst an abyssmal season.  It proves to me again what this game would have been if Manning had played.  Maybe he'll never play again, but it looks like we've found a back up QB.  Oh, and yes the pats did beat the colts last year with a hurt Manning (yep he had surgery on that neck prior to the season) and a team that lost more starter games than any other team in the NFL.  How'd you feel about the pats performance yesterday?  did it give you confidence in their playoff prospects?
    Posted by UD6

I really don't know what your beef is.  At times you seem capable of having an intelligent conversation, at other times you seem to just want to come on here and post little jabs and snarky comments about how we feel about the Pats playoffs chances, since you clearly think they have no chance in the playoffs.  I don't get it man, there are better ways to spend your time.  We're here because we love cheering for our football team.  You seem to be here to act like a Richard.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Soft = 1 and done in Playoffs. : Forgive me for being encouraged by a fair performance amidst an abyssmal season.  It proves to me again what this game would have been if Manning had played.  Maybe he'll never play again, but it looks like we've found a back up QB.  Oh, and yes the pats did beat the colts last year with a hurt Manning (yep he had surgery on that neck prior to the season) and a team that lost more starter games than any other team in the NFL.  How'd you feel about the pats performance yesterday?  did it give you confidence in their playoff prospects?
    Posted by UD6

Very encouraging up until 21 points being surrendered. But your team is 0-12 and your currently posting on a Patriots forum. The fact of the matter is that the Pats are still 9-3. First in the division and from what I'm hearing, hold the number one seed. Not sure how they have the top seed at this point.

And now your making excuses for injuries. Come on UD. You have to admit, your not really making much sense now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nZone. Show nZone's posts

What is worst? Got blown away 62-7 or 31-24 with 3rd string players?

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts