Pats Stink

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Plluto29. Show Plluto29's posts

Pats Stink

Its high time that Pats Nation realize how poorly Belicheck has done in supplying his team with playmakers on defense and now, unfortunately, on offense as well. This team could be and should be 0-5.  This team is the pits.  How many more 3rd and longs are we going to give up this year?  How many more 90+ yard drives. We can't stop Kyle Orton?  We have no shot of stopping Peyton or Ben or anyone else. We rely soley on other teams making mistakes to stop drives (Hello Mark Clayton).  Belichick needs to sorely reevaluate his SOP for building a team. What worked during the Superbowl years is not working now.  We need PLAYMAKERS!  How many more times is Brady going to try to force the ball to Welker or overthrow Randy Moss?  Where is Baker, where is the third and 4th WR options?  I'll tell you.  Baker is overrated and we don't have the other.  This lousy team needs to be rebuilt.  I never thought I would say this but Brady doesn't seem like Brady anymore.  Maybe it will come back but I'm not sure.  It certainly doesn't appear that it will happen this year with this cast of characters.  This team is too fundamentally flawed at all three aspects of the game to be expected to accomplish anything this year. 
    On top of everything else, the team seems ill-prepared to deal with the opposition's game plan.  How many more "Wild-cat" formations do the Patriots have to see before they can deal effectively with it?  Didn't Miami teach them anything last year?  How many more blown timeouts need to be wasted because the Pats aren't ready? 
    It is unfortunate but the best thing for the Pats to do this year is try and get Brady right for next year and use the accrued draft picks to hopefully get some playmakers on this team.  We need them badly at almost every position on defense, offense, and special teams.  What about the Pats kick-off and Punt returners.  You could measure their speed with a sundial.  They are about as elusive as a turtle. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ragingsea. Show ragingsea's posts

Re: Pats Stink

Patsies stink! They win by referee, more than not! LMFAO!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

In Response to Pats Stink:
    Its high time that Pats Nation realize how poorly Belicheck has done in supplying his team with playmakers on defense and now, unfortunately, on offense as well. This team could be and should be 0-5.  This team is the pits.  How many more 3rd and longs are we going to give up this year?  How many more 90+ yard drives. We can't stop Kyle Orton?  We have no shot of stopping Peyton or Ben or anyone else. We rely soley on other teams making mistakes to stop drives (Hello Mark Clayton).  Belichick needs to sorely reevaluate his SOP for building a team. What worked during the Superbowl years is not working now.  We need PLAYMAKERS!  How many more times is Brady going to try to force the ball to Welker or overthrow Randy Moss?  Where is Baker, where is the third and 4th WR options?  I'll tell you.  Baker is overrated and we don't have the other.  This lousy team needs to be rebuilt.  I never thought I would say this but Brady doesn't seem like Brady anymore.  Maybe it will come back but I'm not sure.  It certainly doesn't appear that it will happen this year with this cast of characters.  This team is too fundamentally flawed at all three aspects of the game to be expected to accomplish anything this year.  On top of everything else, the team seems ill-prepared to deal with the opposition's game plan.  How many more "Wild-cat" formations do the Patriots have to see before they can deal effectively with it?  Didn't Miami teach them anything last year?  How many more blown timeouts need to be wasted because the Pats aren't ready?  It is unfortunate but the best thing for the Pats to do this year is try and get Brady right for next year and use the accrued draft picks to hopefully get some playmakers on this team.  We need them badly at almost every position on defense, offense, and special teams.  What about the Pats kick-off and Punt returners.  You could measure their speed with a sundial.  They are about as elusive as a turtle. 
    Posted by Plluto29

Absolute idiocy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I'm not sure I would go so far as to say that the Pats stink. It is not easy to go into Denver and win a game. That said, however, the Pats were dominating this game in the first half, despite some shaky play on both sides of the ball. The second half was an entirely different matter, and what that tells me is that Denver was able to adjust to what the Pats were doing and the Pats did absolutely nothing after the break.

That's coaching, ladies and gentlemen.

That's our boy being outcoached.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ragingsea. Show ragingsea's posts

Too bad the game is more than one half, huh?  Maybe they woulda won. LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtbr1975. Show mtbr1975's posts

Come on Ray Lewis, don't you know, CHAMPIONS WIN, losers (like your team) whine about the play calling.

Plenty of bogus bad calls have gone against the Pats, but you NEVER hear them cry about it like snot nosed, spoiled brats... No, they pick themselves and up and win.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Stink:
    I'm not sure I would go so far as to say that the Pats stink. It is not easy to go into Denver and win a game. That said, however, the Pats were dominating this game in the first half, despite some shaky play on both sides of the ball. The second half was an entirely different matter, and what that tells me is that Denver was able to adjust to what the Pats were doing and the Pats did absolutely nothing after the break. That's coaching, ladies and gentlemen. That's our boy being outcoached.
    Posted by prairiemike

Brady was awful all game. How is that being out coached? If your team is in position to make the plays and do not execute on those opportunities, that's talent not coaching. Even some of the catches Welker made early were really tough and great catches.

Orton outplayed Brady by a mile (high). That is the ONLY story of this game.

Until Brady eventually comes around to pulling his head out of his a** they will all be tough wins or losses. We are so used to Brady being super accurate that when he is playing average he looks like he stinks.

So far this season he has been average, for him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ragingsea. Show ragingsea's posts

Brady is a wuss! Play football and stop crying. LOL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtbr1975. Show mtbr1975's posts

I think the fair weather fans should consider moving a little further south, Florida maybe.. Then they would know what its like to have a team that does stink.

Where was your post about how much the Pats stink last week after they took out the Ravens? Or how come not after the Falcons win, oh that's right, they didn't stink last week.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DStroh1. Show DStroh1's posts

Its high time that Pats Nation realize how poorly Belicheck has done in supplying his team with playmakers on defense and now, unfortunately, on offense as well. This team could be and should be 0-5.  This team is the pits.  How many more 3rd and longs are we going to give up this year?  How many more 90+ yard drives. We can't stop Kyle Orton?  We have no shot of stopping Peyton or Ben or anyone else. We rely soley on other teams making mistakes to stop drives (Hello Mark Clayton).  Belichick needs to sorely reevaluate his SOP for building a team. What worked during the Superbowl years is not working now.  We need PLAYMAKERS!  How many more times is Brady going to try to force the ball to Welker or overthrow Randy Moss?  Where is Baker, where is the third and 4th WR options?  I'll tell you.  Baker is overrated and we don't have the other.  This lousy team needs to be rebuilt.  I never thought I would say this but Brady doesn't seem like Brady anymore.  Maybe it will come back but I'm not sure.  It certainly doesn't appear that it will happen this year with this cast of characters.  This team is too fundamentally flawed at all three aspects of the game to be expected to accomplish anything this year.  On top of everything else, the team seems ill-prepared to deal with the opposition's game plan.  How many more "Wild-cat" formations do the Patriots have to see before they can deal effectively with it?  Didn't Miami teach them anything last year?  How many more blown timeouts need to be wasted because the Pats aren't ready?  It is unfortunate but the best thing for the Pats to do this year is try and get Brady right for next year and use the accrued draft picks to hopefully get some playmakers on this team.  We need them badly at almost every position on defense, offense, and special teams.  What about the Pats kick-off and Punt returners.  You could measure their speed with a sundial.  They are about as elusive as a turtle. 
    Posted by Plluto29

While you make some legitimate points, it's not anywhere near as bad as you make it out to be.  You're probably just frustrated after a tough loss.  This team hasn't gelled yet, but it's only five games into the season and we are 3-2.  The Pats have ALWAYS had problems winning in Denver!  This team has the talent to right the ship, don't write off the season just yet. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman55. Show newman55's posts

Kyle Orton, your joking right? It was pitch and catch throughout the 2nd half. No pressure up the middle, no pass defense and no run defense. That being said the defense only gave up 20 points which gives your team a chance if your offense doesnt put up goose eggs in the 3rd and 4th quarters. Altogether a lousy 2nd half of football. Whatever the halftime "adjustments" were, they didnt work.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RWF. Show RWF's posts

Hey, we're not the Redskins (or the Raiders)!  Woo-stinkin'-Hoo....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ragingsea. Show ragingsea's posts

NE was out coached and played today!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ragingsea. Show ragingsea's posts

I think the fair weather fans should consider moving a little further south, Florida maybe.. Then they would know what its like to have a team that does stink. Where was your post about how much the Pats stink last week after they took out the Ravens? Or how come not after the Falcons win, oh that's right, they didn't stink last week.
    Posted by mtbr1975

The Patsies didn't beat the Ravens, the referees did! LMAO

Or maybe you didn't watch the game!  hehehehe

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfansyr. Show patsfansyr's posts

I was sick to my stomach watching the pitch and catch show by Orton.. He did not have to make a difficult throw on that last drive, or most of the game for that matter. But TB is clearly struggling. He WAY over threw a wide open Moss for a TD, and then again on a 3rd down throw. But the killer was late in the 4th when on 3rd down he threw the skinny post and he hit Welker in the foot. A decent pass and Welker is gone... There was no one deep as he was already behind Dawkins. Until TB gets over what is ailing him and starts hitting the passes that are there to be made, then the offense will struggle. But I am tired of watching the Pat's DB's 9-10 yards off the receivers when its 3rd and 4...! And while I am at it, they need more tackling drills in practice....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Stink : The Patsies didn't beat the Ravens, the referees did! LMAO Or maybe you didn't watch the game!  hehehehe
    Posted by ragingsea

You sir, are an effing idiot.  Do us all a favor and get out of our message boards.  Thanks.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Kyle Orton, your joking right? It was pitch and catch throughout the 2nd half. No pressure up the middle, no pass defense and no run defense. That being said the defense only gave up 20 points which gives your team a chance if your offense doesnt put up goose eggs in the 3rd and 4th quarters. Altogether a lousy 2nd half of football. Whatever the halftime "adjustments" were, they didnt work.
    Posted by newman55

It  doesn't appear there were any adjustments at halftime unless you're talking about Denver.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from socalpatsfan12. Show socalpatsfan12's posts

Patsies stink! They win by referee, more than not! LMFAO!
    Posted by ragingsea

you know what you can do with that thumb, right?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

Posted by Plluto29

lol what a joke

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

wow. some pats fans scuk. they lost today. they're going to lose more games as the season goes on. if you are a true pats fan, you dont post things like this, instead you stand by your team and tune in next (Titans @ Gillette). Grow up Peter Pan, this may not be the 2007 patriots, but this is not the end of the season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from John413. Show John413's posts

ragingsea is a dopey troll, just ignore him. He's probably a fan of some eternal loser team like the Chargers, and all bitter about the Pats.

Aside from troll-boy, I actually agree with most of the Original Poster's comments.  Brady is not good enough this year.  Maybe he'll pull it together later, but so far, not likely. 

To be blunt, we've had our @sses handed to us by bozo rookie Jet QB, and NFL clown Kyle Orton.

I repeat:  Kyle Orton vastly outplayed Brady today.  Sad but true.

Moss caught 1 pass from Orton and 1 from Brady.  Pats' game plan: "Don't use Moss."   Brilliant!!!

The two times Moss got WIDE OPEN, Brady couldn't throw the ball within 10 yards of him. 

This is not a fluke, it's the trend of 2009.  I'm white-flagging 2009, and go Pats in 2010.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Super38. Show Super38's posts

Posted by Plluto29

Spoken like a true Jet fan. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Plluto29. Show Plluto29's posts

I am standing by the team. You can't alway praise the team no matter what.  The Pats have been regressing on defense for at least 4 years (maybe more)now.  The 2006 and 2007 Superbowls were ours if we had any kind of playmaking ability on defense. Now the offense is dimished with Brady's ineffectiveness, the loss of decent 3rd and 4th WR on offense and the defense is still not fixed.  This team needs a at least two decent WR as a third and 4th option, pass rushers, and an ability to get off the field on third down.  These are the same issuesthat have not been addressed for three or 4 years now. Brady and the offense were able to overcome these deficiencies and now they are not able to. 
    If Rex, the whale, Ryan can turn the Jets defense around in one year, why can't Belichick, especially given his prowess at evaluating talent and accruing numerous picks.  I know you can't hit on every pick or free-agent defensive playmakers over the past 4 years but Belichick and the Pats have not even come close to filling holes on the defensive side of the ball.  Belichick needs to seriously reevaluate his player (draft and free-agent) procurement strategy to at least see why they have not been able to put decent defensive playmakers on the field.  Burgess, Thomas have been total busts.
    I don't see the Pats turning it around this year for a couple of reasons. Brady is not Brady for whatever reason and will not be this year because he relies too heavily on one player to succeed (Welker). Two, the playcalling has been atrocious this year.  How many more times are the Pats going to call a running play 3rd and 1 and run it straight into the line?  It worked a couple of times but teams are gearing up for it. Giving the ball to Maroney on 3rd and short is as bad if not worse as he takes forever to find a hole and by the time he does the defense swarms all over him.  (The only positive I see in Maroney is when Brady throws the ball to him in space and allows him some room to maneuver, almost like a 3rd down back, he seems to do better in those situations).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from baddawg. Show baddawg's posts

That nasty smell in the air is the last game the Patriots played. They certainly STINK!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from baddawg. Show baddawg's posts

Brady has been outgunned by Sanchez and Ortin. That's a sign of the times.

Bye bye Brady!

Sections
Shortcuts