Pats Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football 2012

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Pats Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football 2012

In Response to Re: Pats Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football 2012:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football 2012 : Rocky's in. I just noticed his comment on our game site.
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

I don't see it.  What did he say?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I entered my first money draft today and had a terrible draft position but I'm OK. Took TB with my first pick and Lloyd with number 2,BJGE 3,Hernandez 4,Also got Stevie Johnson,Reggie Bush,Sidney Rice,Mark Ingram and my steal of the draft Ryan Broyles,I took Gostkowski and the Patriots D which I expect to be vastly improved from a year ago,I also grabbed Gore and Mendenhall and sentimental fav Branch,my bu TE is Pettigrew. What do all you experts think of this squad and what if any changes would you make?B/U QB Matt Flynn

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]I entered my first money draft today and had a terrible draft position but I'm OK. Took TB with my first pick and Lloyd with number 2,BJGE 3,Hernandez 4,Also got Stevie Johnson,Reggie Bush,Sidney Rice,Mark Ingram and my steal of the draft Ryan Broyles,I took Gostkowski and the Patriots D which I expect to be vastly improved from a year ago,I also grabbed Gore and Mendenhall and sentimental fav Branch,my bu TE is Pettigrew. What do all you experts think of this squad and what if any changes would you make?B/U QB Matt Flynn
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]
    I like your team, solid at QB and receiver.  I think of course Lloyd and Hernandez will be big this year, not so excited about your running backs but this day and age RB's are over rated in this type of passing league so you may be okay for a while.  Seems like there are always two or three dark horses that emerge during the season at RB that nobody drafts and you could get one of them later on.  I like the Brady Lloyd combo, possibly and hopefully big point this season for both. Gutsy to take Pats D, especially as your only D.  Over all I think you did good. Lot's of depth there, does your league only have 6 players or something?  LOL!! JK!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football 2012 : I like your team, solid at QB and receiver.  I think of course Lloyd and Hernandez will be big this year, not so excited about your running backs but this day and age RB's are over rated in this type of passing league so you may be okay for a while.  Seems like there are always two or three dark horses that emerge during the season at RB that nobody drafts and you could get one of them later on.  I like the Brady Lloyd combo, possibly and hopefully big point this season for both. Gutsy to take Pats D, especially as your only D.  Over all I think you did good. Lot's of depth there, does your league only have 6 players or something?  LOL!! JK!
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]Actually it's a 10 team league I missed out on WW by one pick! It was a snake draft and the guy picking ahead of me stopped my plan! I've been lucky over the last three seasons and have had the Brady/WW combo and Gronk! for the last 2 seasons. I'm playing a hunch on BJGE-Gore-and using Bush as the flex but i might put Hernandez in the Flex if I see him lining up at RB a lot. I really took a chance on the D as I think they will be much improved with them having drafted all but one player on that side of the ball. Thnx for your opinion on the team though,now I'll go back and see which backs fell through the cracks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]I don't see it.  What did he say?
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]
    He said, "Looking forward to another" at the bottom of this page,
    http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/507683

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Okay!  Last season players have confirmed.  We have the following...

TFB12
    BradyWelkerFan
    Digger0862
    Cyberknot
    NEGAME2
    Rocky

New Players being added that need confirmation.. (let me know on here that you are playing and I will send you the league info)

I sat on your toilet (formerly Homecheese)
    PatsEng
    BostonSportsFan111
    Leatherhelmet

We have 2 openings left...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]I will confirm too, depending on the draft and the costs (if any). Its going to be tough for me to commit to a live draft over Labor Day weekend. I have a grandson up in Vermont and my wife is already talking about going up there for the weekend.
    Posted by BostonSportsFan111[/QUOTE]
    Welcome aboard. It's all for fun and more importantly for BDC bragging rights.

I think they have internet in Vermont. We just got it up here in Maine. ;o)
    Just kidding, enjoy your family. We're going to try and get a date that fits everyone's busy schedule.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

I clicked on the link to the league above. I think the divisions should be renamed to Rusty, Babe, and UD6...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from I sat on your toilet. Show I sat on your toilet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football 2012 : What the heck did you do to get banned? If you were formerly known as homecheese then you are in since last season you said you wanted to play this season.
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

I have no idea why I got banned. I just realized one day my posts were no longer visible haha

Count me in, I just need the info. Where do you play? Yahoo? NFL.com?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]I will confirm too, depending on the draft and the costs (if any). Its going to be tough for me to commit to a live draft over Labor Day weekend. I have a grandson up in Vermont and my wife is already talking about going up there for the weekend.
    Cool!  We probably won't have the live draft on Labor Day weekend, I wasn't thinking when I picked that date.  Once we get all the players we will discuss a time that hopefully works for everyone.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Waiting for Leather helmet, we have 2 spots open.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

I want in! PM me and I will give you my email address. Hope I am not too late

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMUFranco. Show JMUFranco's posts

I've been lurking here for ages, just never really get around to posting. I'd love to hop in, but understand if you all choose another person over me due to my lack of posts. I'm always an active manager. Just let me know.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]I just want to make sure I am confirmed....I accepted via the invitation.... I just arrived in Colorado after driving from Alaska....
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]
    You are confirmed.  You were able to get in fine?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football 2012 : I just accepted your friend request, I will keep an eye out for the password. Thanks for setting this up...
    I sent you the info, please check your messages.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

I am set to go, lets do this thing!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

A few things that will be changing.

Divisions - We have 3 divisions and that is going to remain the same.  However, the teams in each division will be changing.  This will probably be done on Sunday.  How will this be done?  Since the site doesn't randomly do this I will be going old school here.  I will be drawing team names for each division out of a hat.

Weekly Schedule - The weekly schedule will be changing.  This will be done after the division changes have been made.  The site will randomly change the schedule.

Scoring - Last year there were a couple of small changes people thought we should have made to the scoring but I can't remember which ones they were.  If you get a chance, please take a look at the scoring system and lets discuss any changes you think should be made. 

For example, QB's passing for a TD is set at 4 points while all other positions get 6 points for td's.  Do you want to change QB's td scoring from 4 to 6 points like the other positions?

Currently there are no bonus points awarded for lenght of td's.  Is this good or do you want bonus points awarded? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

[QUOTE]A few things that will be changing. Divisions - We have 3 divisions and that is going to remain the same.  However, the teams in each division will be changing.  This will probably be done on Sunday.  How will this be done?  Since the site doesn't randomly do this I will be going old school here.  I will be drawing team names for each division out of a hat. Weekly Schedule - The weekly schedule will be changing.  This will be done after the division changes have been made.  The site will randomly change the schedule. Scoring - Last year there were a couple of small changes people thought we should have made to the scoring but I can't remember which ones they were.  If you get a chance, please take a look at the scoring system and lets discuss any changes you think should be made.  For example, QB's passing for a TD is set at 4 points while all other positions get 6 points for td's.  Do you want to change QB's td scoring from 4 to 6 points like the other positions? Currently there are no bonus points awarded for lenght of td's.  Is this good or do you want bonus points awarded? 
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]
    Well that's not so bad, not my style in fantasy but can deal with it. QB's will be going very early because of this. But, I can't stand this, the WR could break off for a long TD that has nothing to do with the actual length of the QB's throw.(ala, Welker last year with that 90 or so yard TD and some of those ridiculous Victor Cruz catches) thanks but no thanks, lets not get all fancy here with scoring.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I kind of like the 4 points for TD's by QB's otherwise the top 3 QB's can dominate a league regardless of the other positions played

I really don't like the random big play points. If puts more of an emphasis on the big play and less on the consistent player. Nothing worse then losing a week because joe nobody picked up on waivers had a single run of 4 total runs for a 90yrd TD and your guy grinded the entire game out 90yrds for a TD and you lose for the distance bonus

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from I sat on your toilet. Show I sat on your toilet's posts

[QUOTE]I kind of like the 4 points for TD's by QB's otherwise the top 3 QB's can dominate a league regardless of the other positions played I really don't like the random big play points. If puts more of an emphasis on the big play and less on the consistent player. Nothing worse then losing a week because joe nobody picked up on waivers had a single run of 4 total runs for a 90yrd TD and your guy grinded the entire game out 90yrds for a TD and you lose for the distance bonus
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

agree. I hate the bonus points. 4pts for QB's is great since they score more td's then rb's and wr's, so it brings the points closer

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I am in favor of PatsEng's 4pts for QB's and no random pts for the big play...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMUFranco. Show JMUFranco's posts

TFB, accepted your request.
    I'm cool with either 4 or 6. Seems like everyone wants 4 for QB's. And definitely no points for big plays, I think that really deemphasizes consistency. Also, figured I'd throw it out there: does anybody want to do any PPR?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from I sat on your toilet. Show I sat on your toilet's posts

[QUOTE]TFB, accepted your request. I'm cool with either 4 or 6. Seems like everyone wants 4 for QB's. And definitely no points for big plays, I think that really deemphasizes consistency. Also, figured I'd throw it out there: does anybody want to do any PPR?
    Posted by JMUFranco[/QUOTE]

I'd like ppr. Either 1/2 point or 1 point per reception

Sections
Shortcuts