Pats Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Pats Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football 2013

** Attn Mods - We had a problem in the beginning of last season where you would delete this Fantasy Football thread.  BDC Dottie approved this thread last season so please do not delete it.  Thank You!

It's time to start to get ready for the Pats Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football season. 

Last season BostonSportsFan111 took the tile from Cyberknot, lets see if he can defend his title this season.

Everyone who played last season has first dibs on playing this season.  I have heard from the following so far...

BostonSportsFan

Me

Brady2Amendola

NEGAME

Freediro

Digger

Rocky

Cyberknot

Jmhfranco

PatsEng

WAITING for Leatherhelmets and Homecheese

Looks like we will create a 2nd league.  These are the people who have previously asked to play.  Please let me know if you are still interested.  Lets see if we can get 12 players.  Need to be a pretty regular poster to play and commit to play for the entire season.

Here is who I have on the list for the 2nd league in order of request.... Let me know if you are still interested.  Looking for a couple more players.  Will take in order of request.

PCMIV

Philskiwl

Ma6dragon9

Csylvia79

MagicalHobo

APpats

Noise

AyyyBoston

IrishMob

Open invite to TexasPat

I am not sure if I can create a 2nd league and run it without having to be a player in the league.  I don't want to take up a spot in the 2nd league, so I will look into this.  If anyone in the 2nd league would like to run the league or someone in the 1st league would like to play in the 2nd league and run it then please let me know.

For discussion sake here, League # 1 will be referred to as the "STARTERS", League #2 will be referred to as "THE BENCHWARMERS"  Hahahaha!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Re: Pats Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football 2013

As The Champ posted on the league page, The Champ is predicting a threepeat. Rookies and benchwarmers be damned...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

I'm down to play for the Benchwarmers hahahaha

Hahaha.  Well you don''t have much choice, LOL!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

As The Champ posted on the league page, The Champ is predicting a threepeat. Rookies and benchwarmers be damned...

Keep it up wise guy, some strings could be pulled to where you draft 12th... or you could somehow end up in the benchwarmers league!!Laughing

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

BS Fan1111 beat me by a little over 16 in the championship last year...again congrats

(I went into the playofs with only a 7-6 record!)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Hey TFB, if you do open a 2nd league, I'd love to join it (if you have any space).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

TFB12 feh at did you think of this idea I posted in the other thread? It keeps each involved with each other over the long haul, I am willing to keep track of all this if people are interested. Here is the break down again;

We could always start a second league hopefully make that one 14 teams also. Then at the end of this year, turn one league into a "big league" and the other into "minor League." It's done in fantasy baseball a lot.

So, for example, to keep it fair this year(2013) the two leagues play out like normal, but for next year(what would be 2014) the "big league" is reserved for the top 7 teams of each league(from 2013) and the bottom 7 teams of each league are sent to the "minor league"(for the 2014 year.) Then the subsequent years would follow the same pattern; ie., if you're in the "big league" you would need to stay a top 7 team or else you drop to the "minor league" the next year and the top 7 "minor league" teams would take their spots.

It requires a lot of fantasy team owners, 28, to be exact but you could always make the leagues smaller(10 or 12 teams each) if not enough people join. It's a fun concept, because it makes you not want to suck so bad you drop to the "minor" league, but I understand if it's something people wouldn't want to do.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

Hey TFB, if you do open a 2nd league, I'd love to join it (if you have any space).

I put you on the list

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to freediro's comment:

TFB12 feh at did you think of this idea I posted in the other thread? It keeps each involved with each other over the long haul, I am willing to keep track of all this if people are interested. Here is the break down again;

We could always start a second league hopefully make that one 14 teams also. Then at the end of this year, turn one league into a "big league" and the other into "minor League." It's done in fantasy baseball a lot.

So, for example, to keep it fair this year(2013) the two leagues play out like normal, but for next year(what would be 2014) the "big league" is reserved for the top 7 teams of each league(from 2013) and the bottom 7 teams of each league are sent to the "minor league"(for the 2014 year.) Then the subsequent years would follow the same pattern; ie., if you're in the "big league" you would need to stay a top 7 team or else you drop to the "minor league" the next year and the top 7 "minor league" teams would take their spots.

It requires a lot of fantasy team owners, 28, to be exact but you could always make the leagues smaller(10 or 12 teams each) if not enough people join. It's a fun concept, because it makes you not want to suck so bad you drop to the "minor" league, but I understand if it's something people wouldn't want to do.

I really like this idea.  It certainly is open to discussion.  We can put this to a vote with all the players from the original league.  I wish there was somehow to have the top 2 team of each league face off for the championship but that doesn't look like it is possible.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I really like this idea.  It certainly is open to discussion.  We can put this to a vote with all the players from the original league.  I wish there was somehow to have the top 2 team of each league face off for the championship but that doesn't look like it is possible.

A championship game for the winners of the 2 leagues would be prime but freediro's idea is the next best option.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

A championship game for the winners of the 2 leagues would be prime but freediro's idea is the next best option.

I agree!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Just don't ask for a sticky on this!

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

Join us Babe!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Hey, thanks for the idea, Babe.  Maybe I will send a request to BDC Dottie and see if she will sticky it to the top in brite red font. Laughing

BTW, I have an open invetation to TexasPat to play, he hasn't gave my a firm yes or no yet. LOL!

There are a couple of spots left if you would like to join in this year. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Hey, thanks for the idea, Babe.  Maybe I will send a request to BDC Dottie and see if she will sticky it to the top in brite red font. Laughing

BTW, I have an open invetation to TexasPat to play, he hasn't gave my a firm yes or no yet. LOL!

lmao, the ol' sticky debate. Some people just can't let others have their freedom. ha

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

I agree!

It won't work because; A) the two league winners would possibly have a few of the same players and would only work for the 2013 year because... B) after this year one league becomes the "minor" league and just getting in the top 7 qualifies you for the "big" league for the next year.

lets put it to a vote, its the only way to connect the two leagues in a meaningful way and keep everyone competitive between the leagues.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

lmao, the ol' sticky debate. Some people just can't let others have their freedom. ha

That got ugly for a while there, lol!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I agree!

It won't work because; A) the two league winners would possibly have a few of the same players and would only work for the 2013 year because... B) after this year one league becomes the "minor" league and just getting in the top 7 qualifies you for the "big" league for the next year.

lets put it to a vote, its the only way to connect the two leagues in a meaningful way and keep everyone competitive between the leagues.

Well first of all there is no way of setting up the top 2 teams of each league to play each other so that is out of the question.  I'm sure most will be in favor of your suggestion, it's a good idea and would be fun.  We don't have to worry about that until next season so let's make sure we get all  the details for this season worked out before jumping ahead.

Some people were in favor of a PPR scoring for receivers last season but we didn't do it.  It might be a good time now to revisit that idea and see who is in favor of it going forward. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

TFB, any room for one more in your second league?  Huge fantasy football guru right here.  I've seen you guys posting about your league and thought it would be cool to have a league exclusively for BDC members.  Let me know!

Sorry for the annoying font; I copied and pasted from the other thread.  

I can be League Manager if nobody else volunteers and you can't fulfill the role without being a player.  I manage 2 other leagues throughout the season so adding one more wouldn't be a burden.  Let me know!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

TFB, any room for one more in your second league?  Huge fantasy football guru right here.  I've seen you guys posting about your league and thought it would be cool to have a league exclusively for BDC members.  Let me know!

Sorry for the annoying font; I copied and pasted from the other thread.  

I can be League Manager if nobody else volunteers and you can't fulfill the role without being a player.  I manage 2 other leagues throughout the season so adding one more wouldn't be a burden.  Let me know!

Cool IrishMob, I added you to the list for the 2nd league.  I will also keep you in mind if I need someone else to run the second league.  Thanks for volunteering.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Good luck to you all...Fantasy is a blast! BDC has some of the most knowledgeable guys blogging on the site and I'm sure they all play fantasy with the best.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

still interested!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

I agree!

Well first of all there is no way of setting up the top 2 teams of each league to play each other so that is out of the question.  I'm sure most will be in favor of your suggestion, it's a good idea and would be fun.  We don't have to worry about that until next season so let's make sure we get all  the details for this season worked out before jumping ahead.

Some people were in favor of a PPR scoring for receivers last season but we didn't do it.  It might be a good time now to revisit that idea and see who is in favor of it going forward. 

PPR is fine with me, but I would like it to be only .5 points, so we could vote for PPR vs no PPR then decide to make it worth 1 point or 0.5 points. Or just vote on all 3 options and go with the winner, but we will need league members from both leagues to vote on this for future continuity. Another thing to consider does this rule carry over to next year or is it a yearly vote?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:

still interested!

You are still interested in playing? You are already on the list.

Sections
Shortcuts