Pats Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Re: Pats Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football 2013

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to Homecheese's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Anyone interested in 1/2 point ppr? I think Freediro mentioned it and didn't know who else was interested. I'm not a fan of full point ppr but half point is fun.

One more suggestion is 1 extra roster spot? So we can carry 16 instead of 15. Most leagues I play in you can carry 18.

Thought I'd just throw these out there and see what you all think. I have no problem if rules stay the same

Good to see ya checking in Homecheese.  Please go and make sure you can get into the fantasy site.  Not sure if you read the whole thread or not but it looks like we will be adding a 2nd league and Freddiro had a great idea on how to have the 2 leagues intermingle next season.

I like the idea of the additional roster spot.  I wanted it last season but others didn't.  We will bring it up again to see what people think.

We will also open it up to see if people are for ppr. I like the 1/2 point also.

[/QUOTE]

Hey TFB, Good to see you too man. I read the thread and like the 2 league intermingle idea.

The idea of the 2 winners of each league play each other is good too, only I'm not sure how you would do it. I think someone would have to keep track of the score from home since nfl.com probably won't allow you to do it?

Checked the site and no problem getting in

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Hey TFB, Good to see you too man. I read the thread and like the 2 league intermingle idea.

The idea of the 2 winners of each league play each other is good too, only I'm not sure how you would do it. I think someone would have to keep track of the score from home since nfl.com probably won't allow you to do it?

Thanks Dude!  I checked with NFL.com and they told me there was no way to set up two leagues with the winner of each league playing each other.  Looks like we will have 2 winners this season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

[QUOTE]

Thanks Dude!  I checked with NFL.com and they told me there was no way to set up two leagues with the winner of each league playing each other.  Looks like we will have 2 winners this season.

[/QUOTE]

I was going to contact NFL.com about you running the 2nd league without having to participate in it. It has to be possible, at least it is in ESPN leagues. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to freediro's comment:

I was going to contact NFL.com about you running the 2nd league without having to participate in it. It has to be possible, at least it is in ESPN leagues. 

Nope, not possible.  Here was their explanation to me.....

Thank you for reaching out to NFL.com customer support. We are happy to assist you.

We do not want to provide the possibility of an unnecessary middleman illegally trying to make a profit off the NFL's intellectual property by charging users to join a league they run on NFL.com, so we do not allow for anyone to run a league, who does not also run a team in the league. You could, however, invite a co owner to your team. 

Sincerely,
      NFL.com

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

[QUOTE]

Thank you for reaching out to NFL.com customer support. We are happy to assist you.

We do not want to provide the possibility of an unnecessary middleman illegally trying to make a profit off the NFL's intellectual property by charging users to join a league they run on NFL.com, so we do not allow for anyone to run a league, who does not also run a team in the league. You could, however, invite a co owner to your team. 

Sincerely,
      NFL.com

[/QUOTE]

Lame, oh well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Sincerely,
      NFL.com

[/QUOTE]

Lame, oh well.

[/QUOTE]

Check your BDC messages, please.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMUFranco. Show JMUFranco's posts

I'm down for the 1/2 point and one extra roster position.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

I'm all in on two leagues, 12 teams each. I don't understand the purpose in only going to a .5 point PPR. Why is that better than a full point?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

TFB12 I can help in any way that you need me to, even if it means moving to the benchwarmers to run that league. One thing, my daughter is getting married Aug 24 so obviously, I won't be available that weekend. Thanks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

TFB12 I can help in any way that you need me to, even if it means moving to the benchwarmers to run that league. One thing, my daughter is getting married Aug 24 so obviously, I won't be available that weekend. Thanks.

Hey digger I'm going to a big wedding on the 24 th , so that date is out for me also.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to Cyberknot's comment:

I'm all in on two leagues, 12 teams each. I don't understand the purpose in only going to a .5 point PPR. Why is that better than a full point?

Its not better, just my preference. Its a pass heavy league so if you go 1ppr then WR/TE have a lot more value. I have no problem if the league wants 1ppr instead of 1/2. In fact I'll raise you 1.5ppr

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMUFranco. Show JMUFranco's posts

Just had a question regarding the 6 up/6 down at the end of the season. If we have the league split into 3 divisions, wouldn't it be a little hard to quantify who moves up and down? For instance, in a division the records could be something like:

12-4
    11-5
    9-7
    8-8

While another division leader may get in with a 9-7, second place is 7-9, etc., much like in regular football.

So for the purposes of shuffling up and down of leagues at the end of the season, would it be the bottom 6 teams by team's overall record, or would it be the bottom 2 teams in each division?

I've personally never been a big fan of divisions in fantasy for what it's worth. Just figured like throwing the question out there.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In response to Cyberknot's comment:

You could have a guy catch ten passes for an average of 5 yards each and gain 15 points for a fairly poor performance versus a .5 PPR scoring which values catches but doesn't overvalue, ie. You'd only get 10 points. I remember losing by less than 5 points many times last year. You get the credit for a guy who catches that many passes but it makes it so WR aren't overvalued in this pass happy NFL. I know if it was a PPR full point league many would always use the flex spot for TE/WR and it would also change TE value of RB's. just my 2 cents on all this.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In response to JMUFranco's comment:

Just had a question regarding the 6 up/6 down at the end of the season. If we have the league split into 3 divisions, wouldn't it be a little hard to quantify who moves up and down? For instance, in a division the records could be something like:

12-4
    11-5
    9-7
    8-8

While another division leader may get in with a 9-7, second place is 7-9, etc., much like in regular football.

So for the purposes of shuffling up and down of leagues at the end of the season, would it be the bottom 6 teams by team's overall record, or would it be the bottom 2 teams in each division?

I've personally never been a big fan of divisions in fantasy for what it's worth. Just figured like throwing the question out there.

Its all about how you end the year, for example last year the only teams to stay would have been BostonSportsFan 9-4 (leage champ) Rocky 7-6 in  2nd, BradyWelkerfan 9-4 in 3rd, Pats littlewoody 7-6 in  4th, digger 7-6 in 5th and lastly leatherhelmets 7-6 in 6th.

Everyone else; Cyberknot at 5-8 in 7th, TFB12 at 6-7 in 8th, VictiriousSecret at 2-11 in 9th, PatsfdCasterlyRock(my team) at 7-6 in 10th, RexRyanisaDouche at 6-7 in 11th and Homecheese at 6-7 in 12th all would be sent to the minor league if this was implemented using last years record.

So, actually I would be the only team sent down to the minor league with a winning record. Playoffs are big in this league!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

12-4
    11-5
    9-7
    8-8

It would be determined by the playoffs at the end of the year.  The playoffs will decide places first through 12th.

At the start of each year I draw names to see who is in each division.  That will be how it is decided where the 6 teams moving over to each league will be placed.

Okay, so now JMUFranco's comment brings up another question....

Do we still want divisions in each league?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

[QUOTE]

12-4
    11-5
    9-7
    8-8

It would be determined by the playoffs at the end of the year.  The playoffs will decide places first through 12th.

At the start of each year I draw names to see who is in each division.  That will be how it is decided where the 6 teams moving over to each league will be placed.

Okay, so now JMUFranco's comment brings up another question....

Do we still want divisions in each league?

[/QUOTE]

They're fun, but ultimately a non factor. It's not like they cause scheduling issues with which teams play one another, unless I am mistaken.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

We have enough votes to decide on PPR league and Bench roster spot addition.

1.  A 1/2 point has been added for PPR - vote 8-1

2.  Bench roster has increased from 6 to 7 players - vote 7-2

Still hav another poll that needs to be decided.  If you have not voted, please do so.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Everyone happy with the scoring format? Same as last year ith exception of PPR has been added.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMUFranco. Show JMUFranco's posts

I'm cool with the scoring. I'd vote against the whole divisions setup if it came to a vote, but it's no big deal for me. What days are we looking at for the draft?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

Just don't ask for a sticky on this!

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

Join us Babe!

[/QUOTE]

I do appreciate the offer dig, but I don't do much FF anymore. It would cut into my bludgeoning Rusty time. LMAO

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

I'm good with that scoring.

Which website are we using (ESPN, Yahoo, etc.)?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

[QUOTE]

TFB how many guys and gals do we have total so far?

Everyone who played last season has first dibs on playing this season.  I have heard from the following so far...

BostonSportsFan

Me

Brady2Amendola

NEGAME

Freediro

Digger

Rocky

Cyberknot

Jmhfranco

PatsEng

WAITING for Leatherhelmets and Homecheese

Here is who I have on the list for the 2nd league in order of request.... Let me know if you are still interested.  Looking for a couple more players.  Will take in order of request.

PCMIV

Philskiwl

Ma6dragon9

Csylvia79

MagicalHobo

APpats

Noise

AyyyBoston

IrishMob

Open invite to TexasPat

[/QUOTE]

hi tfb12!   ill have to drop out of the second lge your trying to form, i found out my schedule got real busy these next upcoming months!  so please have the next in line take my spot, i wish i can do it, but i rather have someone who can keep up.......thanks so much and good luck !  

go pats!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Just don't ask for a sticky on this!

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

Join us Babe!

[/QUOTE]

I do appreciate the offer dig, but I don't do much FF anymore. It would cut into my bludgeoning Rusty time. LMAO

[/QUOTE]

I was hoping you would play.  Still a couple openings left if you change your mind.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

TFB how many guys and gals do we have total so far?

Everyone who played last season has first dibs on playing this season.  I have heard from the following so far...

BostonSportsFan

Me

Brady2Amendola

NEGAME

Freediro

Digger

Rocky

Cyberknot

Jmhfranco

PatsEng

WAITING for Leatherhelmets and Homecheese

Here is who I have on the list for the 2nd league in order of request.... Let me know if you are still interested.  Looking for a couple more players.  Will take in order of request.

PCMIV

Philskiwl

Ma6dragon9

Csylvia79

MagicalHobo

APpats

Noise

AyyyBoston

IrishMob

Open invite to TexasPat

[/QUOTE]

hi tfb12!   ill have to drop out of the second lge your trying to form, i found out my schedule got real busy these next upcoming months!  so please have the next in line take my spot, i wish i can do it, but i rather have someone who can keep up.......thanks so much and good luck !  

go pats!

[/QUOTE]

Darn it, I was looking forward to you playing.  Thanks for letting me know.  A couple years ago there were a couple players who dropped out mid way through the season, kind of screwed things up for the league so thank you for opening your spot to someone who will be able to play all season.

Sections
Shortcuts