Pats Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Pats Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football 2013

Both leagues are full!  Whew!  I didn't think that would be such a chore to fill the 2nd league.

Starters League (League #1) draft has been set for a while now.  it'd draft will be Sunday, Sept 1st at 7:30pm est.

Bench Warmers League (League # 2) draft is being voted on right now.  Make sure you guys in League #2 go in and find the poll and vote on the live draft day.

IrishMob is in the process of moving so once he gets all moved into his new place I will exit out of league #2 and turn it over to him to run.  Until then I will be getting the divisons set up and everything finished to turn it over to him.

Reminder to everyone.. Prior to the draft.  Make sure you rank your players.  If you won't be doing the llive draft then set change the draft setting to auto draft.  That way when it is your turn to draft you pick will be done immediatly, otherwise the rest of use will have to sit and wait while the timer counts down to 0 before it drafts your player. 

Any qustions?

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Hey League #1 teams, for some reason we can not draft at 7pm est time.  We can draft at 6:30pm or 7:30 pm eastern time.  Have no idea why we can't at 7.  So as of right now it is set for 7:30 pm eastern time.  If we want to change to 6:30 pm and get enoug people to say change it then we will.  But as of right now it is 7:30 pm est.

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Thanks, dropped the question in there .... just in case ... where is the poll?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Poll is in the discussions near the bottom, FYI, anyone else who cannot locate it. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

Poll is in the discussions near the bottom, FYI, anyone else who cannot locate it. 

Thank you for pointing that out and getting logos changed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

On my phone so it is easiest to post on here. As far as the draft time Saturday morning or Sunday night would work best for me.

Come on if you think you can take us on
    You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Hey, TFB! I take it that you've already held your draft. If so, I'd be interested in knowing where Wes Welker was drafted. If not, I'd be interested in knowing where you think he should be drafted.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Hey, TFB! I take it that you've already held your draft. If so, I'd be interested in knowing where Wes Welker was drafted. If not, I'd be interested in knowing where you think he should be drafted.

Man TP, I had a spot waiting for you.  I left several posts asking if you wanted to play but never got a reply.  Finally had to give your spot away.  I really thought we could talk ya in to it this season.

I participated in a live, in person, fantasy draft today and Welker went round 3.  Amendola went Round 4.  If Welker was available in round 4 I would have taken him, same as Amendola.

I picked 6th, My first 5 picks in order were

QB- Brady

RB- Spiller

WR- D. Thomas

WR- Wallace (would have taken Welker or Amendola here but they were gone)

RB- S. Jackson

I think Welker went a few picks early.  I think early 4th would have been where he should have gone.

I thought I would be able to pick up Sudfeld and Thompkins late because there weren't any other Pats fans there.  Thought they would sneak past everyone.  Not the case.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Man TP, I had a spot waiting for you.  I left several posts asking if you wanted to play but never got a reply.  Finally had to give your spot away.  I really thought we could talk ya in to it this season.

I participated in a live, in person, fantasy draft today and Welker went round 3.  Amendola went Round 4.  If Welker was available in round 4 I would have taken him, same as Amendola.

QB- Brady

RB- Spiller

WR- D. Thomas

RB- S. Jackson

I think Welker went a few picks early.  I think early 4th would have been where he should have gone.

I thought I would be able to pick up Sudfeld and Thompkins late because there weren't any other Pats fans there.  Thought they would sneak past everyone.  Not the case.

I like the Stephen Jackson pick. He should rush for over 1000 yards and score a few TDs in Atlanta, if he stays healthy. I would have chosen Amendola over Welker.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I like the Stephen Jackson pick. He should rush for over 1000 yards and score a few TDs in Atlanta, if he stays healthy. I would have chosen Amendola over Welker.

According to CBS fantasy sports Welker is bein drafted on average at the 42nd spot (mid 4th rnd) while Amendola is 49th (early 5th rnd).  I think he is being pushed back and not drafted ahead of Welker is because of his injuries and missing games.  

As a side note, I didn't like my Spiller pick at # 2, I had Martin in my sights to pick there but he was picked 2 spots ahead of me so I settled on Spiller.  I assumed he was okay after leaving the field holding his knee yesterday.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

According to CBS fantasy sports Welker is bein drafted on average at the 42nd spot (mid 4th rnd) while Amendola is 49th (early 5th rnd).  I think he is being pushed back and not drafted ahead of Welker is because of his injuries and missing games.   

As a side note, I didn't like my Spiller pick at # 2, I had Martin in my sights to pick there but he was picked 2 spots ahead of me so I settled on Spiller.  I assumed he was okay after leaving the field holding his knee yesterday.

Yeah...that was a scary situation for Buffalo. Spiller crashed into the end zone on a 2 yard TD run, and started screaming, and holding his right knee. It appeared really serious. But, apparently not, as he returned to play. I thought that the Bills were crazy for putting him a slightly limping Spiller back in the game.

You never know. If Spiller can stay healthy, he's could have another big year. After all, he is the Bills' offense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

QB- Brady

RB- Spiller

WR- D. Thomas

RB- S. Jackson

Could you elaborate some more on how you ranked these players? I'm interested in the draft results of that league and where you ranked the players. Might be easiest to just copy and paste or scan and post all your rankings here to save you the time

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:

Could you elaborate some more on how you ranked these players? I'm interested in the draft results of that league and where you ranked the players. Might be easiest to just copy and paste or scan and post all your rankings here to save you the time

Well first of all it was a different type of scoring system.  Game day rosters are 1 QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Def/ST.  all tds are 6 points.  1 pt for every 10 yards passing, rushing, receiving.  No PPR's.  So rankings are going to be different in this league then our league based on this scoring and roster positions.

What I did was used player projected yards and td's from a couple of sites.  ESPN and Fantasy Index.  Then created a spreadsheet and used the league point system to get total projected points based off these sites player projected yards and td's.  Ranked each player by position based on this.  Then as the draft went just take what was the best player available at the time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Yeah...that was a scary situation for Buffalo. Spiller crashed into the end zone on a 2 yard TD run, and started screaming, and holding his right knee. It appeared really serious. But, apparently not, as he returned to play. I thought that the Bills were crazy for putting him a slightly limping Spiller back in the game.

You never know. If Spiller can stay healthy, he's could have another big year. After all, he is the Bills' offense.

Rb's are tough this season.  I have never liked Jamaal Charles, Alfred Morris I like but he isn't rated high and Shady McCoy I like but isn't rated high.  And Spiller was ranked high but I am a bit iffy on him.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Well first of all it was a different type of scoring system.  Game day rosters are 1 QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Def/ST.  all tds are 6 points.  1 pt for every 10 yards passing, rushing, receiving.  No PPR's.  So rankings are going to be different in this league then our league based on this scoring and roster positions.

What I did was used player projected yards and td's from a couple of sites.  ESPN and Fantasy Index.  Then created a spreadsheet and used the league point system to get total projected points based off these sites player projected yards and td's.  Ranked each player by position based on this.  Then as the draft went just take what was the best player available at the time.

Wow thats weird. I've never seen a league with 1 pt per 10 yards passing. I like leagues set up where the players points are closer, which is why I like ppr. That means all the qb's blow all other positions away in points in that league. Do most of the top qb's go early in rd 1 or 2 or do people focus on other positions first, knowing they can get a good one later who will add a lot of value? For example in ppr leagues, I think wr go earlier because they have more value especially in this pass happy league where a lot of guys get over 100 receptions

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Wow thats weird. I've never seen a league with 1 pt per 10 yards passing. I like leagues set up where the players points are closer, which is why I like ppr. That means all the qb's blow all other positions away in points in that league. Do most of the top qb's go early in rd 1 or 2 or do people focus on other positions first, knowing they can get a good one later who will add a lot of value? For example in ppr leagues, I think wr go earlier because they have more value especially in this pass happy league where a lot of guys get over 100 receptions

Not sure what type of league I like best.  All have different things that make them fun.  For example, this league that I drafted in today is pretty plain jane.  This league has been going on for approx 20 years when there weren't different type of scoring formats and everyone likes it like that.  It is ran and scored the same as when it was first started that many years ago.  Everyone says it is more realistic to the game then the other leagues with different scoring formats.  No position is handicapped over any other position.  All positions are scored the same. 

Still it is interesting to see that over the past 20 years there has not been a proven strategy that has worked.  I guess that's why it is so fun.

The first 5 picks ahead of me today in order were:  Peterson, Lynch, Brees, Manning, Foster then I picked Brady.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Having the League Manager powers vested in me, I can elect to deduct points on a week-to-week basis off of Babe's team if he's grumpy in that given week Wink

But TFB, I have internet all set up so I'm ready to go!  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Having the League Manager powers vested in me, I can elect to deduct points on a week-to-week basis off of Babe's team if he's grumpy in that given week Wink

But TFB, I have internet all set up so I'm ready to go!  

Awesome!  Glad you got it set up and ready to go. A few more things still left to do before I have you delete me and take it over. 

Also, check your messages on here, please.  I just left one for you.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Ok everyone in the Starters League (League 1), the divisions have been set.  Names were drawn from a hat and placed into divisions. 

I don't like anyone in my division but that's okay, I should be able to beat them all. Hahahahah!!  Okay, just kidding on the not liking them part but totally serious on the should be able to beat them all part!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Ok everyone in the Starters League (League 1), the divisions have been set.  Names were drawn from a hat and placed into divisions. 

I don't like anyone in my division but that's okay, I should be able to beat them all. Hahahahah!!  Okay, just kidding on the not liking them part but totally serious on the should be able to beat them all part!

Yeah it's to bad TFB, you got put in the good division. Maybe next year you'll get tossed in the push over division and have a shot at the playoffs

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Not sure what type of league I like best.  All have different things that make them fun.  For example, this league that I drafted in today is pretty plain jane.  This league has been going on for approx 20 years when there weren't different type of scoring formats and everyone likes it like that.  It is ran and scored the same as when it was first started that many years ago.  Everyone says it is more realistic to the game then the other leagues with different scoring formats.  No position is handicapped over any other position.  All positions are scored the same. 

Still it is interesting to see that over the past 20 years there has not been a proven strategy that has worked.  I guess that's why it is so fun.

The first 5 picks ahead of me today in order were:  Peterson, Lynch, Brees, Manning, Foster then I picked Brady.

I agree, its fun playing in diffrent leagues. I usually play in 3 or 4 but this year just 2. Though I'm thinking of signing up for a keepers league just to check it out. ZBellino mentioned how the top teams nevr want to trade and mix up their rosters so that would be the only reason why I wouldn't

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Yeah it's to bad TFB, you got put in the good division. Maybe next year you'll get tossed in the push over division and have a shot at the playoffs

Actually he'll probably be bumped down to the benchwarmers league next year. We should start thinking who is going to run the starters league next year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Actually he'll probably be bumped down to the benchwarmers league next year. We should start thinking who is going to run the starters league next year.

Hahahaha, you guys kill me.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

You do a pretty good job of that yourself when you draft

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

You do a pretty good job of that yourself when you draft

Sections
Shortcuts