Pats TEs, and Belichick's apparently huge amount of faith

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

Re: Pats TEs, and Belichick's apparently huge amount of faith

bb just said that when they cut them thy expect to lose them..

last year it was GB that got raided with most players claimed... jets last two years put in most claims...for cut players

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

They can bring in the other Gronk to serve as a blocking TE. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rainbowroosie. Show rainbowroosie's posts

Solder will be the emergency TE; in fact, look for him to come free in the end zone in jumbo packages. I'd be amazed if they are not practicing that play.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Solder as 3rd TE ? Wasn't he a TE at one point. Probably a good blocker downfield.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BERNIENH. Show BERNIENH's posts

BB felt Algae is more valuable to the team for leadership. He comes back after week 1, when they do NOT have to guarantee his salary. It will be good to have him back!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Best guess, neither Lee nor Yeatman was as good as Crumpler, who is still unemployed.

Lee turned out to be too slow to get open, so he didn't catch passes, and he's not as good as Solder at blocking.  What's the point of having him? 

If Solder can practice with the Jugs machine, he'll always be taller than any defender and he has long arms, so he'll be open.

Yeatman will take up a valuable roster spot and give nothing useful for a while.  He's a possibility down the road maybe, but it looks like BB wasn't that impressed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Crumpler and Sharper will be here week 2

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I know we all think that BB made a mistake in exposing  Smith and Yeatman to the waiver process, well when has BB not calculated what he does in regards to his football team?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Pats TEs, and Belichick's apparently huge amount of faith:
    I know we all think that BB made a mistake in exposing  Smith and Yeatman to the waiver process, well when has BB not calculated what he does in regards to his football team?
    Posted by sportsbozo1

Asante Samuel...

Deion Branch...

Richard Seymour...

Some great draft day moves, some very questionable ones...

All three of those (player specific) moves made the team worse in the immediate, and the long-term gains can be debated. He calculates, just sometimes his calculations are off (Adalius).

As far as his drafting, it's not 100% great all the time, as evidenced by the looking back at 06-08 when their best work was done not off the draft board, but acquiring Welker/Moss.

I honestly think, with this one, hindsight being 20/20, he wouldn't expose both again. It's not an indictment on the man, just a conversation.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Master Hoodie weighs all the options and makes the best decision available to him for the team at the time...I think he probably thought he needed other things for the team as opposed to what either player was likely to provide given their rookie status and where the team is, hopefully, headed, and given that he is primarily motivated to achieve objective #1, win their division.

Also, as was stated by the King, Reiss has hinted several times that Crumpler is waiting in the wings. I wouldn't doubt that he was told to rest up, get healthy, given his age and injuries from last season, and to be ready for a call after week 2.

The roster of active players has not yet seen the end of added veteran players.

Sections
Shortcuts