Pats To Follow Late 90's Broncos?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ron-Burgandy. Show Ron-Burgandy's posts

Pats To Follow Late 90's Broncos?

I hope the Pats take the same direction as the late 90's Broncos. Those teams had an older Elway and built a great running game around him to take some of the pressure of him doing everything himself and it worked. Now I understand stumbling upon a T. Davis in a late round is highly unlikely, but if they can build a top 5 ground game and throw the ball a little less I think the latter years of Brady's career here will be successful. Yes Brady is among the best we have ever seen but getting that running game will help us return to the 03/04 years. I think we have the young talent to be extremly good the next 2-3 yrs. Sign a few FA's and draft some D help and we look good. I thnk Vereen can add a lot next year. As much as I like BJGE it might be time to get a tru difference maker at RB. I would love Forte but the Bears will tag him. Rice - not a chance. Maybe Lynch?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Pats To Follow Late 90's Broncos?

ridley and vereen are talented, but i would love to see a forte or lynch here, no doubt....maybe then the offense will be more balanced

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I think that the 90's Broncos are the exact model that NE will follow.  They started the process last year drafting Vereen & Ridley.  Neither of these guys contributed a whole lot this year (Ridley more than Vereen due to injury...), but I think they will be big contributers next year with a year of experience under their belts.  Also, our defense should recieve a nice boost through draft & free agency going into next year.  Our young players got some valuable experience this year, and I really believe that it will translate into a couple of more rings before Brady hangs it up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Unfortunately, unless they change their strategy, they are going the exact opposite way. Early in Elway's career they tried to win relying on him too much. Then they improved the defense and running game and won two titles.

Brady started with a running game and defense. During that span, he won three titles. For some reason, the last 5 years have changed to leaning hard on Brady and seeing how far he can carrying the team (which is pretty far, but not quite far enough).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

In Response to Re: Pats To Follow Late 90's Broncos?:
    [QUOTE]Unfortunately, unless they change their strategy, they are going the exact opposite way. Early in Elway's career they tried to win relying on him too much. Then they improved the defense and running game and won two titles. Brady started with a running game and defense. During that span, he won three titles. For some reason, the last 5 years have changed to leaning hard on Brady and seeing how far he can carrying the team (which is pretty far, but not quite far enough).
    Posted by FrnkBnhm[/QUOTE]

They have to change. The patriots founations destory from the SB. BB fills with the defense with undrafted people and from the  free angecy.

BB can't go back the things he did five years ago. Thankfully, we have players who are improve and some talented people like Hernandez and Gronk will be better next year.

If BB hit the jackpot in the free agency and the draft, then we will the SB next year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

First, BB the GM needs to get his head out of his azz and bring in somebody who can draft for the D.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ron-Burgandy. Show Ron-Burgandy's posts

I think they would change the philosphy a little bit if they had that stud RB. Forte would be the best fit but I can never see BB spending on that position. Injuries are going to be a concern going forward with Brady at his age. They have the line I feel to support a very good run game.