pats to sign mayo,s idol?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

pats to sign mayo,s idol?

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/7958/report-pats-look-into-signing-mayos-idol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

Re: pats to sign mayo,s idol?

solid pick up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

do it!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

If he plays a back up role im all for it. He is a bit undersized for a 3-4 MLB

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JBonesky. Show JBonesky's posts

We need something!  For depth at least.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

It would be a waste of mone I think but I am up for it for depth

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

In Response to pats to sign mayo,s idol?:
    [QUOTE]http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/7958/report-pats-look-into-signing-mayos-idol
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE] Per Pro Sports.com it's close to being a done deal

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I just don't see how a new guy, no matter how good he was, can contribute solidly as a LB before Mayo returns.  Is our system that easy to pick up?  I'd rather bring back Bruschi or Seau for the games he's out.  I'm not saying they have a lot left in the tank, but not knowing our complicated defense will not make a new guy look fast either.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

In Response to Re: pats to sign mayo,s idol?:
    [QUOTE]I just don't see how a new guy, no matter how good he was, can contribute solidly as a LB before Mayo returns.  Is our system that easy to pick up?  I'd rather bring back Bruschi or Seau for the games he's out.  I'm not saying they have a lot left in the tank, but not knowing our complicated defense will not make a new guy look fast either.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

i would assume he would come here to do what he does.... just pursue the opposing RB

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Why don't they just re-sign Vrabel?

(Yes, yes, I know. I know. I just wanted to write it before someone wrote it thinking it could actually be done.)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from geoffchox. Show geoffchox's posts

In Response to pats to sign mayo,s idol?:
    [QUOTE]http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/7958/report-pats-look-into-signing-mayos-idol
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]
    Its kinda amusing that you are posting a link to ESPN on a rumor which was originally reported in the bostonherald. (ur hometown paper). For all we know...you might be the source of this rumor...LOL!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from antleite. Show antleite's posts

I thought the patriots would have pulled the trigger in Derrick Brooks during the preseason due to the lack of depth and veteran experience at LB but I guess its better late then never. Junior Seau could be another option but he mentioned in an interview not to long ago that he would consider returning from retirement but only for the second half of the season so that he can spend time with his family.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to pats to sign mayo,s idol? : Its kinda amusing that you are posting a link to ESPN on a rumor which was originally reported in the bostonherald. (ur hometown paper). For all we know...you might be the source of this rumor...LOL!
    Posted by geoffchox[/QUOTE] how did you guess?are you the little book worm doing his homework?go blow your nose.here is another one i did.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/16/report-pats-thinking-about-going-after-derrick-brooks/

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]I just don't see how a new guy, no matter how good he was, can contribute solidly as a LB before Mayo returns.  Is our system that easy to pick up?  I'd rather bring back Bruschi or Seau for the games he's out.  I'm not saying they have a lot left in the tank, but not knowing our complicated defense will not make a new guy look fast either.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

For a long time vet, it won't be easy, but it is doable. This guy has been around and seen everything. It just comes down to terminology. If NE thinks Brooks is a better option, I think that speaks volumes about where Bruschi is right now, football-wise.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Is this legit I would love to see Brooks here.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to pats to sign mayo,s idol? : Its kinda amusing that you are posting a link to ESPN on a rumor which was originally reported in the bostonherald. (ur hometown paper). For all we know...you might be the source of this rumor...LOL!
    Posted by geoffchox[/QUOTE]

Yeah, like the Herald never posts false rumors....<Sarcasm />

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Here's a few more for those interested.  There are a ton of hits for this...

Not a done deal but it sure seems it's close.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=derrick+brooks+patriots&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Posted by geoffchox[/QUOTE]

Brooks signed a deal with ESPN today.  He told ESPN he will play if he gets an opportunity. (heard it on WDAE Tampa)

My guess is that if he makes a deal to play, his next phone call will be to ESPN.
    :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrDoItchBig. Show DrDoItchBig's posts

I hope so... he's a bit undersized but he has veteran knowledge which we really don't have much of right now and it showed when Mayo went down and those screens started picking the D apart. Mayo's supposed to be out around 6-8 weeks right?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

[QUOTE]I hope so... he's a bit undersized but he has veteran knowledge which we really don't have much of right now and it showed when Mayo went down and those screens started picking the D apart. Mayo's supposed to be out around 6-8 weeks right?
    Posted by DrDoItchBig[/QUOTE]

How can they sign Brooks under the salary cap?
    All the articles say he won't sign for the verteran minimum and I think he won't sign until the most desperate team becomes apparent.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

we have a little money to spend after the trade of Seymour... we have around 3 million right now i believe

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

they need to do something, Fred Jackson is a back up and he torched Guyton in coverage. Leon Washington next week to cover during screens? Oh boy, should be fun.....for the Jets fans.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]they need to do something, Fred Jackson is a back up and he torched Guyton in coverage. Leon Washington next week to cover during screens? Oh boy, should be fun.....for the Jets fans.
    Posted by Irkillendem[/QUOTE]

You don't think that A Thomas would move to cover Washington?  Or one of the Safties?  I don't know, I hea that Merryweather can cover.

See we had to keep the Safties back because of TO and Evans....the WR on the Jets are not as good, thus you will see better matchups on our side.....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Medic87. Show Medic87's posts

[QUOTE]I hope so... he's a bit undersized but he has veteran knowledge which we really don't have much of right now and it showed when Mayo went down and those screens started picking the D apart. Mayo's supposed to be out around 6-8 weeks right?
    Posted by DrDoItchBig[/QUOTE]

Depends on the grade of sprain,  there are 3 for knee ligaments, Grade 1 = simple sprain maybe some mild tearing of MCL,  Grade 2 = almost complete tear, a lot of micro tears and shredding of MCL but not completely torn, Grade 3= complete tear of MCL which is weird because this is obviously the worst one, however it is the least painful and can return a lot faster if no surgery, which they dont usually repair MCLs anyway.

I have not heard any reports of what grade of sprain it is,  i am assuming it is probably a grade 2 which should be closer to 4-6 wks,  Just like the WR Gonzales from Indy.

Sections
Shortcuts