Pats today, Miami tomorrow

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hannahlauren. Show hannahlauren's posts

Pats today, Miami tomorrow

The pats are still the class of the AFC east, and arguably the NFL. However, to be objective, Miami could be setting itself up to be very good, for a long time.
    They have a great big, young offensive line that will only get better. They are young, fast and big on defense. The jury is still out on Henne; he does have a big, accurat, arm and very good feet. All they need is to resign Brown and add a big talented WR.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

Re: Pats today, Miami tomorrow

I agree. They really need a wideout. They haven't had a number 1 guy in a long time. They're a tough team though..very physical. They are also very young. I watched Henne quite a bit and I think he's the real deal. He has a very strong arm. If only the receivers could actually hang on to the ball.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hannahlauren. Show hannahlauren's posts

In Response to Re: Pats today, Miami tomorrow:
    [QUOTE]I agree. They really need a wideout. They haven't had a number 1 guy in a long time. They're a tough team though..very physical. They are also very young. I watched Henne quite a bit and I think he's the real deal. He has a very strong arm. If only the receivers could actually hang on to the ball.
    Posted by perfect72[/QUOTE]

Perfect72,

Where are you from? I'm from here but have always been a diehard Dolphins fan. I think if Henne pans out and they can get a bigtime WR, this team can make some big time noise next year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Sparano is a good coach (aside from the 22 points given up in the 4th against the best offense in the NFL). They have good young players on both lines. They do need a legit #1 receiver and Ginn is only good in the return game ( drafted 9th overall). If you draft a WR 9th overall you better make darn sure he is basically Randy Moss, Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson or Steve Smith and not just a very good return man. The big questions are "Will Henne pan out ? " and "Can the Phins maintain a great running game "? I still think they're a couple of defensive playmakers away from being a good team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

not to completely invade this forum with phins fan...but i agree with you two...

i kinda wish we went out and got boldin in the off-season...but this team is very, very close to being an elite team...and that young defensive line is starting to play to their abilities...if we can manage to stop gibril wilson from looking lost in coverage, we could 5-2 right now rather than 3-4

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats today, Miami tomorrow : Perfect72, Where are you from? I'm from here but have always been a diehard Dolphins fan. I think if Henne pans out and they can get a bigtime WR, this team can make some big time noise next year.
    Posted by hannahlauren[/QUOTE]

I'm from New york but lived in Boston for the past 10 years. I am a die-hard Dolphins fan..have been for 33 years. As you can imageine being a Dolphin-Yankee fan in Boston is tough. They are putting the peices together to be a real good football team. They probably are a year or two away from being serious contenders though. At least they're moving in the right direction.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

They certainly are an impressive team, and I don't think the Wildcat is at all a gimmick for them; it really works.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Henne is getting hit like a bowling pin, about 10% of the time he drops back to pass he's sacked -- 124 pass attempts and 14 sacks so far.  Where's the future in that?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JBonesky. Show JBonesky's posts

Yeah that secondary you got over there looks pretty solid.  Henne will win some games but he is not championship material.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Pats today, Miami tomorrow:
    [QUOTE]The pats are still the class of the AFC east, and arguably the NFL. However, to be objective, Miami could be setting itself up to be very good, for a long time. They have a great big, young offensive line that will only get better. They are young, fast and big on defense. The jury is still out on Henne; he does have a big, accurat, arm and very good feet. All they need is to resign Brown and add a big talented WR.

Pats today Miami yesterday. I think it's good to hope your team will be good in the future but I spent decades saying that about the Bruins, Celtics when they stunk and Red Sox for ever before they won. The bottom line is I was living a lie and unfortunately I think you may be too. When you watch a game they look like they have potential but they most likely won't get much better than what you're seeing unless they come up with some super star draft picks or Free agent signings. With the exception of Joey Porter I don't have anything against Miami but they really aren't close right now. If it wasn't for us Getting Tom Brady in there I would probably be saying the same thing about the Pats and we wouldn't have won anything either.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

In Response to Pats today, Miami tomorrow:
    [QUOTE]The pats are still the class of the AFC east, and arguably the NFL. However, to be objective, Miami could be setting itself up to be very good, for a long time. They have a great big, young offensive line that will only get better. They are young, fast and big on defense. The jury is still out on Henne; he does have a big, accurat, arm and very good feet. All they need is to resign Brown and add a big talented WR.

you make valid points but, the pats defense is young. Brady says he can play about 10 more years barring injury, they have 3 second round picks in the next draft and 2 first round picks in 2011, so they will still be a force in the Afc east for years to come.

Now that Rex Ryan is in New York, they have to be considered an Afc East threat every year, especialy if Mark Sanchez becomes the quarterback everyone expects him to be.

So i do think Miami has set themselves up to play well for the next 6-8 years, but the Pats and Jets are doing a good job on that front as well.

Maybe the best division in football in a couple years?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

as long as miami holds on to parcells,and keeps a good coaching staff,they will get better.but its not like the pats are not building for tomorrow either,or will they stop bringing in free agents that fits BB schemes.but when it comes to miami,and newengland games,the pats have struggled regardless.tom brady is 9-5 against the dolphins compared to other teams.when these two teams play,there always tough.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I will disagree with one thing. Their defense isn't young. They have some good young players, but some of their major contributors are old.

Porter, Bell, Ferguson, Taylor, Allen. Those are major parts, and aside from Allen, they have nothing on the roster to relpace them right now.

That team got a fresh look, but not fresh players.

In the next two years they have a lot of pressure to develop a nose tackle, two outside linebackers, and at least one safety.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

Ghost needs to put the ball out of the end zone on every kickoff.After watching New Orleans adjust and dismantle Miami in conjuction with our adjustment last year when Matt Cassel and company put up 48 points in our second meeting with the Phins, I see little to worry about if we can consistently force Miami to start on the 20 yd line and our OL keeps Brady's jersey clean. Weather shouldn't be a factor.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]I agree. They really need a wideout. They haven't had a number 1 guy in a long time. They're a tough team though..very physical. They are also very young. I watched Henne quite a bit and I think he's the real deal. He has a very strong arm. If only the receivers could actually hang on to the ball.
    Posted by perfect72[/QUOTE]

let's get real here. the Dolphins need 3 wideouts & a TE

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

You guys are really missing the boat here. Nevermind TEs and WRs, Miami like any other NFL team, isn't going anywhere without an elite QB. They're a long way from there with penne.    

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Fasano is a serviceable TE and Camarillo is a legit slot WR, but they need a big play receiver.  I think Dez Bryant would be a good fit for them if he declares (which he still might considering the threat of slotted rookie salaries in the future).

Jake Long is a cornerstone and Ronnie Brown is a beast, but Ricky Williams is a running back of a certain age, and it's not a good thing for his longevity.

I think Pennington should be retained as a coach if he can't return to the field because he's taught Henne how to be a QB that doesn't lose football games, which is more than most teams can ask for.

I think the Dolphins can only be the distant future of the AFC East if Parcells sticks around for longer than his usual 3-4 years, which is not a realistic expectation given his track record.  Even then, the Patriots will be competitive for as long as Belichick is the coach, and even perhaps afterwards if he becomes the Patriots' godfather/overlord/world-controller.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Patriots are in a rebuilding year.  They signed 11 free agents.  Then they drafted four players in the top of the second round alone.  All four are expected to  produce this November.  Butler and Vollmer are starting, Chung is more active, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Ron Brace in on run defense this Sunday.  Third rounder Tate is now activated.  I count 9 of the Patriots' 2009 draft choices on the roster and a tenth 2009 draft choice on IR.  The average team only was given 7 draft choices to start with.  Oh, and you really don't want to know how many extra second and first rounders are already stockpiled for future draft years.

The Patriots are a team of tomorrow.  Sure they struggled early in the year with 20 newbies, but most of the newbies have gotten better.  Judge this 2009 team by their September play at your own risk.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Well could be Pats today and tomorrow should our young D keep on improving. Plus we have quite a few draft picks the next two years. So the Pats could rebuild themselves into the dynasty of next decade without missing much of a beat.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]They're a long way from there with penne. Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

Is that Penne Pasta or Henne Pasta ? The way Parcells has Sparano setting up the Phins is just have a QB like Simms and Hostetler. Not flashy, Not a superstar just enough to control the clock and that has always been Parcells MO.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats today, Miami tomorrow : let's get real here. the Dolphins need 3 wideouts & a TE Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

Yah like Chambers ? Living in SD and listening to SD fans they aren't too impressed with what they have for recievers and Tight Ends. Haven't really gotten real far with all the speedsters the bolts have now have you jbolted ?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

It's all well and good for Dolphins fan to be optimistic about his team's future (whether that optimism is warranted or not). But to suggest that Miami may be the "team of the future" in the AFC East presupposes that the Pats are going somewhere.

They're not.

It has been well documented in previous posts that the Pats have not only maintained a virtual stranglehold on the divsion for most of a decade, but have done so with continually evolving personnel and are currently smack in the middle of what can only be considered a youth movement, while not having appeared to have slipped appreciably (time will tell). This franchise has a business model that clearly works, and while it sometimes angers the fans to see some of their favorite players (and sometimes some of the best performers on the field) jettisoned in favor of that model, in the long run, the Pats keep winning and that will soothe savage fan every time.