pats took vareen

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vegasredsox. Show vegasredsox's posts

pats took vareen

rb

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: pats took vareen

Emily Schaible: 
    Scouts Inc. on Vereen

Pros: A competitive player. Is willing to contribute in many different areas to help the team. Finishes his runs and does not shy from contact. Shows a very good natural feel as a runner. Feels creases opening on the backside. Is patient and will wait for his blocks to develop. Also shows good vision as an open-field runner.  

Cons: A bit of a slow starter. Builds speed as he goes. At his best once he gets going downhill that's when he shows some burst. Adequate-to-good lateral agility but not elite. Can stop and start without losing much, but does not show same foot quickness as other backs smaller backs like Kendall Hunter and Derrick Locke.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617AcrossDaBoard. Show 617AcrossDaBoard's posts

Im lost... Mikel Leshoure???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Greg A. Bedard 
    Sat behind Jahvid Best, and some scouts think Vereen is better. Not much wear and tear. Nearly 6-0, 211 and 4.49. Good receiver.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

W T F ?  

PASS RUSHER!!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Chris Mortensen 
    Patriots take Cal RB Shane Vereen. Can catch it. The future Kevin Faulk? 
     Ian R. Rapoport 
    Shane Vereen was a team captain at Cal who averaged 5.1 yards per rush in 2010
     Dan Roche 
    Vereen had most bench press reps(31) at Combine, played in pro offense, considered good pass protector, good hands 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Greg A. Bedard 
    Tampa Bay GM Mark Dominik told Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Vereen "He might be one of the most ready to play behind Ingram

shalise manza young 

Vereen stats: 5-10, 210 pounds, rushed for 1167 yards and 13 TDs last season at Cal; also had 22 catches

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from phfspec. Show phfspec's posts

Watched Vereen for three years at Cal. Contrary to reports he does has speed-believe he was a top 100 yard dash man in the state along with Best and runs hard. Plus a great kid.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Solder...ok;  Dowling...BOOO!;  Vereen... meh

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from vegasredsox. Show vegasredsox's posts

no speed 40 time was 4.58 that sucks for a rb

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ys2A9Mm2hQ

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BamaPat. Show BamaPat's posts

It's Ingram vs. Vareen. Let's see all the BB apologists at the end of the next season when Ingram has 1,200 to 1,400 yards with 30 to 40 catches and this guy has 600/700 with 20 catches.

One of the rare times we can compare directly how two teams' decisions turned out.

Both will be on good teams that throw alot and have other backs as well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjpat. Show jjpat's posts

This draft sucks!!!!! Cobb would have been nice! He will look good in GB. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

In Response to Re: pats took vareen:
    no speed 40 time was 4.58 that sucks for a rb
    Posted by vegasredsox

4.5 40 yard dash. where did you get 4.58?
    Ingram ran a 4.61, Vereen ran a 4.5 flat.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from vegasredsox. Show vegasredsox's posts

combin time was 4.58

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

neither times are particularly exciting. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from emiliosCA. Show emiliosCA's posts

the kid is a solid player, maybe everyone was looking for +500 yds or a few more TDs and then you wouldn't be whining about his times. he is coming in to run with woody and law firm, do you really think the pats are just going to up and draft the first back off the board? does that sound like them? do you watch the team?

vereen carried the entire cal offense last season. they stacked the box and made riley throw, then riley got injured, and then the offense really just came down to vereen. and he still produced. he is going to become an excellent contributor to the offense, not a "kevin faulk" or whatever the talking heads are saying, but he is going to fit in very well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

A few highlights that look solid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvhknDF_3V4&feature=share

Good vision, DECISIVE, nice lateral movement and catches out of the backfield. A lot of plays are reminicent of plays the Pats like to run, particulary middle draws/dives, and the stretch that Maroney could never figure out.

It's not like our other backs stink anyway and he brings yet another dimension to the table. I'm digging this pick.

BTW, I'm in the camp that thinks we should have taken Ingram instead of trading that pick so I'm trying to see this from the best side I can. College Highlights don't say it all (do they Laura?) but there was enough here to make me feel pretty good.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from goredsox100. Show goredsox100's posts

A few highlights that look solid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvhknDF_3V4&feature=share Good vision, DECISIVE, nice lateral movement and catches out of the backfield. A lot of plays are reminicent of plays the Pats like to run, particulary middle draws/dives, and the stretch that Maroney could never figure out. It's not like our other backs stink anyway and he brings yet another dimension to the table. I'm digging this pick. BTW, I'm in the camp that thinks we should have taken Ingram instead of trading that pick so I'm trying to see this from the best side I can. College Highlights don't say it all (do they Laura?) but there was enough here to make me feel pretty good.
    Posted by jedinate

A terrible pick here for an offensive weapon. Mikel Leshoure was sitting right there, a reliable workhorse who can catch passes. Congrats! Detroit for taking him next, and rightly so. We stupidly trade into the 3rd round? Why? We also could have had Randall Cobb, another guy who is gonna prove his worth in the NFL. I am just confused with this draft. Last year, it all made sense. This year, outside of Solder and Mallet, I'm at a loss. Not sure Mallett is a Patriot's type player, but he's a hell of a QB with an amazing arm. A great QB to groom with zero pressure on him for the next three years. I'm just confused with the RB selections and trade downs. We have passed on some amazing talent in need areas. I hope BB knows something about free agency that we do not.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from grkell1. Show grkell1's posts

how you take vereen and ridley - and i am not knocking them at all they are good players but pass on leshoure - i just don't get that at all. leshoure is going to be very good and i think we should have done more between these 2 picks to fill needs other than just rb's. that said i hope these guys turn in to dillon and faulk

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RonMex2. Show RonMex2's posts

Saw a nice breakdown at http://60maxpowero.com/draftermath1.html

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Leshoure = Maroney 2.0 another dancer behind the lines.  Much rather Shane

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: pats took vareen : A terrible pick here for an offensive weapon. Mikel Leshoure was sitting right there, a reliable workhorse who can catch passes. Congrats! Detroit for taking him next, and rightly so. We stupidly trade into the 3rd round? Why? We also could have had Randall Cobb, another guy who is gonna prove his worth in the NFL. I am just confused with this draft. Last year, it all made sense. This year, outside of Solder and Mallet, I'm at a loss. Not sure Mallett is a Patriot's type player, but he's a hell of a QB with an amazing arm. A great QB to groom with zero pressure on him for the next three years. I'm just confused with the RB selections and trade downs. We have passed on some amazing talent in need areas. I hope BB knows something about free agency that we do not.
    Posted by goredsox100

agreed; and especially...

" I hope BB knows something about free agency that we do not."

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Leshoure = Maroney 2.0 another dancer behind the lines.  Much rather Shane
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon

This is kind of what I thought when i saw him; he seems to go way too easy for a back his size and looks like he can't follow blocks or see things develop.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I'm from the wait and see group, BB drafts Captains of there teams for their leadership abilities.they become Captains on their teams because of their football skills,hence good football players and leaders. So if you look at each pick you'll fing that BB drafted 4 Captains this year,Mallett,Vereen,Solder and Cannon the other players were solid contributors on their respective teams.

Sections
Shortcuts