7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Pats trade for tampa's Talib!!!

In response to pezz4pats's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just heard it. 

Go Bill!  Go Pats!

[/QUOTE]

Wow, man Pezz i thought u were uckingf with me!  Thats great news, Best since my 2nd son was born. Real TALK!

I guess B.B. agreed with most us fans and realized a change was needed. Now we have a good man cover guy but will we still stay a mostly zone team??

He hasnt lit it up the last couple years after doing well as a rookie but he def. has the most talent after DMC and actually has BALL SKILLS!!!

Yaaaaaaaah!  Finally BB doing something to help our D and not Waste another Brady year...!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/8580848/aqib-talib-traded-new-england-patriots-tampa-bay-buccaneers

He has 7 passes defended in 4 games played this year. Looks like he has 1 game left on suspension for Adderall. 1st rd pick in 2008, he has 18 picks in just over 5 years.

What better place to get a 2nd chance and up your game then the Patriots locker room!'

Great move by a great GM.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I love the move.  I assume they'll be receiving someone from our Offensive personnel or a draft choice.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Mighty2013's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Was suspended for PEDs.  Hopefully the enhancement lasts through February.

[/QUOTE]

lol

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/8580848/aqib-talib-traded-new-england-patriots-tampa-bay-buccaneers

He has 7 passes defended in 4 games played this year. Looks like he has 1 game left on suspension for Adderall. 1st rd pick in 2008, he has 18 picks in just over 5 years.

What better place to get a 2nd chance and up your game then the Patriots locker room!'

[/QUOTE]

I'm Happy!

Just what the DR ordered.

Talib>Moore

Assuming BB did his homework, Great Move!

Sometimes cures come with risks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Mighty2013's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Was suspended for PEDs.  Hopefully the enhancement lasts through February.

[/QUOTE]

lol

[/QUOTE]

last I checked Adderall was the most common prescribed drug for ADD or ADHD. The effects are purely mental with regards to concentration (commonly known as the college exam drug) 

Surely an upgrade physically, but has the rep of a knucklhead. BBmust feel the locker room can handle a knucklehead, or he is desperate.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Talib, 26, said he "made a mistake" by taking an Adderall pill without a prescription. The drug is considered a stimulant and banned without a prescription, according to league policy.

"Around the beginning of training camp, I made a mistake by taking an Adderall pill without a prescription," Talib said in a statement released by the team. "This is especially regrettable because, for the past several months, with Coach Schiano's help, I've worked very hard to improve myself — professionally and personally — as a player and a man.

"I am truly sorry to my teammates, coaches and Buccaneers fans, and I'm disappointed in myself. I will work diligently every day of this suspension to stay in top football shape and be ready to help this team in the second half of the season. I have chosen to be immediately accountable for the situation I put myself in, which is why I will not exercise my appeal rights and will begin serving the suspension immediately."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm Happy!

Just what the DR ordered.

Talib>Moore

Assuming BB did his homework, Great Move!

[/QUOTE]

Commitment to a run game, and another 1st rd draft pick on the defense....We are all happy!!!!

Hard to curb our enthusiasm when we just made an attempt at improving the weakest part of our team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

He's been suspended twice, so there are character concerns.  However he is a serious booster shot to the secondary as he has great skills and will no doubt be in the starting lineup in short order. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

It's a terrific move, even before knowing what they gave up in return.  Heck, I'm pretty sure the Pats can keep his temper in check through the SB parade.  If he acts up after that and has to get released it was still worth the gamble.  The Pats must capitalize while the TB window is open.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I cant imagine it was more than a draft choice...I would have guessed a 5th, but the PAts traded away the 5th and 6th for 2013. Maybe it was for 2014? A 4th round choice in 2013 sounds rich for this guy...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/01/buccaneers-trade-aqib-talib-to-patriots/

Big Upgrade for D! Woohoo!  Better than anything we got! Good Move Pats!  I like it.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

They got a guy who can play CB.  We'll see what they had to give up.  Given that good CBs are hard to find, good move.  If anyone can deal with a mercurial player it's BB.  Worth the shot, the guy wouldn't be available if he was a model citizen. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

We'll find out soon enough what the ultimate cost for him will be.  But look at it this way, BB has been handing out 1st and 2nd round picks on corners for years like they were tickets at a town fair and look where that's gotten us.  "If" he can play, start, and improve the secondary while keeping his head on straight it was well worth whatever draft pick we gave up. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Patriots gave up a 4th round pick in 2013...they get Talib and a 7th.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4733591/bruschi-what-talib-move-means-for-pats

Sections
Shortcuts