Pats trade for tampa's Talib!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

Re: Pats trade for tampa's Talib!!!

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

From what I understand he can come back for the Colts game. It will be interesting to see how quickly he can get up to speed on the Patriots defense. Assuming he stays out of trouble, he is a welcome addition... Now if we can just find a safety (or two)...

[/QUOTE]

Why in the world would we want him to "get up to speed on the Patriots defense?" Because our pass defense is so good? Seemsto me he'd want to ignore anything Boyer can teach him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to sml1210's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

From what I understand he can come back for the Colts game. It will be interesting to see how quickly he can get up to speed on the Patriots defense. Assuming he stays out of trouble, he is a welcome addition... Now if we can just find a safety (or two)...

[/QUOTE]

Why in the world would we want him to "get up to speed on the Patriots defense?" Because our pass defense is so good? Seemsto me he'd want to ignore anything Boyer can teach him.

[/QUOTE]

yes and by extension bb (on cb play). there is no way bb would have a coach teeaching somehing he bb did not believe in (not in a lacky coach). if we had mangini, one coudl surmise it was his teachings being used by the players

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

trading in a 4th for a 7th is rough, but this situation is beyond bad. unfortunately, I don't think it's just a talent problem, but also a system issue, and not sure any one player can come in and make a real difference. with that said the team hasn't been the same since assante samuel left (not that that was the only issue) and how can it get any worse? this guy is instantly their best defensive back and if it goes bad that's the just the price they'll have to pay for the spot they find themselves in. he plays well, behaves, perhaps they tie him up for a year or two more. likely a shelf life - he'll act up again eventually, but the system/coach might be enough to keep him under wraps for awhile. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

I heard the Pats will do more man press coverage. Good idea with Talib and Dennard.

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Really, how hard can it possibly be to get up to speed with a system that is making their average opponent look like a top 5 elite QB?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I like the move, but it really is feast or famine.  I'm glad they did something...and any 4th round pick and lower wasn't going to amount to anything defensively in our system as it stands now.

I hope it works out...i really do.  Should be interesting.  I'm glad they gave it a shot.  I hope Talib plays his game within the structure of the overall defense...ignoring whatever drivel Boyer and co. are whispering in his ear.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

Adderol is the same drug that Spikes was taking a few years back.  He was also suspended for 4 games.  Definitely a concentration drug.

Things have turned out well for Spikes.... let's hope the same.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Really, how hard can it possibly be to get up to speed with a system that is making their average opponent look like a top 5 elite QB?"

True - the less he knows about our system the better. Maybe he can teach McCourty and some of the other guys how to look for the ball and get less obvious PIs against them. 

Great move on BB's part, had to do something and what we gave up was well worth it for this diceroll....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I heard the Pats will do more man press coverage. Good idea with Talib and Dennard.

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

where did ou hear this. why woudl they publicize it. it IS what they should do (play more man)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Ytsejamer1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like the move, but it really is feast or famine.  I'm glad they did something...and any 4th round pick and lower wasn't going to amount to anything defensively in our system as it stands now.

I hope it works out...i really do.  Should be interesting.  I'm glad they gave it a shot.  I hope Talib plays his game within the structure of the overall defense...ignoring whatever drivel Boyer and co. are whispering in his ear.

[/QUOTE]

you hAVE IT exactly right.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Really, how hard can it possibly be to get up to speed with a system that is making their average opponent look like a top 5 elite QB?"

True - the less he knows about our system the better. Maybe he can teach McCourty and some of the other guys how to look for the ball and get less obvious PIs against them. 

Great move on BB's part, had to do something and what we gave up was well worth it for this diceroll....

[/QUOTE]

What this guy, and most anybody else with any sense should realize is; if you are at a crossroads in your career where people are wondering if you are a fail; if BB gets you and lets you go, you absolutely are. I hope this guy realizes after BB in a deal like this there is only pretty much the scrap heap as an alternative destination.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What this guy, and most anybody else with any sense should realize is; if you are at a crossroads in your career where people are wondering if you are a fail; if BB gets you and lets you go, you absolutely are. I hope this guy realizes after BB in a deal like this there is only pretty much the scrap heap as an alternative destination.

[/QUOTE]

That is true, but it is not like he had a no trade clause, I do not think he chose to come here. I think Tampa Bay new they weren't doing anything this year and saw a chance to get something for a guy they were going to let walk at the end of the year anyhow.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

This is a great move, exactly what was needed. It immediately improves the defense considerably.  If he loves football he will get his act together here.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is a great move, exactly what was needed. It immediately improves the defense considerably.  If he loves football he will get his act together here.

[/QUOTE]
    Does he love football?

Can players suspended for PED use practice with their team during the suspension? Do we know if this guy is in football shape? 

The reports out of Tampa are that people are extremely happy to have him gone. The consensus is that they are a better team without the headaches of having him than they are with having his skills on the field. By most accounts, they were going to cut him once his suspension was over  if they could find a taker.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I bet he doesn't stay on the roster for the rest of the year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I bet he doesn't stay on the roster for the rest of the year.

[/QUOTE]

Unless he causes off field trouble, I don't think he will be bad enough to bother cutting. 

Looking at the Tampa Bay's defense, they were allowing 345 passing yards per game before Talib was suspended (including the Giants game with Cruz and Nicks had 11 catches for 179 yards and 10 for 199 respectively). 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to jri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

what prison uniform number did they issue him?

[/QUOTE]

Amen. This guy is a major head case. I realize that the Pats are desperate for help in the secondary. But, getting this clown is a gross deviation from "The Patriot Way". There's no comparison between the type of troubles that this guy has had, to Corey Dillon and Randy Moss. Dillon and Moss were more moody than troublesome. But, Talib is a thug. This is a waste of a 4th round pick: 
    http://www.nesn.com/2012/11/aqib-talib-brings-off-field-baggage-elite-level-talent-to-deprived-patriots-secondary.html; and http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/bucs-make-a-mistake-in-bringing-back-aqib-talib/1256629

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

what prison uniform number did they issue him?

[/QUOTE]

Amen. This guy is a major head case. I realize that the Pats are desperate for help in the secondary. But, getting this clown is a gross deviation from "The Patriot Way". There's no comparison between the type of troubles that this guy has had, to Corey Dillon and Randy Moss. Dillon and Moss were more moody than troublesome. But, Talib is a thug. This is a waste of a 4th round pick: 
    http://www.nesn.com/2012/11/aqib-talib-brings-off-field-baggage-elite-level-talent-to-deprived-patriots-secondary.html; and http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/bucs-make-a-mistake-in-bringing-back-aqib-talib/1256629

[/QUOTE]

Tex, none of us know yet if its a wasted pick. The links you posted above are written by writers that know no more about the game than you or I. Why take their word for it? The Tampa writer even states emphatically that Talib is an extremely talented player but wants him gone because Schiano has a "Buccaneer way' of doing things and Talib violated it by getting suspended. I ssay lets ee how it plays out. Does anyone here think we are better off with Sterling Moore or Kyle Arrington playing over Talib?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

This is pretty simple. BB has an elite passing game. He has a good running game. Nobody is doing better than his run D.

But his pass D is a mickey mouse joke and the Brady gravey train is about to pull into the station. Time's a wastin'!

Why in hell wouldn't he pull the trigger on a guy who could perhaps bring that abysmal secondary to a level of respectability?

He's giving up a late 4th for an early 7th. Draft value equals that out to a late to middle 5th rounder. The guy has half a season left on the contract. He causes any grief cutting him is no big loss at all. It's pretty much a "win/not lose too much" situation.

BB may not be a great drafter, but as I have always said; he's a pretty good trader.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is pretty simple. BB has an elite passing game. He has a good running game. Nobody is doing better than his run D.

But his pass D is a mickey mouse joke and the Brady gravey train is about to pull into the station. Time's a wastin'!

Why in hell wouldn't he pull the trigger on a guy who could perhaps bring that abysmal secondary to a level of respectability?

He's giving up a late 4th for an early 7th. Draft value equals that out to a late to middle 5th rounder. The guy has half a season left on the contract. He causes any grief cutting him is no big loss at all. It's pretty much a "win/not lose too much" situation.

BB may not be a great drafter, but as I have always said; he's a pretty good trader.

[/QUOTE]

thanks for clariying to everyone wht might otherwise be obvious. 

as i have said elsewhere. bb is all in for this super bowl

he may cut him after the season even, but if it helps us get a super bowl it was a brilliant move.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Talib has definitely had some issues.  I don't think BB would jump the gun and not take that into consideration in making the move for him.  If they get even a season and a half of solid production from him before his next incident, then it's a win deal. 

No guarantee a 4th round pick will be a Aaron Hernandez or - yikes- a Jonathan Wihlite.

Bedard calls this a "desperation move."  Why?  He's got an abundance of talent and the secondary is sorely lacking.  It's called an UPGRADE.  From Schiano, a coach BB respects.  Desperation moves are picking guys up off the street.

[/QUOTE]

Earlier on this thread I said BB must be desperate. 

Talib is an 8 game band aid. If he has one issue, he is gone. 

Bedard alludes to who were that Pats competing for on Talib. Buc's were thinking of releasing him. 

While Adderall is a common drug in today's society, it is a controlled substance, prescribed in 30 day increments, and ALL insurance companies, including the company employed by the NFL will not fill the prescription before 30 days to the day. 

Talib seemingly was taking this medication without prescription. He has legal trouble dating back to high school, including violence. 

I thought that Jenkins has a greater body of work than Talib. Wonder if the Cowboys would have considered A 4 th for Jenkins? 

I credit BB for recognizing a problem, and doing something to try and fix it. I question the fix. 

As an aside, Talib is here and let's hope for the best. I assume he might also be the primary KR as I believe he did this fairly well with the Buc's. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

You got to wonder how the pats lockerroom feels about this? I am sure they will publicly tote the company line, but I got to think guys know he is a knucklehead. 

Persoannly I am not worried by him getting into trouble....he is gone...it's the potential negative effect it could have in the lockwroom that concernS me. 

This moron got into a fistfight with a teamate of his during the rookie thing the nfl does every year for new guys. I just hope if he is feeling frisky he decides to go off on spikes and not a guy like Brady, this guy is a ticking timebomb and although he has talent, he also has the potential to be more trouble than hauls worth and a detriment to the lockwroom....see fat Albert, adelius, etc...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Pats Lifer - great call on Haynsworth.  That is what this reminds me of.

That is why I am saying he is not on the roster for long.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Mighty2013's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Was suspended for PEDs.  Hopefully the enhancement lasts through February.

[/QUOTE]

lol

[/QUOTE]

last I checked Adderall was the most common prescribed drug for ADD or ADHD. The effects are purely mental with regards to concentration (commonly known as the college exam drug) 

Surely an upgrade physically, but has the rep of a knucklhead. BBmust feel the locker room can handle a knucklehead, or he is desperate.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying the guy is a junky, but Adderall is a lot more than just a little mental/concentration drug. For people that take it without actually having ADD it can have a simialr affect to other drugs that increase energy and concentration (see cocaine). There's a reason why people kill for this stuff - it's not because it just makes you concentrate a bit more.

[/QUOTE]

Adderall is essentially speed. It's just a time release version of amphetamine. 

The guy could have been taking it recreationally for all we know. 

Regardless, when he came out I wanted NE to take him in the draft because I thought his skill set matched other corners who played well in the system -- ie., he was a polished zone corner coming out of college who had a knack for making plays on the ball. Kind of like Asante and Law who both worked well with what BB does. 

A fourth rounder for a "cup of coffee n' see what happens later" with a player like him is a great deal. Worst case scenario, you are out a fourth. Best case scenario, he 'gets it' and he 'gets' what NE does on defense and you have a pretty good corner there for a 4th.