Pats trade for tampa's Talib!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: Pats trade for tampa's Talib!!!

Hopefully he can make it thru the seasonw/out needing to post bond or getting suspended for hitting the pipe.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Patriots gave up a 4th round pick in 2013...they get Talib and a 7th.

[/QUOTE]

not bad. Is he signed thru the 2013 season?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

On paper an outstanding move getting a talented 1st round caliber CB for a 4th round pick.

Obviously comes with some risk but he wouldn't have been available if there weren't some issues.

Big talent upgrade.

Is he able to practice or participate in any team meetings right now or not until after the Bills game?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Hey guys, can you let me back on the Titanic? The water is freezing! =) 

Dennard, Talib and Marquice Cole?!! I like that! 

McCourty and Chung at Safety?!! 

Let's go!!! I jumped off the bandwagon because of the secondary, but this is a darn good trade!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rezneffix. Show rezneffix's posts

His suspension ends on the 4th. That means he will be ready to go then, pratice/meeting wise.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rezneffix. Show rezneffix's posts

source

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000079902/article/aqib-talib-of-buccaneers-suspended-four-games-for-adderall-use

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rezneffix. Show rezneffix's posts

I was actually wrong. It looks like he has to sit out the next game. He will be eligible to play against the colts (reported by multiple other sources). Very confusing!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

From what I understand he can come back for the Colts game. It will be interesting to see how quickly he can get up to speed on the Patriots defense. Assuming he stays out of trouble, he is a welcome addition... Now if we can just find a safety (or two)...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Mighty2013's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Was suspended for PEDs.  Hopefully the enhancement lasts through February.

[/QUOTE]

lol

[/QUOTE]

last I checked Adderall was the most common prescribed drug for ADD or ADHD. The effects are purely mental with regards to concentration (commonly known as the college exam drug) 

Surely an upgrade physically, but has the rep of a knucklhead. BBmust feel the locker room can handle a knucklehead, or he is desperate.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying the guy is a junky, but Adderall is a lot more than just a little mental/concentration drug. For people that take it without actually having ADD it can have a simialr affect to other drugs that increase energy and concentration (see cocaine). There's a reason why people kill for this stuff - it's not because it just makes you concentrate a bit more.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

From what I understand he can come back for the Colts game. It will be interesting to see how quickly he can get up to speed on the Patriots defense. Assuming he stays out of trouble, he is a welcome addition... Now if we can just find a safety (or two)...

[/QUOTE]

McCourty should be the safety since the Pats already have two other capable CBs in Dennard and Cole. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

lol

[/QUOTE]

last I checked Adderall was the most common prescribed drug for ADD or ADHD. The effects are purely mental with regards to concentration (commonly known as the college exam drug) 

Surely an upgrade physically, but has the rep of a knucklhead. BBmust feel the locker room can handle a knucklehead, or he is desperate.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying the guy is a junky, but Adderall is a lot more than just a little mental/concentration drug. For people that take it without actually having ADD it can have a simialr affect to other drugs that increase energy and concentration (see cocaine). There's a reason why people kill for this stuff - it's not because it just makes you consentrate a bit more.

[/QUOTE]

false. $3.00 per tab on every college campus in america.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

McCourty should be the safety since the Pats already have two other capable CBs in Dennard and Cole. 

[/QUOTE]

I am not sure about that I am not sold on either Dennard or Cole yet. I would rather see Talib be the #1 corner, which takes pressure off of McCourty. Maybe as the second corner, he can relax and get back what he showed as a rookie.

I know people seem to like McCourty at safety, but I do not get it. Was their pass defense really that much better with him back there.

They did not really give up much (the always to have plenty of 4th round picks), we need to see if they can get him up to speed fast enough to make a difference by the time the playoffs roll around. He is a FA after this season, so if he does play well he will probably cost more than the Patriots are willing to pay.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

ouch...totally unlike BB...another IR move coming?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

ouch...totally unlike BB...another IR move coming?

[/QUOTE]

Some one has to be getting off the roster... they dropped two and added two yesterday...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

lol

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying the guy is a junky, but Adderall is a lot more than just a little mental/concentration drug. For people that take it without actually having ADD it can have a simialr affect to other drugs that increase energy and concentration (see cocaine). There's a reason why people kill for this stuff - it's not because it just makes you consentrate a bit more.

[/QUOTE]

false. $3.00 per tab on every college campus in america.

[/QUOTE]

Dude you got to be kidding me...three bucks?!?! A friend of mine took this stuff by accident (it was his wife's). He said it was the best day of his life - he was doing three things at once and doing it better than he ever had. He said he felt so mentally pure and relaxed - yet so focused and determined. He went the whole day eating only a pop tart and never felt better...till he crashed later that night.

Kind of scary when you think about it.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to user_4083541's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I was actually wrong. It looks like he has to sit out the next game. He will be eligible to play against the colts (reported by multiple other sources). Very confusing!

[/QUOTE]
    He would have been available had he remained on the Bucs becasue they play this week, as a Pat with the Bye he has to sit another game.  Too bad the trade deadline wasn't next Tue, we could have started him against the Bills

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's been suspended twice, so there are character concerns.  However he is a serious booster shot to the secondary as he has great skills and will no doubt be in the starting lineup in short order. 

[/QUOTE]You know BB spoke with him first, before the trade, to get a sense of where this player's mind is right now.  He doesn't trade for head cases.  At least, not at first.  See - Moss.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am not sure about that I am not sold on either Dennard or Cole yet. I would rather see Talib be the #1 corner, which takes pressure off of McCourty. Maybe as the second corner, he can relax and get back what he showed as a rookie.

I know people seem to like McCourty at safety, but I do not get it. Was their pass defense really that much better with him back there.

They did not really give up much (the always to have plenty of 4th round picks), we need to see if they can get him up to speed fast enough to make a difference by the time the playoffs roll around. He is a FA after this season, so if he does play well he will probably cost more than the Patriots are willing to pay.

[/QUOTE]

Cole is a great slot CB, he's impressed me everytime I've seen him. He was great in preseason game 3 and 4. He was also excellent in week 1 and against the Rams. Topple with the fact that Arrington can't play the slot....or the outside and I don't see why Cole would lose the job. And Dennard has actually been a vast improvement, he's played his side really well. 

On McCourty playing safety, has actually helped the defense a lot. The problem has been the rookie Wilson who keeps getting beat on a double move deep. McCourty has only played in two games at Safety, one with the Jets and Rams.

McCourty at safety made sure that Bradford stay with the check down and made sure he doesn't go deep. And against the Jets, Sanchez picked on the slot with Curley and the TE, not Dennard or Cole (didn't play against the Jets, Arrington played the slot) or McCourty.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

lol

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying the guy is a junky, but Adderall is a lot more than just a little mental/concentration drug. For people that take it without actually having ADD it can have a simialr affect to other drugs that increase energy and concentration (see cocaine). There's a reason why people kill for this stuff - it's not because it just makes you concentrate a bit more.

[/QUOTE]

LMAO.

Typical post apocalyptic war type response from you. This really did make me laugh out loud.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

lol

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LMAO.

Typical post apocalyptic war type response from you. This really did make me laugh out loud.

[/QUOTE]

Listen four people died over this stuff...I googled it!!!!

No I'm just kidding.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Hopefully he can go the rest of the season w/out shooting anyone or using aderol.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!!!