Pats trade idea

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

Pats trade idea

I was looking through the trade chart and I found a trade that might really go down but I'm not sure if the other team is a likely partner.  Kansas City and SP sit just 4 picks behind us at #21.  What if BB trades #17 and #74 (1170) for # 21 and #55(1150)? Both are almost equal in the amount of points on the trade value chart.  Out of all the trade ideas that I've read about, this one seems more likely than BB trading up into the top 10.  

We more down 4 in the first and in return move up almost 20 slots from the 3rd into the 2nd.  Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nathan-ndeira. Show nathan-ndeira's posts

Re: Pats trade idea

the trade that i would to see, is the patriots moving up and drafting Marcel Dareus, to our 2 first round picks for that slot, we still have 2 second round picks after that, in 2001 we drafted richard seymour at number 6, to me if dareus falls past denver and BB has got to make the move to move up and get it him, because Buffalo will not draft him, if not taken by denver at 2 he could fall to browns at 6 or the titans at 8, he is the perfect 5 technique player for the patriots in this draft to me

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from paularnold. Show paularnold's posts

The problem with trading for Dareus is that using the trade value chart, the Pats would have to give up picks 17, 28, 33, 60, and 92 to get to the 2nd pick (where he probably goes).  If he falls to 3rd that means picks 17, 28, and 33.  If he is somehow still there at 4, it would cost 17, 28, and 92.  There is no way he falls to 6 or 8 as you suggest.  I have a hard time believing he gets past the Broncos.  I think the Bills could definitely use him at end.  Kyle Williams had a great year for them but in getting rid of Stroud they still have a place for him.  It would probably be between him and Von Miller at this pick.  Cincy has QB problems but if they don't feel that Gabbert is worth it they could use a DT as well.  AJ Green would also be a consideration.  I don't know if the Cards would be interested in making a deal at 5 if he were still there because I think they would run to the podium for him or Von Miller.  The cost here would be both firsts and a fourth or 17, 33, and 74.  I would love for the Pats to get Dareus, but I just think it is too cost prohibitive at this point and goes strongly against BB's draft philosophy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I have read of a very specific trade between the Pats and Dallas where the Pats would trade up to the Dallas pick if either of the 2 WRs were still available. I believe the trade was something like the Pats giving up 17, their 2nd picks in the second and third and receiving Dallas' first rounder and fourth.

I have mixed thoughts about this possibility.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

On a different issue surrounding this draft, there will eventually be a new CBA - at least you have to assume that eventually there will be. In any case no draft pick will be able to sign with a team till there is. And it is highly likely that this will include a big adjustment to the pay of first round picks. The effect will be most dramatic in the top 10 picks and even more hightened in the top 3. This WILL change the math for BB. It doesn't mean he wont want to trade down anymore or that he wont trade into subsequent years. But it will lessen the cost and so increase the value of first rounders... and high first rounders.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

You know, I've kinda got used to the idea of trading out of to acquire more picks.  I would even say that I'd like to see them trade #17 and 74 for #21 and 55.  Then trade #28 to SD for #50 and 61.  Then trade #33 for a second this year and a 1st in 2012.

We could score something like-
    2011:#'s 21, 43, 50, 55, 60 and 61

2012: and extra 1st rounder 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

In Response to Re: Pats trade idea:
    [QUOTE]I have read of a very specific trade between the Pats and Dallas where the Pats would trade up to the Dallas pick if either of the 2 WRs were still available. I believe the trade was something like the Pats giving up 17, their 2nd picks in the second and third and receiving Dallas' first rounder and fourth. I have mixed thoughts about this possibility.
    Posted by portfolio1[/QUOTE]

So this would be the Pats 17, 60, and 92?  That seems about right points wise.  I'm not sure about grabbing any WR that high.  That position is too risky for me.  But maybe TB needs a new weapon.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

Anyway you look at it, BB has the ammo to do what he pleases this year.  Trade up, trade down or stay put; it should be interesting.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjkoko. Show jjkoko's posts

Would it be possible for us trade 28 and Merriweather to get us in a position to draft Prince Aku?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

[QUOTE]the trade that i would to see, is the patriots moving up and drafting Marcel Dareus, to our 2 first round picks for that slot, we still have 2 second round picks after that, in 2001 we drafted richard seymour at number 6, to me if dareus falls past denver and BB has got to make the move to move up and get it him, because Buffalo will not draft him, if not taken by denver at 2 he could fall to browns at 6 or the titans at 8, he is the perfect 5 technique player for the patriots in this draft to me
    Posted by nathan-ndeira[/QUOTE]
    Almost all of the fans for all of the teams in the NFL want their particular team to trade up in the first round.   Nobody wants to trade down, except the Patriots, and always for a good price.

The original trade idea has two flaws.  First, the Pats should ask for an additional sixth rounder.  If they don't make a good profit, why trade at all? 

Second, Scott Pioli over at Kansas City is too sharp to make a really bad trade.  Hold out for a Carolina, San Francisco, Oakland or San Diego so that the Pats can score a stupid trade on the other team's part.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nathan-ndeira. Show nathan-ndeira's posts

yeah the dareus trade idea i suggested it a bit too big to make, theres great talent outside of him for the Patriots, BB has really been looking at DE wilkerson would to me is like Shaun ellis. i cannot wait for this draft because if draft like we did last year and then i say SUPER BOWL!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

No players are allowed to be traded until after the new CBA is signed.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

portfolio1, I've been thinking alot about that trade rumor with the Pats moving up to select WR Green or Jones.  Both of those guys have been slipping lately.  Once regarded as a top 3 player, Green seems to have slipped to about the 10 spot.  And Jones seems to be a lock at #14.  I looked at 7 mocks yesterday and they all had Jones going to St. Louis at 14.  It is very rare to see a unanimous pick that late in the 1st round.  I've never seen anything like it.

Anyhow, I would who BB would pick if that rumor was true and both were available at #9.  Who do you think BB would want more?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nathan-ndeira. Show nathan-ndeira's posts

see i think choosing between Green and Jones is hard, BB and Nick Saban connection, Jones is physical but his playing speed is different to the combine, Green is much faster on Tape than he was at the combine, they are both great players, but to me i would choose Green, he's a great route runner and if you look at the patriots WR depth chart, those receivers are great route runners, Green can stretch the field while also being able to work the middle of the field, he has more flexibility in terms versitility on the offence

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

I'm starting to think theres a good chance that we could end up with both WR Julio Jones and RB Mark Ingram.  How crazy would that be? 

I bet BB could pull it off, it really depends on what his buddy Nick Saban says about them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

Another rumor that came straight from OT Tyron Smith is that the Cowboys promised to take him in the 1st round.  It seems like #9 overall is a bit too high for him and I bet they already have a deal in place to trade back with the Pats at select him at #17.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

[QUOTE]Would it be possible for us trade 28 and Merriweather to get us in a position to draft Prince Aku?
    Posted by jjkoko[/QUOTE]

Due to the CBA issue players are not allowed to be part of any trading situation on draft day. Only the trading of draft picks.

So this will limit any opportunities the Pats used in the past like when they obtained Welker and Moss.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

Instead of limiting the Pats, I think they will be better off since they have more picks to negotiate with. The teams with the least amount of picks will be limited.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

LT your trades are realistic, but you need to say who you would want at those picks, no use trading unless you have someone in mind. cool name though, what happens when you get promoted?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

[QUOTE]LT your trades are realistic, but you need to say who you would want at those picks, no use trading unless you have someone in mind. cool name though, what happens when you get promoted?
    Posted by 00chief00[/QUOTE]

There are alot of suggestions on getting defensive players, but we had the youngest D in the league last year and I think we should let them grow.  After portfolio suggested that we trade up for Green or Jones, I've really fallen in love with that idea.  At #28, we should grab Ingram, and then trade #33 for #42 and a 2012 1st and select TE Kyle Rudolph at 40.  BB does well drafting OL in latter rounds and he could select a few then.  

How does that sound?

I didn't really think of a new name, but you're right.  I'll have to do something if I get promoted.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Pats trade idea:
    [QUOTE]I was looking through the trade chart and I found a trade that might really go down but I'm not sure if the other team is a likely partner.  Kansas City and SP sit just 4 picks behind us at #21.  What if BB trades #17 and #74 (1170) for # 21 and #55(1150)? Both are almost equal in the amount of points on the trade value chart.  Out of all the trade ideas that I've read about, this one seems more likely than BB trading up into the top 10.   We more down 4 in the first and in return move up almost 20 slots from the 3rd into the 2nd.  Thoughts?
    Posted by Army2LT[/QUOTE]

pass

Sections
Shortcuts