Pats trade Mankins to Raiders for 1st and 3 picks.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

Pats trade Mankins to Raiders for 1st and 3 picks.

Face it, it's coming. Pats trade Mankins to Raiders for their 2011 third pick and 2012 first pick or some other crap. By the time we cash in those picks we'd be regretting letting Mankins go. 

We have a constantly supply of player we should signed up but havent who we can ship to Raiders so we always have Raiders first round pick in addition to our own. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Pats trade Mankins to Raiders for 1st and 3 picks.

Yeah I highly doubt that Oak won't want to draft in the 1st round for the next 2 years, but how about a team that just got a young QB who needs protecting? Either way I think asking a 1st next year wouldn't be asking a lot. Considering at least the weakness the draft presents with the large out pour of talent this past year. 

Rams - Now we'd have to convince them that they'd be a playoff team with Mankins protecting Bradford but with their young QB a pro-bowl G protecting his blindside playing next to a young rookie T could be worth it's weight in well 1st round picks. This isn't mentioning the benefit of opening holes for Jackson

Browns - With McCoy in the mix and the odds of them being some where in the mid rounds who wouldn't want a G to build a line around 

Broncos - They are expecting to be a playoff team. The drafted a running QB who needs a well rounded blocking G to not only open holes but to protect his inability to read blitzes (lets face it Tebow would get rocked on blindside blitzes in college)

Panthers - Clausen might become a great QB but in the ND system he needed time to throw the ball. Carolina's line isn't it's strong suit and having a pro-bowl G would go along way to help improve it.

Those are just 4 teams that would love to pick up a pro-bowl G and there are at least 4 more off the top of my head that would want him. All most likely between the 5-25 pick range next year. If you take the gamble and win big you can get one of the top 2 G's in next years draft or at worst the top C in next years draft (provided someone is willing to trade a 1st for him). So, worst case is you move Kaczur to LG for a couple years while the young G's work themselves in and you draft the top C to replace Koppen. Then take that 7mil you saved on Mankins and resign Brady, Gost, and maybe Moss with it. Not such a bad thing imo.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

I'm sick of trading with the Raiders.  The Pats need players, not picks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

the teams mentioned above building around young qb's need tackles, not guards. I just do not see a team paying a guard more than the Pats offered, and offering draft picks on top of that salary.
    I am wondering if the Pats allow Mankins to explore what type of deal is out there, and if there is interest, then make a trade. Something tells me that Mankins and his agent misread the market. Paying the guy top 5 position salary is fair on the Pats end, although I have not seen any particulars on guaranteed money. One would assume that Mankins would want 16-19 mil in guaranteed money, and what with Brady also in a similiar position, the Pats are managing the future cap well IMO.
    Pats OL philosophy has always been quantity over quality, coaching players up, not over reaching for the OL or over paying. Seems to me they are fairley well stocked to weather Mankins not on the team

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

I agree ronk1. How much does he want? For a player to get that kinda money, he's game should be flawless. He still has trouble with the penetrating DTs. However, he's borderline great on those bubble screens to Welker & Faulk. With that being said, he is not worth the money is he looking for. 7/mil per is overpaying and he doesnt want that. So, try & trade him or let his azz sit & lose a year of money. This guys agent must know something we all dont. In a league where alot is done behind the scenes, I wonder if they have had contact with potential suitors for his services. Just a thought!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

I honestly don't think they'd get a first rounder for Mankins.

If he were a left tackle--the most valuable O-Line commodity in the NFL today--then they'd get a first rounder.

I think you're looking at a 2011 #2 and maybe a 2012 #3 in return for him. If they're lucky, perhaps a team would throw in a conditional #4/#5 pick in 2012, too, based on playing time, incentives, etc.

He's not worth as much as he thinks he is.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1023us. Show m1023us's posts

Isn't Mankins a Restricted free agent at first rounds tender?  If anyone wanted him for a 1st and a 3rd, they could have already had him without offering a trade.  Someone correct me if I am wrong......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Pats won't trade a "this year" player to the Raiders, because with every training camp flub, the Raiders' first round pick keeps getting more and more valuable.  Mankins is hot and ready to make a difference this year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

How is a 2012 first rounder from Oakland "crap"?  For a guard?  The Pats would do that deal in a heartbeat. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

While Mankins is a good player, lets not forget the '07 SB against the Giants where Justin Tuck beat him many times and getting to Brady. Look at the tales, Mankins cost us that game

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RahZid. Show RahZid's posts

1023, Yes, he was tendered at the1st and 3rd round pick level (the highest level), so i a team was interested in giving up that much for him then they could have already.  That being said, just a 1st round pick wouldn't be out of the question.

Datdude,

I can tell you with 99% certainty that he has had contact with potential suitors.  That's usually what you do when you are a free agent, even if it is a restricted free agent.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RahZid. Show RahZid's posts

Jader,

It's tough to point the finger at any 1 person for that loss.  Asante also cost us that game, as did Hobbs and the O-line.  Also, if Moss were a half step faster they would have pulled it out at the last second and still won.  Mankins got beat by a DE playing DT, you aren't going to face many DT's with the skills Tuck has.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

I would be shocked if any team gave up a 1st for Mankins , especially now that he's gone public asking for a trade. And if the Pats are actively trying to trade him as we speak. I can see us getting a first if we wait a couple weeks and some team has a key injury at that position. Im not sure what exactly we offered him , but from all reports we've heard its absolutely fair. Theres no way Im giving him Evans money. For the most part I like the whole Pats O-line , but they have had their low points and since the SB they've had some pretty bad games. And he does have trouble w/ both NT's/DT's that can get to the QB , guys like Big Al and Jenkins. As for possible partners Id look at teams like Detriot ,  ST Louis , TB , Oakland , KC , GB , Jacksonville , Phila and Gints. And I have to take issus w/ you Rahzid about Moss. That game was absolutely lost up front and Moss couldnt do anything all day because 12 was eating dirt from jump. And he was open on I believe the 2nd bomb , he had almost 2 steps , but 12 couldnt get in to him. In all fairness to 12 it was about a 65-70 yard throw.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

As stated above ...Mankins was a first round tendered player meaning that any team willing to give up a 1st and 3rd rounder could have had him , however most GM's aren't eager to sell off their drafts first pick just weeks before a draft .Now that the draft is over , there might be a willing GM or two who might consider aquiring Mankins and deferring payment another 10 months ( especially if it's only a 1st  without the 3rd tagged on ). There are hot seat GMs out there that know that they have to WIN NOW
     ( come April 2011 , who knows if they will even have a job drafting )

Best case scenarios  :
    A) Both sides sit back down and get a fair deal ironed out
    ( my guess is the sticking pt is Gaurenteed $$$ )

B) Pats trade Mankins for a proven commodity .

C ) Pats trade Mankins for a bad teams 2011 1st rounder . 
        ( Depending on the team ...I might even be willing to throw in an extra pick )
     Example - Rams #1 for Mankins & Pats 3rd rounder

That pick could end up being #1 overall !

Sections
Shortcuts