Pats travelling a day early to adjust to altitude.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Pats travelling a day early to adjust to altitude.

This is great news IMO.   It shows the attention to detail that Belichick is known for.  The extra day will let them adjust better and understand how to deal with any issues that come up.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Re: Pats travelling a day early to adjust to altitude.

It's not going to make much of a differance. Two days or less is not enough time for your body to adapt a whole lot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Altitude doesn't matter.  The Patriots breathe teamwork and preparation, not oxygen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Altitute thing is such a crock....if there was anything to it how does any team basedin Denver ever lose???

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

It takes more then a day or two, lol!!

I'm surprised teams don't make a bigger deal of this when they are headed there to play.  It is a factor, bigger factor then people think, apparently.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is great news IMO.   It shows the attention to detail that Belichick is known for.  The extra day will let them adjust better and understand how to deal with any issues that come up.  

[/QUOTE]

I was hoping they would have gone a day earlier but Brady had the trots.  I am not entirely sure 1 day does anything. Maybe they can get up high somewhere at an outdoor restaurant with fire pits and try to get acclimated.

[/QUOTE]

right....   go to 7000 ft say Vail and do a walk through there.   Have dinner there.  This will train them to make 5000 ft seem more like normal .

And please people stop saying it is irrelevant.  that is ignorant beyond belief.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

So the city must have been lower from 1960-1972 as they didnt have a winning season until 1973,,,,,,

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

The altitude is a real thing (go for a hike out here straight off the plane and see), but it is really more of an endurance thing and I don't think football/basebell players really get affected much by it.  It really hits you when get the heart rate up for a while.  A few sprints in a 3 hour football game isn't going to feel that much different, but for the lineman who have an elevated heart rate for longer periods, it might catch up with them a little.

One day does make a difference, albeit not a big one.  Your body starts producing more red bloods quickly.  Each day that goes by, you're catching up.  An extra day helps.  It's a good idea. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Did Allen, KT, dobbie go on the plane?

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The NFL should -shut down the Denver operation and move it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Site is insane. Actually prevented me from using the word -shut-. (Had to add the dashes.)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from umichfan. Show umichfan's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Site is insane. Actually prevented me from using the word -shut-. (Had to add the dashes.)

[/QUOTE]

WTH is wrong with the word -shut?  GEEZ!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

“@DENAirport: Guess who just landed at DIA? Guess they didn't see the sign. #UnitedInOrange http://ow.ly/i/4kbae”

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

its a shutty site

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

According to Reiss, this has nothing at all to do with altitude.  The Pats usually do this whenver they are playing a 1PM EST game in a different time zone.  The game is being played at 11:00 AM local time in Denver.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

It's relevant, but I don't see this as early either.  I guess they could have flown out tomorrow morning but this seems to be a bit more leisurely, IMO, and I don't think it's enough time to acclimate.

What they should do is go up higher than stadium level where there is even more of a difference.

[/QUOTE]

thats what I said   ^^^^^^^^^^...    go to vail for a day and do your walkthroughs at 7000 ft.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to carawaydj's comment:
    [QUOTE]

According to Reiss, this has nothing at all to do with altitude.  The Pats usually do this whenver they are playing a 1PM EST game in a different time zone.  The game is being played at 11:00 AM local time in Denver.

[/QUOTE]

wrong 3pm eastern 1pm mtn.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It's relevant, but I don't see this as early either.  I guess they could have flown out tomorrow morning but this seems to be a bit more leisurely, IMO, and I don't think it's enough time to acclimate.

What they should do is go up higher than stadium level where there is even more of a difference.

thats what I said   ^^^^^^^^^^...    go to vail for a day and do your walkthroughs at 7000 ft.

[/QUOTE]

lol

It would the best way to acclimate at such a late juncture.

[/QUOTE]

I was wrong....  Vail which is around 2 hours drive from Denver is 8000 ft at the base. (even better)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

5,000 feet isn't that significant, but 2 days is significantly more than 0 or 1.  Costa Rica is almost 4,000 feet and I feel almost nothing running on a treadmill for an hour at the same speed I do at sea level.  I go about twice a year.  By the 3rd day, i have no difference.  And running without stop is a lot harder than shortbursts followed by 40 seconds of rest to recover your oxygen.  The hitting on the line will not be a lung affecting activity, it will be the receivers, running backs and defensive backs only.  There will probably be no effect on the participants during play, unless they have individual issues with altitude, ,maybe a few do, not everyone.