Pats V. Broncos flexed.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: Pats V. Broncos flexed.

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Rusty, you seem like you are pretty into music.  Me too, probably to a lesser degree.  Random question, what is your favorite all time concert?

That is a very tough question.  Maybe the Stones in 2002. My first and only one.  Flew down to Atlanta with friends for $100 a ticket which seemed like a bargain at the time, which it was. About 20 rows deep right in front of the extension stage.  It was cool. No Doubt got booed off the stage as the opener. lol

Maybe Floyd '94 at Foxborough Stadium.  That was an eye opener because it my first real rock show. Maybe my first Crowes show for $15 on a warm up run through the Northeast and Midwest. Got me hooked on them.  Could not believe how good they were, live.  

I remember seeing the Allmans for the first time one night laterwhere I saw the Allmans a night later and called the Crowes would sitting in. Two of em did on Southbound at Great Woods.  It was cool.  Someone gave me this bootleg of the Allmans and Crowes jamming at Burt Reynolds ranch in Jupiter, Florida.  It was wild.   Apparently there was so much smoke, the fire department came.   That imagery is priceless.

Or a Crowe show I saw at Red Rocks, with a private acoustic show the next night.  That was a great weekend.

It's tough to answer that now.  My biggest regrest is not being more into the Dead when I was 18.  Garcia died so I've only seen the spawn bands since, which actually have been quite good.

Page/Plant in April of ;95 at the Garden. I think that may have been one of the last concerts even held there.  I remember taking some paint chips off one of the seats.

I've seen pretty much every legend you could think of, some a few times over.  I prefer seeing bands and artists in theaters if at all possible. Hate arena shows.  Clubs are the best.

Just saw Leon Russell recently about a 5 minute walk from my place.   He's old, but it was great.

Now I just try to hit festivals, regionally, where you can see a lot of bands all at once, camp with friends and just enjoy good weather and food. Some of these musical festivals have killer food tents, by the way.  

Nice.  My favorite was Pearl Jam in Seattle.  I've seen them 3 times, Boise, The Gorge Amphatheatre in Central Washington on the Columbia River (best concert venue I've ever seen by far), and Seattle. Seattle show was their best.  I guess home field advantage counts in music too! I another great show was Candlebox and Our Lady Peace at a tiny venue called The Met in Spokane.  Maybe 200 people there.  Very cool show.  Saw Seether there too more recently.  Rage Against the Machine at The Gorge was a great one, too.  I was in high school at the time and really into them.  Probably not one I would enjoy quite as much now.

Yeah, I've heard about t\he Gorge. Sits up high above the river. People rave about that place, but I can;t imagine a better venue than Red Rocks.

Never been to Red Rocks. Have heard it is awesome.  The Gorge is less than 30 minutes from my farm, so we go there more than anywhere.  Used to be a great diamond-in-the-rough place, now it is like everywhere else..commercialized and expensive.  Still an unbelievable setting, though.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

In response to qball369's comment:

Rusty, you seem like you are pretty into music.  Me too, probably to a lesser degree.  Random question, what is your favorite all time concert?

That is a very tough question.  Maybe the Stones in 2002. My first and only one.  Flew down to Atlanta with friends for $100 a ticket which seemed like a bargain at the time, which it was. About 20 rows deep right in front of the extension stage.  It was cool. No Doubt got booed off the stage as the opener. lol

Maybe Floyd '94 at Foxborough Stadium.  That was an eye opener because it my first real rock show. Maybe my first Crowes show for $15 on a warm up run through the Northeast and Midwest. Got me hooked on them.  Could not believe how good they were, live.  

I remember seeing the Allmans for the first time one night laterwhere I saw the Allmans a night later and called the Crowes would sitting in. Two of em did on Southbound at Great Woods.  It was cool.  Someone gave me this bootleg of the Allmans and Crowes jamming at Burt Reynolds ranch in Jupiter, Florida.  It was wild.   Apparently there was so much smoke, the fire department came.   That imagery is priceless.

Or a Crowe show I saw at Red Rocks, with a private acoustic show the next night.  That was a great weekend.

It's tough to answer that now.  My biggest regrest is not being more into the Dead when I was 18.  Garcia died so I've only seen the spawn bands since, which actually have been quite good.

Page/Plant in April of ;95 at the Garden. I think that may have been one of the last concerts even held there.  I remember taking some paint chips off one of the seats.

I've seen pretty much every legend you could think of, some a few times over.  I prefer seeing bands and artists in theaters if at all possible. Hate arena shows.  Clubs are the best.

Just saw Leon Russell recently about a 5 minute walk from my place.   He's old, but it was great.

Now I just try to hit festivals, regionally, where you can see a lot of bands all at once, camp with friends and just enjoy good weather and food. Some of these musical festivals have killer food tents, by the way.  

Rusty - maybe you and I have met! - I was on the field for that 94 Pink Floyd concert - it was awesome - they put on a great show- probably my favorite as well

was at that show myself, 9th row--it was incredible!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Nice.  My favorite was Pearl Jam in Seattle.  I've seen them 3 times, Boise, The Gorge Amphatheatre in Central Washington on the Columbia River (best concert venue I've ever seen by far), and Seattle. Seattle show was their best.  I guess home field advantage counts in music too! I another great show was Candlebox and Our Lady Peace at a tiny venue called The Met in Spokane.  Maybe 200 people there.  Very cool show.  Saw Seether there too more recently.  Rage Against the Machine at The Gorge was a great one, too.  I was in high school at the time and really into them.  Probably not one I would enjoy quite as much now.

Yeah, I've heard about t\he Gorge. Sits up high above the river. People rave about that place, but I can;t imagine a better venue than Red Rocks.

Never been to Red Rocks. Have heard it is awesome.  The Gorge is less than 30 minutes from my farm, so we go there more than anywhere.  Used to be a great diamond-in-the-rough place, now it is like everywhere else..commercialized and expensive.  Still an unbelievable setting, though.

Washington State, Seattle, and that Cour D'Alene Idaho region are all gorgeous spots.

Yeah, I love it.  I lived and worked in Coeur d Alene for 6 years.  Loved it.  Really a beautiful place.  I'm going to buy a vacation home there when my kids are older.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Hey Rusty,

Remember that time...

RKarp said Tommy Kelly was done for the year and you mocked him up and down the river and then Tommy Kelly was done for the year and you were standing there all by yourself, still trying to point fingers away from yourself?

Yeah, man.  That was great.

That must be why you're posting about going to concerts instead of talking football.  I'd avoid all football talk too if I were you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

It's amazing how certain posters just reek of Google searches.

Yeah, I seen Dirty Jake Hammer toe at the Orpheum in 72.  He played his 5 string acoustic with his balls in a vice the entire show.  The lighting was horrible, the sound sucked and the placed smelled like vomit....Best show ever.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to rtuinila's comment:

Whew, I thought I had counterfeit tickets for a second there...

Well you probably do.  You better turn them over to me to investigate. 

hahaha classic!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to apdynasty23's comment:

Huh? This was always the Sunday night game, no?

Thats what I thought also?

Sections
Shortcuts