Pats versus Steelers - Why we Win on Sunday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from steelersnumber1. Show steelersnumber1's posts

Re: Pats versus Steelers - Why we Win on Sunday

I'd pipe it down, Mr. pasty face. Back to the trucker sandwich and iron city beer as you wait on that yellow towel to stop tumbling in the dryer for Sunday.
    ----
    I bought my towel over 30 years ago and its never been washed!

We got 6... nanny, nanny, bo-boo.
    BTW: Ben gets 4 before Brady (who probably never gets back to the Super Bowl).

Brady should prepare himself for a whole lot of Lawrence Timmons on Sunday.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Love the arrogance.  Typical Steelers fan.

You probably drop a load into that towel, daily, too.   But, you enjoy.

Ben is the worst 2 time SB winner ever.

Shall we discuss his SB 40 QB rating?  lol! 

Yes, let's:

"Roethlisberger's QB rating of 22.6 in Super Bowl XL is lowest rating of a winning quarterback in Super Bowl history. The previous lowest QB rating of a winning Super Bowl QB was John Elway's 51.9 in Denver's victory over Green Bay in Super Bowl XXXII."

I'd take his two rings and be happy you got those. One came under mysterious circumstances with a ref who just recently admitted fraud and another came agains the juggernaut Cardinals. Barely.

It's all you have in Pitt other than Cindy Crosby, so I get why you are enamored with a rapist.

Enjoy!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In Response to Re: Pats versus Steelers - Why we Win on Sunday:
    I'd pipe it down, Mr. pasty face. Back to the trucker sandwich and iron city beer as you wait on that yellow towel to stop tumbling in the dryer for Sunday. ---- I bought my towel over 30 years ago and its never been washed! We got 6... nanny, nanny, bo-boo. BTW: Ben gets 4 before Brady (who probably never gets back to the Super Bowl). Brady should prepare himself for a whole lot of Lawrence Timmons on Sunday.
    Posted by steelersnumber1

You, Steelersnumber1,  fell victim to one of the classic blunders on this message board.... The most famous of course is: "Never get involved in a land war in Asia." But, only slightly less well known is this: "Never go in against Russ, when the Pats are being discussed!"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Easy pickings, Lifer.  Like taking candy from a baby. You just have to know who you are up against. hehe

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

It is going to feel so good when the PATS expose the Steelers this coming Sunday.  I really do believe that BB will have a great game plan and TB will execute it perfectly.  Pittsburgh is over-rated....

TB has ALWAYS had success against Blitzburgh and the Key is spreading the offense. 

I also think we will see a much better run D this week.  So if it's up to Ben or Tom, my money is on Tom all day long.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Love the arrogance.  Typical Steelers fan. You probably drop a load into that towel, daily, too.   But, you enjoy. Ben is the worst 2 time SB winner ever. Shall we discuss his SB 40 QB rating?  lol!  Yes, let's: "Roethlisberger's QB rating of 22.6 in Super Bowl XL is lowest rating of a winning quarterback in Super Bowl history. The previous lowest QB rating of a winning Super Bowl QB was John Elway's 51.9 in Denver's victory over Green Bay in Super Bowl XXXII." I'd take his two rings and be happy you got those. One came under mysterious circumstances with a ref who just recently admitted fraud and another came agains the juggernaut Cardinals. Barely. It's all you have in Pitt other than Cindy Crosby, so I get why you are enamored with a rapist. Enjoy!
    Posted by BBReigns

Steelers won those in spite of Roth.  Either way, he has the rings.  But, your point about arrogance...  it has been said in many corners, the Steeler fans are the worst in the arrogance department as they have taken this "6 rings" thing way overboard.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

What Brady MUST do is be able to Throw the ball CORRECTLY not over players heads Defense and Offense Must all get on the same page this week Clearly the past week they were not.  Brady needs to get the ball to Welker and Hernandez  and hopefully Gronkowski DON'T DROP IT if he misses more than 1 catch Cannot throw it to him again after his preformance last week.  Pats when they get the Ball They need to HOLD onto the ball TIGHT cause Steelers will rip it right out of there arms USE 2 HANDS

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

In Response to Pats versus Steelers - Why we Win on Sunday:
    The PATS will be focussed and ready this coming Sunday which is bad news for the Steelers....  The loss to Cleveland, in the big picture could be a blessing in disguise.  The younger players needed a reality check... Many regard Pittsburgh as the top team in the league.  BB will be sure to remind his players all week. The Pats have always matched up well against the Steelers (as long as #12 is behind center). I hope to see the Pats with a spread offense, lots of short to imtermediate passes & Screens.  This is how we have beaten Blitzburg in the past and this will set up our run game. Defensively, as long as we can keep Rothlesburger in the Pocket, I think we can keep the passing game in check.  Red Zone D is the KEY! If Cincinatti can give Pittsburgh a game, the Pats should be a formidable foe. One day of extra planning and rest for the PATS, with a sour bunch of veterans will serve us well. Predicting a final score of 27-20 Pats Thoughts?
    Posted by SmokingJoe

Hello Dear,

The Pats lost to the 2-5 Brownn team on the road.  They will have a tough time at the Steelers stadium unless Tom Brady and his offensive units are on the same page then they have a chance. In addition, the young Pats defense has to step up to stop the run.  If the RBs of the Browns can run over the Pats defense so then the Steelers.  If you are the coach of the Steelers what can you learn from the Browns game.  I 've seen another "L" here.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Brady is 5-1 against the Steelers, and the Steelers haven't beaten the Pats in Pittsburgh since '04.  Pats win 27-20.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I think he's 6-2 against Pitt, no?

That's what the two dopes at the Pitt-Post Gazette said.  I see they changed it now, so it probably is 5-1 lifetime. 

Personally, all these stats don't really mean much.

Pitt has this vaunted D, but they really haven't played anyone with a high powered offense.  They beat Cleveland, lost to New Orleans, lost to Baltimore, barely beat Atlanta, should have lost to Cincy, etc.

NE just needs to try to get off on a good offensive foot in the first half and avoid any turnovers.

Can't beat yourself on the road, and if they don't, they will be in a good spot to win it.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I heard Tate wasn't supposed to have time to get downfield against Jared Allen.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I think it is time for Eldeman to be invovled in a flee flicker type play where he ends up throwing it. We have matched up well against the Steelers in the past and hope they keep that up Sunday!!!

Go Pats!!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

I agree, Paul. I don't get why people say they aren't built for run blocking when Mankins and Neal are arguably the best duo in the AFC for Guards. You add it Crumpler, Gronk, etc, on the edges with Light and Vollmer, and it's a very nasty unit. O'Brien just needs to commit to it early and to avoid straying from it. I also like the zone blocking options they implement, which is why many backs look good in that particular scheme. Run the ball dammit!
    Posted by BBReigns

I think the week link on the line at the moment is Neal's health and probably Koppen as he is under-sized facing the NT in the 3-4 and in 4-3 gets pushed back quite a bit.

Smart smart player, but the game has changed since he arrived in the NFL.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

the patriots will lose to the steelers, although they will be playing against one of the most over-rated QB's in the league, they will be themselves again as they lack any talent!  the patriots plan for the game is the same as it has been all year, play the conservative game the first 3 quaters then try to catch up at the end of the game when they are behind!  for three quaters here are the plays they will use.  1st down - run ball up the middle gain 1 yard 2nd down run ball up the midlle gain one yard 3rd down throw a bomb -incomplete 4th punt repeat for 3 quaters 4th quater go to no huddle short pass game but it's too late as they will be down to far to catch up!
    Posted by TheRealHomer

Not sure what you have been watvhing Homer, but maybe your doolaid is tainted.

Throw it out and start a fresh batch!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

Edleman is not throwing the ball, I wish people would realize that.  Only # 12 throws the ball here, and he gets paid very well to do that.  IF you guys didnt know, Julian Edleman was a qb in College by name only, but he ran around and made plays for the most part, and there are probably other players on the team that throw better than him, thats not his strength, so lets move on.  He cant even get on the field to do HIS job, and you guys want him to Throw??   I cant understand it....I thought we had one of the best throwing the rock,and Russ so far as that Vikings game, you yourself admitted that Allen could be handled by Light and we know he came in with ZERO sacks....cant count on that from Blitzburg, they WILL get pressure with their LB's blizting, all 4 of them...will it be Harrison, Woodley, Farrior?, I mean these guys all get after it, lets not be foolish here, for us to win, we gotta play the best game we have all year to date, and no I am not obsesses w/ Pitt, but they do have # 1 defense, and we have struggling offense..
    Posted by patsfan76

Patsfan76, I think those plays were great under Weiss. We have seen them much since he was OC and even when it was tried not too successful.

O'Brien (sp?) is like McDaniels and not too much into the trick plays. Some on the board may even say not even good at play calling in general.

It will take a lot to win this week and some (dare I say) Mangini like effort may be needed....

The Oline has to protect Brady, give him time and Brady has to be accurate and the receivers have to get open and CATCH the dang ball!

Close game and a good chance to see the young guy resond after getting a whoopin by the Browns!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Pats versus Steelers - Why we Win on Sunday : I think the week link on the line at the moment is Neal's health and probably Koppen as he is under-sized facing the NT in the 3-4 and in 4-3 gets pushed back quite a bit. Smart smart player, but the game has changed since he arrived in the NFL.
    Posted by Patriots1970

I still think you are overanalyzing it a bit.  I totally hear you on Neal's health, but I can't but help notice the fans complaining about people like Light or Koppen, the O Line whipping boys, a lot less this year because they are healthy.

Last year, those 3 were all dinged up most of the year. Not an excuse, just a reality and how it ties into Brady's efficiency and how O'Brien can just be more creative with how he uses the run.

Neal always seems digned up and it's a good thing Mankins is here.

But, I still feel it's more of a commitment to the run and how the game is called than it is "Koppen is undersized and can't run block", or "Light is a turnstile".

Light needs help against speed rushers. The hybrid types like an Allen he can handle.

Freeney, not so much. He needs help.

But, if they weren't so predictable simply because they ignore the run early in the game, the idea that they can't run it or they  have no run game...or...the O Line isn't good at run blocking, etc, etc, etc, disappears when they run it.

How can you go from playing well agaisnt good competition to being bad/subpar overnight?

You can't unless you are flat out old and ineffective over a sustained period.

If Neal is dinged up, then Connolly can spell him and they still can run it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBCoach. Show DBCoach's posts

Disagree completely.  Graham is a solid kicker. I can't believe how overrated the concept of a kick off is.  Graham has been around and can kick. Mankins is back. Do people watch the Pitt games this year?  Atlanta took them to OT, Baltimore handled them in Pitt and New Orleans handled them in NOLA. They beat up on Cleveland. Ok. Nice job. If Shipley does not fumble, they lose to Cincy, a team NE plastered. Huge game, NE plays better in games like this than against a team they should beat. NE will be the underdog, BB will have them ready. Pitt's run game is able to be contained and they can gameplan for Roethlisturd.  Keep him into a pocket. He likes to try to slither through, so they;ll need to keep a spy on him underneath. Is Chung ready?
    Posted by BBReigns

by your own logic.. if Atl took em to OT and Balt handled them, then if they beat up on the browns .... they gonna kill us...   you make no sense..

How bout

on any given sunday...

thats why they play the game

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I say on any given Sunday every week, drippy.

I am simply pointing out that Pittsburgh is deemed this unstoppable AFC force, and they aren't.

That's the point.  Please learn to use logic yourself, sir.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBCoach. Show DBCoach's posts

I say on any given Sunday every week, drippy. I am simply pointing out that Pittsburgh is deemed this unstoppable AFC force, and they aren't. That's the point.  Please learn to use logic yourself, sir.
    Posted by BBReigns

guess you forgot to add to your stupid post..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Maybe if you read my comments before you'd have a clue of what you are talking about.

Check out the "which era is more difficult" thread and you'll see why you look dumb.

Of course it's any given Sunday. kid.  That's why I am laughing at the people who think Pitt is unstoppable. 

Or the Jets. Or Baltimore. Or, really any AFC team that people would rather see than NE.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBCoach. Show DBCoach's posts

Maybe if you read my comments before you'd have a clue of what you are talking about. Check out the "which era is more difficult" thread and you'll see why you look dumb. Of course it's any given Sunday. kid.  That's why I am laughing at the people who think Pitt is unstoppable.  Or the Jets. Or Baltimore. Or, really any AFC team that people would rather see than NE.
    Posted by BBReigns

Dude  I was replying to your one post I read... I'm  not checking your posting history...  Now bringing up who beat who in the past has nothing to do with this sunday night... period

Thats all I'm saying

Sections
Shortcuts