Pats versus Steelers - Why we Win on Sunday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Pats versus Steelers - Why we Win on Sunday

I agree.  Some feel Pitt is this daunting team, and NE matches up well with them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBCoach. Show DBCoach's posts

BB said it best... its not the best team that wins its the team that plays best that day

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

Who leads the Pats in Rush yards, Receiving Yards on Sunday...? 

Woodhead = 60 yards rushin, 30 yards receiving & 1 TD
    Branch = 80 yards receiving & 1 TD

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Joe, how about sharin' some of youe weed?  Pats OLine in no way will stand up against Steeler D.  We will not be able to open holes for Law Firm or Woddy or ToeTaylor, and then they T-off on Tom.  Long night for Pats.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickforPresident. Show BelichickforPresident's posts

I just hope our offense produces on Sunday.  Or has it been over-rated?
    I can envision Tom and co. being a force to be reckoned with . . . But I'd like to actually see it on the field.  Too many 3 and outs lately. 
    Hate to mention it, but computer simulations and statistics-generated predictions for the game provide a bit of a reality-check, for those talking smack about Patriots dominating the Steelers and readying their victory dance.  Pittsburgh is walking away in more objective forecasts.
    No, computers don't suit up on Sunday . . . but you've got to wonder.  The measured output of our talent and track record for our team -- so far -- doesn't bode well in my book.  Yes, we are 6 and 2, and a win is a win.  But while no win counts more than others, some wins do mean more.  Same with losses.
    This team is a work in progress. 
    Patriots 20, Steelers 27.  Ouch.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

In Response to Re: Pats versus Steelers - Why we Win on Sunday:
    At this point, Pittsburgh is the more talented team, no doubt there. They have a better RB, better WRs, better LB's, better safeties. Plus they are at home. Honestly, as much as I would love to say that the Pats rebound, I just don't see it.  The only hope is that Pittsburgh came off a short week and are incredibly dinged up on the O and D lines. I'm not sure that is enough though.  I think Pittsburgh wins it 31-20. And yet another crappy Monday.
    Posted by Caesar1177

A running back is only as good as his offensive line, and then his talent can shine. O line for them is hurt.  Steelers should have another loss.  Miami beat them fair and square but the refs gave them the win. We'll know by Monday night.  However this game is not as important as the one against Indy

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Joe, how about sharin' some of youe weed?  Pats OLine in no way will stand up against Steeler D.  We will not be able to open holes for Law Firm or Woddy or ToeTaylor, and then they T-off on Tom.  Long night for Pats.
    Posted by fyyankees

You may be right.  if so, Pats will pass all day and beat them that way.  Steeler D? They have given up over 20 pts per game the last 3 games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Posted by fyyankees
    Yankees are world series champs!  Oops.  Not! All those billions spent and 1 Championship in 10 years? Jets...how long?  Joe Namath is a great grandfather. NY Knicks....a generation ago.  Rangers...long time ago.  No wonder you are on this site.  You want to experience the thrill of victory.
     As they say on TV..Come on Man!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

I just hope our offense produces on Sunday.  Or has it been over-rated? I can envision Tom and co. being a force to be reckoned with . . . But I'd like to actually see it on the field.  Too many 3 and outs lately.  Hate to mention it, but computer simulations and statistics-generated predictions for the game provide a bit of a reality-check, for those talking smack about Patriots dominating the Steelers and readying their victory dance.  Pittsburgh is walking away in more objective forecasts. No, computers don't suit up on Sunday . . . but you've got to wonder.  The measured output of our talent and track record for our team -- so far -- doesn't bode well in my book.  Yes, we are 6 and 2, and a win is a win.  But while no win counts more than others, some wins do mean more.  Same with losses. This team is a work in progress.  Patriots 20, Steelers 27.  Ouch.
    Posted by BelichickforPresident
    As you said they are a work in process. So not bad for a tram that is rebuilding.  Most teams in rebuilding years are like Buffalo.  So we should count our blessings.  This may not be the year, but they are getting close, and better

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

ANOTHER KEY INJURY for the STEELERS:  Man, Their Conditioning Coach should be fired....

PATS will Win this game, Mark My Words!

Steelers tell Patriots James Harrison is questionable

Steelers linebacker James Harrison wasn’t listed on this week’s injury report. But he’s now being called questionable for Sunday night’s game against the Patriots.

The Patriots have announced that the Steelers added Harrison to their injury report and listed him as questionable with back spasms.

We haven’t seen an official announcement from the Steelers or an addition to the league’s injury report, but the Patriots put out the word on Twitter.

Harrison has started all eight games this season and leads the Steelers with seven sacks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

Pit locks down the run so anytthihg we get postive out of it will be a bonus, the key is the air game look at what cincy did they were able to air it out  if we spread it out  we should be able to have a good game

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Hate to say it, but Pats aren't going to hold with the Steelers tomorrow.  And it's got nothing to do with the Pitt offense; it's their D.  With or without Harrison, whose alleged injury is nothing more than a chess-move, the Pats will not throw succesfully against this team.  And when Danny Woodhead, whom I love, is leading a team in rushing yards, that's not actually a good sign.

Logic seems to dictate that if Cleveland can beat NE by 21, the Steelers are going to run this team over tomorrow.  

I'm usually a pie-eyed optimist, and I've taken my lumps here over the years for my optimism. But beating the Steelers in Pittsburgh is way too tough to fathom.  Brady will play, but it doesn't sound like he's going to be very mobile. 

I think we could see our fist glimpse of Hoyer in the second half tomorrow, either because the game is already a blowout, or because Brady is more hurt than has been reported. 

And I hope to eat all of these words tomorrow night.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SShoreLurker. Show SShoreLurker's posts

Patriots match-up better with Pittsburgh than they do with Indy.  However, the ST/DEF has to make a score a huge field position turnover to get that one extra TD for the Patriots to score more 17 this week.  If they do, I see 24-21 Patriots, if not 21-17 Steelers.

Steelers are vulnerable on pass defense. But patience is in order.  Good field position to start drives will help expose the middle passing lanes.  As for the Patriots Defense, contain Roethlisberger!!  keep him in the pocket and not flush him out.  He will make a mistake when not scrambling.  Also, don't let Wallace get over the topon the secondary early in the game.  He could have a big night.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Steelers had a terrific start to the season but have been just getting by the last three games.  They squeaked past Miami, then they lost to New Orleans by 10 points, then they stopped Cincinnati in the red zone to squeak out a victory.  The whole team seems to be playing injured, and three weeks of injury often implies four weeks of injury.  Some of the injuries went to Injured Reserve. 

For that matter the Patriots seemed to be playing injured last week.  One week of injury preceded by two fairly normal games, and without too many people going on IR (the kicker) or being out for the next game, implies that the bumps and bruises may be improving at a reasonable speed.  Or it might just be dumb but talented rookies like Gronk needing a wakeup call.

Slight trap game potential:  the Steelers played New Orleans and then division rival Cleveland on Monday Night.  In another week the surprising Oakland Raiders (I give them an 8.7 power rating right now, on a 3 game win streak) are coming to town.  If I were New England I'd be frightened of this particular game, as opposed to any game down the road.  This game determines playoff seedings.

"On defense, though the Steelers rank #1 against the run, they are only 24th overall against the pass. Not good, in the pass happy NFL;"  BB is not afraid to throw on every single down in the first half.  Once against the Vikings he threw on every single down in the first half, with not one running play. 
    - - -
    Always a good sign, the media are now burying the Patriots.  From NFL.com

Patriots at Steelers
    Wilcots: Steelers
    Lombardi: Steelers
    Baldinger: Steelers

I see a potential for a Patriots 20, Media 17 game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

ANOTHER KEY INJURY for the STEELERS: Steelers tell Patriots James Harrison is questionable Posted by Michael David Smith on November 13, 2010, 12:20 PM EST Steelers linebacker James Harrison wasn’t listed on this week’s injury report . But he’s now being called questionable for Sunday night’s game against the Patriots. The Patriots have announced that the Steelers added Harrison to their injury report and listed him as questionable with back spasms. We haven’t seen an official announcement from the Steelers or an addition to the league’s injury report, but the Patriots put out the word on Twitter . Harrison has started all eight games this season and leads the Steelers with seven sacks.
    Posted by SmokingJoe

There is questionable of course he'll play, and there is questionable of course he won't play.  I get the feeling that this is the latter.  Teams hate to switch ratings at the last minute because it invites general league scrutiny of their operation (sort of like inviting an IRS audit with a red flag), so if Harrison could walk upright for fifty feet today without a walker, he wouldn't even merit a probable.  By calling him "questionable", Pitts somewhat forces the Patriots to prepare for him even if he doesn't show up. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

The Steeler game is a season defining game for the Pats. It is one of two upcoming games that they absolutely must win. The other must win game is the one against the Jets.

Sections
Shortcuts