Pats Voted Best Offseason

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boston1974. Show boston1974's posts

Pats Voted Best Offseason

Accoding to EspnBoston. John Clayton  stated the Pats had the best offseason, ranked them Number 1.  Check it out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Pats Voted Best Offseason

In Response to Pats Voted Best Offseason:
    Accoding to EspnBoston. John Clayton  stated the Pats had the best offseason, ranked them Number 1.  Check it out.
    Posted by boston1974

I don't suppose you have a link to that do you? It's Friday and Clayton said something good about the Pats. Things are looking up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

saw that as well...where are the trolls now???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

I don't doubt it....the Pats offseason was pretty darn good......only an idiot would say otherwise (waiting for MossBradytroll to chime in)......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

not best, but better then the other 31 teams in the leauge

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

I saw that last night.  It was nice for someone to recognize that sometimes things like re-signing your own guys means a lot, it's not all about signing Julius Peppers to a huge deal that makes your offseason.  Clayton liked Gronkowski and Hernandez, and who can blame him.  But will the Pats consistently utilize those guys?  I am a bit skeptical that they'll fully utilize the TEs, but hopeful that both of those guys pan out.  Clayton seems to think that they were great pick ups, along with McCourty.     

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

here's the link;

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/13512/afc-east-takes-top-three-offseason-slots

Its going to be a slugfest in the AFC East this season, but tommy is the trump card. We're on our way to becoming the premier division in football once again and the Pats will regain their elite status.

trolls, insert hateful, irrelevant and ridiculous comments here....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Clayton is one of the few analysts at ESPN who's opinion I pay attention to.  I hope all the other 'experts' predict the Jets to win the AFC and give the Pats no rub in the preseason.  It'll be that much sweeter to watch them all eat crow later. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

ah, espn praises the pats and they are the beacon of sports journalism but if they said BB farted and it offended, well then we would all have to grab our pitchforks, torches, shotguns and rope eh?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Who cares what ESPN talking head says?  What matters is how they perform. I'm sure there are half a dozen others who says they stank.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Pats Voted Best Offseason:
    Posted by boston1974

Here's your article:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=5167792

I have a hard time putting much faith in anything John Clayton says.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Voted Best Offseason:
    In Response to Re: Pats Voted Best Offseason : I am sort of confused why you think theyd ditch Watson and Baker( "going in anorher direction" per Watson) and draft a TE like Gronkowski AND Hernandez? Care to elaborate? I understand why you'd say that based on recent seasons, but with Welker out until November, albeit with Edelman as a suitable poor man's version and Moss in a contract year at 33, it certainly smells like an offensive metamorphasis of sorts, especially down the middle and with receivers with SIZE. Tate and Price are big. Obviously, Gronkowski and Hernandez are big, with the latter almost like a really large WR. I do agree I expected more out of the gamecalling with Watson, but between the idea of using him to chip (in which he wasn't very good) or get open and catch the thing or just stay healthy, it didn't work out. But, for a team that is 3rd in the league and never really used their TEs, what does that tell you when they can? One of the most silly comments I have heard as an excuse for why NE doesn't have a great TE is "they don't use one". Well, why not???!!! Brady has got to be licking his chops right now.
    Posted by russgriswold

I don't think the Pats utilized the TEs to fullest extent that they could, and I don't think it was always about the personnel at the position.  To me, the offense has been more about prioritizing getting the ball to Moss and Welker in recent years, and probably rightly so.  In the past, it was utilizing quick hitches, screens, and a short passing game to get the ball to Branch, Brown, Patten et all and letting them get some YAC.  The TE has not been featured, for one reason or another, and it's hard to understand why given the investment at the position in rounds 1-4 of the draft over the years.   

There have been a lot of guys drafted at the position and not one of them has been featured in the passing game (Graham, Watson, Thomas, Rutledge, -- even FA's like Baker).  Was it the players or the philosophy?  Do the Pats value the TE more as a blocker in the run game and to pass protect?  Who knows?  You may be right that Gronkowski and Hernandez will be big additions, especially since Welker is out for a while, Moss is in his walk year and there are question marks after those guys.  I hope so.  Maybe the offensive makeover is in the works.  Both guys seem to have the skills to create mismatches all over the field.     

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I think they had one of the top 5 off seasons and as far as the TE discussion I think they made the decision they wanted to be more physical and that is why Crumpler and Gronk were brought into the mix. As for Hernandez I don't think they had him on their short list because they figured they would not have a chance at him and when he was available where he was they had to take him and I think you have a Ben Coates Type TE/WR there. BB tends to coach to the players he has available on offense and that is why I think there will be a lot of "stunting" for lack of a better way to put it with his TE versatility.
    They still have two question marks RB and Pass Rush... if that develops or they pick someone or a couple players up then it is just a question of how the team comes together.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

The Pats utilized Fauria and Wiggin. They did not utilize Watson, Baker or Graham partially because they were inconsistant.  If they have TE's who are reliable and open Brady will use them. Hernandez will likely be split wide as he was in FL.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

The next time I care what Mr. Peepers thinks will be the first time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

The Pats utilized Fauria and Wiggin. They did not utilize Watson, Baker or Graham partially because they were inconsistant.  If they have TE's who are reliable and open Brady will use them. Hernandez will likely be split wide as he was in FL.
    Posted by croc

They did use Fauria pretty well, Wiggins somewhat.  Maybe Hernandez is in the Fauria mold?  Graham was a solid blocker and as somebody else pointed out Dillon and Smith had some pretty good years running behind him. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

@bj    the afc east troll of the week...  clayton wrote the pats had the best off season...  not the jests...   see even when you think your team makes moves and you think did great.... you still finish behind the best...  nothing has changed and dont worry I already know your used to it .....but loud mouth some more...because thats what you are best at...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

According to someone whom I question whether he played a day of football in his life, the New England Patriots win the offseason Superbowl. 

Someone please have a banner made. 

All players will be given $.50 to purchase their own gumball machine official John Clayton offseason superbowl rings. 

The president of the local Rotary will host the team in celebration during the off-season off-season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

decline??  2007 suberbowl  2008 no quaterback 11-5 record...nfl quirk where 9-7 team goes to playoffs we dont...2009 win division...2010??? superbowl again???     ask jaguars or titans or redskins about teams on the decline

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

According to someone whom I question whether he played a day of football in his life, the New England Patriots win the offseason Superbowl.  Someone please have a banner made.  All players will be given $.50 to purchase their own gumball machine official John Clayton offseason superbowl rings.  The president of the local Rotary will host the team in celebration during the off-season off-season.
    Posted by underdoggg

LOL!  Hey everyone, look who is jealous!  WOW!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

decline??  2007 suberbowl  2008 no quaterback 11-5 record...nfl quirk where 9-7 team goes to playoffs we dont...2009 win division...2010??? superbowl again???     ask jaguars or titans or redskins about teams on the decline
    Posted by jcour382

Wasn't the San Diego 8 - 8 that year?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

This article is right on.  The Pats were goiven credit for their 'knee jerk' free agent signings of guys that were already on that team.  Apparently, the going rate for Wilkfork, Bodden, Neal, & Banta-Cain is 84 1/2 million dollars.  I guess when you put it in perspective to AT's 35 mil, it's pretty fair.  The Pats desperatly needed to overpay for those guys.  What was the alternative?  Lose them to another team.  A bad team would have gotten much worse.  Problem is, sigining the guys that were are your team last year, doesn't really fill any of those holes.  Good job not getting much worse.
    Posted by bjesuss

Another great response from a zit !    What is it like to live under a rock???  Please tell us more...troll.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Voted Best Offseason : LOL!  Hey everyone, look who is jealous!  WOW!
    Posted by m1021us

Nice get Sherlock. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Voted Best Offseason : Nice get Sherlock. 
    Posted by underdoggg

Not a problem....it is pretty easy to figure you out and show everyone how Jealous you have become.....Typical....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

This article is right on.  The Pats were goiven credit for their 'knee jerk' free agent signings of guys that were already on that team.  Apparently, the going rate for Wilkfork, Bodden, Neal, & Banta-Cain is 84 1/2 million dollars.  I guess when you put it in perspective to AT's 35 mil, it's pretty fair.  The Pats desperatly needed to overpay for those guys.  What was the alternative?  Lose them to another team.  A bad team would have gotten much worse.  Problem is, sigining the guys that were are your team last year, doesn't really fill any of those holes.  Good job not getting much worse.
    Posted by bjesuss

I think you're assuming players will play the same next year as they did this year.  It almost never works this way, by that theory the Colts would never have gotten better over the last 8 or 10 years.  They almost never sign free agents and consistently sign their own players.  The Saints didn't have any big signings last year and got much better.  There's getting talent, developing individual talent, and developing team talent.  The last couple just take time which is why free agent signings can be counterproductive and have to be weighed against the development of current players. 

Another words, same people does not equal same results, and for the Jets different people doesn't equal different results.  Just have to wait and see.

Sections
Shortcuts