Pats vs 49ers Superbowl ???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Pats vs 49ers Superbowl ???

I have mentioned in a few posts that I've lived in the SF bay area for more than 40 years but first 21 years were in Maine before the draft & USMC called me away. Roots run deep so I am a Boston Teams fan first but it's difficult to not have enjoyed Montana, Rice, Young etc. so I like the 49ers too.

I wanted a Pats-Niner Super Bowl 2 years ago but 2 bonehead fumbles let the Giants(I hate NY teams) tie & win in OT with field goals the NFC title game I hoped Pats would get me some revenge & they lose to Giants(did too 2 years earlier).

Now, last year, the Ravens knock out the Pats in the AFC title game & I look for the 49ers to get some revenge in the Superbowl & Kapernick( he went wild in previous 2 playoffs) fails to run once from the 5 yard line missing 4 passes. Harbaugh is at fault too & I don't care if Balt had him scouted for the run, he should have tried once.

Pats & 49ers are probably long shots with many fans probably wanting a Seahawk/Bronco superbowl but with a New England/SF matchup I can't lose whoever wins. Please don't ask whom I favor.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: Pats vs 49ers Superbowl ???

Carolina and NE would make for a nice rematch...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Pats vs. anyone - just so long as the Pats are in it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Niners will get beat in GB, next

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I think the Eagles could be a darkhorse potential.

They have a very favorable home game against the Saints this week, who can't play outdoors to save their lives. 

Then next week would be a tough challenge in Carolina, but they have a chance, especially if Cam Newton isn't ready for the big stage.

Then they would fave the winner of what I think will be 49ers and Seahawks, who will beat the living heck out of each other. If they get real lucky, the 49ers will win, and have to go to Philly for their 4th straight road game. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to FishTaco64's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They have a very favorable home game against the Saints this week, who can't play outdoors to save their lives. 

Then next week would be a tough challenge in Carolina, but they have a chance, especially if Cam Newton isn't ready for the big stage.

Then they would fave the winner of what I think will be 49ers and Seahawks, who will beat the living heck out of each other. If they get real lucky, the 49ers will win, and have to go to Philly for their 4th straight road game. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree about Philly, they should be able to beat NO, and could beat Carolina. Philly seems to play good on the road.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Pats vs any warm weather or dome team in the comfy confines of MetLife stadium in February

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to gr82bme's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1, they have a good chance. Den doesn't scare me if it's cold out. I don't think they have the D to stop Brady. Indy would be 50/50 (well rounded O and D) but in NE the Pats have the edge. Cinn scares me a little simply because they are like Balt last year. They have a D that can shut down Brady and their O is hit or miss. If it's on with weapons like Green they could be tough with this secondary. KC scares me a little with their D too but I don't think their O can keep up with the Pats if the Pats game is on.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1, they have a good chance. Den doesn't scare me if it's cold out. I don't think they have the D to stop Brady. Indy would be 50/50 (well rounded O and D) but in NE the Pats have the edge. Cinn scares me a little simply because they are like Balt last year. They have a D that can shut down Brady and their O is hit or miss. If it's on with weapons like Green they could be tough with this secondary. KC scares me a little with their D too but I don't think their O can keep up with the Pats if the Pats game is on.

[/QUOTE]

I don't understand when you say "with this secondary?" Our secondary is clearly a strength of this team. A huge strength.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to apdynasty23's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't understand when you say "with this secondary?" Our secondary is clearly a strength of this team. A huge strength.

[/QUOTE]

Talib hasn't been himself, the SS position is in constant flux game to game, Ryan is still a rook and we don't know how he plays in the playoffs, Arrington god help us if he's outside, and Dennard's not 100% yet, not to mention the DL has at times struggled to get pressure on teams with better lines. Is it stronger than the run D, well yeah it's hard not to be, but it's not a strength of the team as a whole (I'd actually say the biggest strength is our kicking duo in Allen and Ghost). It's a strength of the D but only because the run D is far worse.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Sorry my friend but it will be upsets specials in the NFC.

In the afc, Chargers beat Cinci on road, then beat Denver on road, then lose to Patriots on road.

Patriots vs Eagles in the big show. You heard it here first!

Patriots win 30-28

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ha, good post. I agree about eagles. The D is their weakness, but they have won 7 of their last 8 games of the year and only allowed 17.5 ppg in those 7 wins.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Yeah, their D has improved a lot lately. They are one team I think could be a tough matchup for the Pats, their O is so good at running it, and our D is so weak against the run, but I think BB would stack the box to stop it and force Foles to win it with his arm. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

Yeah, their D has improved a lot lately. They are one team I think could be a tough matchup for the Pats, their O is so good at running it, and our D is so weak against the run, but I think BB would stack the box to stop it and force Foles to win it with his arm. 

[/QUOTE]

A scary proposition though as Foles is a big play machine, and 25 tds to 2 or 3 picks!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

For sure, but fortunately our own QB is not the likes of RGIII, Tony Romo, or Eli Manning lol. Easy to pile up TDs when your opponets QBs are throwing boneheaded INT after boneheaded INT.

And Foles has 27 TDs to 2 INTs, a very impressive mark, but can he do this well if his running game is shut down? Part of his success is due to that extremely fast-paced running game wearing down the defense, if we can force a few three and outs early and put together some long drives of our own, their D could be gassed very early.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pats vs any warm weather or dome team in the comfy confines of MetLife stadium in February

[/QUOTE]

met life (new jersey)is like a second home anyway, right. we've pretty much owned that place 11-3 since 2000. would've been 12-2 if rex didn't cry to the official this year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sorry my friend but it will be upsets specials in the NFC.

In the afc, Chargers beat Cinci on road, then beat Denver on road, then lose to Patriots on road.

Patriots vs Eagles in the big show. You heard it here first!

Patriots win 30-28

[/QUOTE]

champ, we think alike.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Pats vs Giants

How can you discount the Giants? After all, didn't they just win 10 in a row?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Push!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

I don't see it when the Seahawks are in the playoffs. 

Pats vs. Seahawks....

Sections
Shortcuts