Pats vs Broncos

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Colosoxman. Show Colosoxman's posts

Pats vs Broncos

My advice to BB is, if  he would take it, to arrive a couple of extra days so the team can get used to the altitude. AFC west teams coming from sea level have done that and had some success. When you dont ever experience that mile high air it can take a toll on you Oakland and San DIego have done so in the pat.
      How else can you explain the Pats are 3 and 13 in the Mile High City? With the last win in 2003 there. Also drink lots of water. You get winded easily and now you gotta worry about chasing Tebow around .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

Re: Pats vs Broncos

good thought and the altitude defiantly is a factor for teams that don't play or train in it. the problem is that it takes about two weeks to adjust to it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTPatsFan17. Show CTPatsFan17's posts

let's face it guys, we're gonna get Tebow'd

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

BB is a football historian as well as an outstanding coach. If there's anyone that can coach up an effective option defense, its BB. If the D executes per plan, then not only do the pats win, but the rest of the league will have the blueprint for shutting down the Broncos for the rest of the year. Also, look for the screen to make a comeback vs Denver's D.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Pats vs Broncos:
    [QUOTE]let's face it guys, we're gonna get Tebow'd
    Posted by CTPatsFan17[/QUOTE]

This reminds me of the South Park episode with the Jonas brothers. Should the Pats expect to get sprayed with hot white foam while Tebow's on the field?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

The more I think about this game, the more I think that BB must be relishing the challenge of defending the option. 

I can imagine him digging into the vault and pulling out some real old-school game tapes to study with the defense - grainy, black and white game films shot on hand cranked cameras, showing leather helmeted, broken-toothed, rugby looking guys... I bet they watch a few Jim Thorpe tapes before the week's preparation is out! 

This will be a fun game to watch.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gwomlo. Show gwomlo's posts

Tebow's tough decision when he plays the Pats will be do I run over the corners or do I pass at them. I hope the Pats cornerbacks will be ready to take him on during the 4th quarter with low O2 due to the altitude.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Rusty is right. The big concern (but the smaller story) is the Broncos front seven getting pressure on  Brady. If BB takes away the read option play and somehow forces Tebow to become a pocket passer then the game changes. Also if the Pats O get a lead and Tebow has to throw to keep up the Denver O becomes more predictable. I might also add that while Tebow has been the big story the Broncos have gotten decent production from Mcgahee when has been healthy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Redskins?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]Redskins?
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats vs Broncos : This reminds me of the South Park episode with the Jonas brothers. Should the Pats expect to get sprayed with hot white foam while Tebow's on the field?
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Lol post of the day so far...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Question regarding the Pats v the Broncos:  The Lions defeated the Broncos in Denver 45 - 10, how many of you think the Pats can't do the same?  The Pats have a much better offense than the Lions.  But, then again, if the Broncos are in the playoff hunt, this game will be like a playoff game to them if the Pats have clinched the division.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]Question regarding the Pats v the Broncos:  The Lions defeated the Broncos in Denver 45 - 10, how many of you think the Pats can't do the same?  The Pats have a much better offense than the Lions.  But, then again, if the Broncos are in the playoff hunt, this game will be like a playoff game to them if the Pats have clinched the division.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

I think it's going to depend on how the Patriot's offense matches up against the Denver's D. If the Denver D and/or special teams create turnovers, points, or get to Brady in the form of pressures/sacks - then we will NOT blow them out.

In addition, can the Patriots successfully contain BOTH the middle AND edge against the run consistently enough to force Tebow to stay in the pocket and throw the ball? If yes, we've got a good chance to win the game.

If the Patriots score early and often, I would say the rout is on (so long as the D can still contain the D running game and option plays).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]let's face it guys, we're gonna get Tebow'd
    Posted by CTPatsFan17[/QUOTE]

BS

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Broncos will run into a higher power that Tebow can't match.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Pats vs Broncos:
    [QUOTE]    My advice to BB is, if  he would take it, to arrive a couple of extra days so the team can get used to the altitude. Posted by Colosoxman[/QUOTE]

The truth. Probably has been the problem before when they played there.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Now we have to wait until tomorrow to see if the game wiil be flexed....

People are reporting that CBS and NBC are fighting over this game....Not sure if CBS has used all of their "strikes" (blocking of choices made by NBC)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]Now we have to wait until tomorrow to see if the game wiil be flexed.... People are reporting that CBS and NBC are fighting over this game....Not sure if CBS has used all of their "strikes" (blocking of choices made by NBC)
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

I think they get a strike for each week, but the choices are made before the season.  Since this was before Tebow it is highly unlikely they protected the game.  The only question left is whether they can someone manage to change their "strike" (which seems highly dubious) or if Kraft can complain enough to get NBC to back off (more plausible).  I guess we'll see.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i am mixed about this game actually...

on one hand, i know bb will have the solution to tebow. i'd love for the pats to win to sustain thier shot at home field.

on the other, pats winning means showing the entire league how to beat tebow.that will be the end of denver. i don;t want denver's run to end. i want them to keep winning so they knock nyj out of the playoffs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i believe edelman will be key on d

Sections
Shortcuts