Pats Vs Browns Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Pats Vs Browns Game Thread

Sorry Rock didnt know if you were going to be around to start the thread or not?! Folks feel free to desert if Rocky starts an official thread. I was just ready to talk Pats!

Welcome to Foxboro

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Welcome to Gillette Stadium, where the Patriots host the Browns (1 p.m. ET):

Weather conditions: Temperatures are in the high 20s to low 30s and there are minimal winds and no precipitation expected. A cold, crisp day and about what one would expect at this time of year in New England.

Five more to declare inactive: The Patriots have already ruled out right tackle Marcus Cannon (ankle) and receiver Aaron Dobson (foot), which means they have five more players to deactivate. Those decisions are finalized and announced around 90 minutes before kickoff. Running back Stevan Ridley, whose ball-security issues led him to being a healthy scratch last Sunday in Houston, is expected to play, according to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Faded paint in the end zones: Viewers might notice that the paint in the end zone which spells out "Patriots" is faded. That is a result of six high school state championship games being played at Gillette Stadium on Saturday.

Boger gets the call: Jerome Boger has been assigned to referee today's game. Boger was the referee for the Patriots' overtime loss to the Jets on Oct. 20.

Ninkovich on GameDay cover: Defensive end Rob Ninkovich, who was promoted to the defensive captaincy along with Devin McCourty after Vince Wilfork (Sept. 29) and Jerod Mayo (Oct. 13) were lost to season-ending injuries, is on the cover of the GameDay magazine sold at Gillette Stadium today.

Television switch on CBS: Bill Macatee, who was assigned to call today's game alongside Steve Tasker, had weather-related travel issues out of Dallas. Don Criqui will be on the call for CBS.

National Anthem: Performed by Shaun Soho from the Boston-based band Crash Midnight.

Color Guard: University of Massachusetts Police Department Honor Guard.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4754767/welcome-to-gillette-stadium-44?ex_cid=espnapi_public

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: Pats Vs Browns Game Thread

Ridley and Dennard active, Bolden inactive

Below is a full list of Patriots inactives:

LB Steve Beauharnais
    DE Jake Bequette
    RB Brandon Bolden
    OT Marcus Cannon
    WR Aaron Dobson
    TE Michael Hoomanawanui
    WR Kenbrell Thompkins

Below is a list of Browns inactives:

WR Josh Cooper
    OL Reid Fragel
    OL Garrett Gilkey
    TE Keavon Milton
    QB Alex Tanney
    OL Martin Wallace
    QB Brandon Weeden

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4754782/stevan-ridley-alfonzo-dennard-active-for-new-england-patriots?ex_cid=espnapi_public

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

I don't think this is going to be as easy of a game as people think.  The Browns have a pretty good defense and will apply some pressure on Tom.

I'm hoping BB takes the training wheels off Ridley and let's him loose today.  He needs to get his confidence back before the playoffs.  IMO, he is still going to play a large part in the Pats quest for another title this year.

Pats win this 24-17

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Good looks on the game thread, quags.  Rocky is MIA so you get the start today!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

^^ thanks. I think your right about the game being tighter than most think. With Dobson and Thompkins out and Ridley in, I think we try to jump out to a quick lead then go to the running game. Prediction; 27-17 New England.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Side Note; Celtics up on the Knicks 29-7, 1 minute left in first quarter. Brad Stephens a great hire just a year too early! He got em winning when we need to lose to rebuild!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

Side Note; Celtics up on the Knicks 29-7, 1 minute left in first quarter. Brad Stephens a great hire just a year too early! He got em winning when we need to lose to rebuild!

All the talk about tanking for a top draft pick have been unfounded.  They have a nice young core and Brad Stevens brings smarts and youth that will help gel with the youngins.  Having said that, 1. the Eastern Conference is a joke 2. the NBA is an even bigger joke.  I still love my C's, but the NBA has become UNBEARABLE to watch.

Now, back to football.  GO PATS!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Bequette hasn't had to wash his uni in 2 months.

Let's Go Pats!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

I really hope the Pats don't release Collie after this game.  I think he can make a major contribution for the rest of the year.   With Gronk drawing double-teams a guy like Collie that runs great routes and has great hands is invaluable.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

LOL Catfish can always count on you for a laugh every week! Sad thing is your right, remember after the draft alot of folks were saying Bequette would have more of an immidate impact than Chandler Jones casue Jones was raw?! LOL How silly the talking heads look now!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

LOL Catfish can always count on you for a laugh every week! Sad thing is your right, remember after the draft alot of folks were saying Bequette would have more of an immidate impact than Chandler Jones casue Jones was raw?! LOL How silly the talking heads look now!

Yup. I remember JB was supposedly ready to start right away (but had less of an upside).  Shows what a gamble the draft is.

Here's hoping for a good troll-free thread.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

I don't think this is going to be as easy of a game as people think.  The Browns have a pretty good defense and will apply some pressure on Tom.

I'm hoping BB takes the training wheels off Ridley and let's him loose today.  He needs to get his confidence back before the playoffs.  IMO, he is still going to play a large part in the Pats quest for another title this year.

Pats win this 24-17

yep. cleveland isn't as bad as their record, pats will play down to their level?

I hope not.  I'm rooting for a less Texans-esque game and more of a Titans-esque circa 2009 type game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

LETS GO PATS!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

good tackle Hightower.....7 yards downfield though

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Higtower picked on in coverage.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Let's go D

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

nice coverage hightower.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Wow.  look at them Browns move the ball downfield.  (roll eyes)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Rough first drive on defense so far.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

cmon D looking like crap right now! lets pick it up

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Good job.....finally

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Screw these refs and their early flags!!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Fumble and the Zebra Fix is in AGAIN.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Another NFL bagjob.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

Officials this year are horrendous. Never seen such ineptness. Suk azz.

Sections
Shortcuts